1st Map Telephone/Cadavre Exquis/Chinese Whispers

I was working on another, actually payed, project and as I'm more productive early on the morning...
It's generally that I'm awake for a good part of the day for some time, and that eventually I've to sleep more than usual to recover. It works on cycles.

Ah, right. So you're one of those mythical "morning person" creatures. I thought you were a myth, like oompa loompas or leprechauns.

Also, I'm loving the "exquisite corpse" name. Very poetic.

I'm skeptical : would it be only because we may be using different softwares, and that it wouldn't be either fair or interesting to limit contest to "users of X/Y/Z".

True. I hadn't thought of that...

Thande

Donor
There's a difference between téléphone arabe (telephone, chinese) and cadavre exquis.
The first is about transmitting something that get lost in transmission, and the other is about beggining something, and letting the other deal with the following.

I think this is much closer to a cadavre exquis than telephone.
Looking it up, I've been familiar with what cadavre exquis is for years - I came across it in a kids' Christmas activity book years ago - but I've never heard that French name or where it comes from. I remember playing it with my grandma in the early 90s in fact.

Ah, right. So you're one of those mythical "morning person" creatures. I thought you were a myth, like oompa loompas or leprechauns.
Not really : as I said, it works by cycles. I can be quite awake by early morning, or even not really sleep by night and still be largely functional by day.
But eventually, I'll recover, and have to sleep much more and almost hibernate :D

Also, I'm loving the "exquisite corpse" name. Very poetic.
Surrealists are an interesting bunch. And by interesting, I mean weird. And by weird, I mean surrealist.

Looking it up, I've been familiar with what cadavre exquis is for years - I came across it in a kids' Christmas activity book years ago - but I've never heard that French name or where it comes from. I remember playing it with my grandma in the early 90s in fact.

That said, I'm half suspecting that say to child or an old woman "Who wants to do an exquisite corpse" would receive a particularly worried attention.

Good work all round I think, I'd definitely be up for another round in a few weeks, and would be alright with a word limit for the map if we decided on that.

For those of that who never had the pleasure of pretending like we have dinner with Native Americans, when is that? ;)

Late November-ish?

It was agreed on AH.com Survival Minecraft Server, and quite informal at first, but I think we'd need to be more clear on the "rules" before launching the second edition.
As in giving an hard limit on text accompanying the maps, as well as the size of the latter.

I think some combination of the two (a dead telephone if you will).
That is maps with a limited amount of text and the next one has to logically fit in with it albeit in a new direction.

Late November-ish?

It was agreed on AH.com Survival Minecraft Server, and quite informal at first, but I think we'd need to be more clear on the "rules" before launching the second edition.
As in giving an hard limit on text accompanying the maps, as well as the size of the latter.
4th Thursday of November. This year, it's the 26th.

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe (?) --> Minnesota_Nationalist (?) --> islander (?) -->ToixStory

Possible lineup for the next round. I kinda already made a map for it, so whenever people are ready to start I can share mine. :eek:

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe (?) --> Minnesota_Nationalist (?) --> islander (?) -->ToixStory

Possible lineup for the next round. I kinda already made a map for it, so whenever people are ready to start I can share mine. :eek:

Sounds good by me