Map Telephone

Yes it should be such.
1) I've already an hard time to upload some maps with a jury-rigged internet connection
2) Too large maps are likely to be empty and uninteresting
3) Even if it was going to be detailed as hell, it would take too long to be made
4) It would allow to better compare map and follow up the transmission

Oh yes I suppose there should, if for no other reason images can't fit well on this site

Krall

Banned
I'd say 50 words at most. Enough for province or key labels, but not enough to write a full paragraph. We could also just allow 100, and trust that people will be responsible enough not to write a full synopsis.
I was more thinking of a text limitation EXCEPT the map key : if we can trust participants to moderate themselves in such basic stuff, the whole game is hopeless, to be honest.

That said, a 100-ish limits should be good. If you really want to pull more text, maybe "censor" a variant of the map you'll give to the next person, and eventually give the full version when all is done?

As for the size of the map : I'd propose people to get limited at around a A5-like size in order to have relatively coherent enough sizes.

I think a limit of 50 or 100 not including titles/keys would be acceptable. Enough for a short summary, not enough for an infodump. :)

So something roughly like: 1748 x 2480 pixels?

Which one of those is width and which one is height? Either way, I'm fine with that - maps really oughtn't be any bigger than that. :p