1985 year of the Heroine

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by THeaven, Feb 8, 2019.

?

Tayna Roberts had to leave Sheena because of View to a kill who replaced her?

1. Melanie Griffith

2. Sharon Stone

3. Bridgette Neilson (means she can't do Red Sonja)

4. Other Actress please comment

5. Cybill Danning

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. THeaven I am the Watcher

I get your Idea but I'm keeping Sam Rami because his future projects show he can do Fantasy and Strong women however because of her involvement with Supergirl Mia Farrow is not brought on as writer of Red Sonja but Comic book writers Gerry Conway &Roy Thomas who created Sonja and wrote the fantasy film Fire & Ice were also brought on

unclepatrick likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: In the Comics

THeaven I am the Watcher

[​IMG]
    with a Supergirl movie being made at the same time as DC comics streamlining their universe with Crisis on Infinite Earths the choice of killing off Supergirl was vetoed Marv Wolfman and George Perez would switch Powergirl from Earth-2 and would later kill Donna troy to Set up Georges reboot of Wonder Woman post Crisis

unclepatrick likes this.
  3. THeaven I am the Watcher

1886_v9_ba.jpg With delays in recasting of Columbia pictures Sheena lead actress their lead actor Ted Wass lost interest and walked away from the project as his agent had other projects in the following year

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. Mr_ Bondoc Member

Something to play with, what if Olympic gymnast Mary Lou Retton, fresh from winning Olympic gold in Los Angeles, and considered "America's Sweetheart" is named as Linda Lee's best friend, Andrea Jones...??

5. THeaven I am the Watcher

I think adding Comet is a bit to far however she might be a good Lucy Lane

Mr_ Bondoc likes this.
  6. Mr_ Bondoc Member

Strangely enough, one person who could work on the Red Sonja script, who worked on Conan the Barbarian and is riding the high from Scarface is Oliver Stone. He is getting ready to fiilm his Vietnam War flick Platoon,...

I can go with "Lucy Lane". Another twist, have singer Irene Cara (Fame, Flashdance, D.C. Cab) has made quite a few hit theme songs.. What if she writes the Supergirl theme song "Defying Gravity"?

7. THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190219_210302.jpg Mark McClure, Brooke Shields, and Mary lou Retton as Jimmy Olsen (reprise), Linda Lee (Supergirl) and Lucy Lane. Between takes
    PSX_20190220_111918.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Mr_ Bondoc likes this.
  8. THeaven I am the Watcher

Considering I'm retreading an early drafts of Superman III for Supergirl I have decided the David & Leslie Newman have joined David Odell as the writers of Supergirl

unclepatrick likes this.
  9. Brady Kj Well-Known Member

You want to kill both Power Girl and Wonder Girl? Isn't that contrary to the point of the thread? Letting one die I understand, but not both. Also, could they introduce a new Power Girl to the DC universe before the 80s are over?

10. THeaven I am the Watcher

My reason for killing them was because their origins got really convoluted post Crisis and I was toying with the idea of having Supergirl replace Donna Troy in Teen titans but now I'm considering giving the Titans their own Trinity

unclepatrick likes this.
  11. Brady Kj Well-Known Member

A new Titans Trinity isn't too bad an idea, and it's not hard to prevent Donna Troy's story from being convoluted. Just have her still be Wonder Woman's little sister.

12. THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190215_203138.jpg

unclepatrick likes this.
  13. unclepatrick Well-Known Member

For those who have never suffered through the OTL version of Red Sonja, check out the Nostalgia Critic review of the Movie

14. THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190303_172817.jpg
    Teaser image for Supergirl

15. THeaven I am the Watcher

Production

unclepatrick likes this.
  16. THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190216_185100.jpg
    Arnold Schwarzenegger production photo reveals his return as Conan after the copyright issue has been resolved

17. KeeCoyote Well-Known Member

That the way it should've been. Conan guest stared in Red Sonja and she did in his comic many times.

18. KeeCoyote Well-Known Member

Or just have them star in movies as Conan and Red Sonja in.....Insert title here....

19. THeaven I am the Watcher

Bridgette Neilson testing one of Danilo Donati's costumes for Red Sonja
    PSX_20190309_150848.jpg

20. Threadmarks: In the comics

THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190311_141838.jpg
    The 1985 issue where Supergirl joined the Teen titans to step out of her cousin's shadow