1983: San Francisco 49ers knock off Redskins in NFC Championship Game & the aftermath

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by 49ersFootball, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Would you like to see this TL have major ramifications in the NFL ?

1. A.) YES

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. B.) NO

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. C.) Wait & see approach

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Colonel Zoidberg Well-Known Member

Wait a tick - was the entire Raiders roster out to lunch and replaced with cardboard cutouts? This is a team that curb-stomped a heavily favored Redskins team; how the shit do they get utterly annihilated by anyone? I know this is a massive 49ers-wank, but the game reads like a good idea gone way off the rails.

AltSptHst likes this.
  2. 49ersFootball Well-Known Member

The 1984 Season coming up will define everyone involved later on, so stay tuned...

3. Unknown Member

I must admit, I was surprised, too, @Colonel Zoidberg...

I simmed it with similar conditions (about 70 at kickoff time; winds up to 30 miles per hour--the game time winds were gusting up to 25) and the 49ers won 5 times and the Raiders won 5 times; they were evenly matched, IMO, and it would have been one of the Super Bowls that lived up to the hype, IMHO (not ITTL, though)...

4. 49ersFootball Well-Known Member

Like I said before, the 1984 Season coming up will be interesting & intriguing. I also noted at the beginning of this TL that the NFC would dominate Super Bowls beyond...

5. 49ersFootball Well-Known Member

Walsh
    7:52 AM PST, February 12th, 1984
    Santa Clara, CA.

1981 Super Bowl (XI).jpg

San Francisco 49ers Football Coach Bill Walsh was holding a press conference following the 49ers' blowout victory a few weeks ago in the 1983 Super Bowl in Tampa, he was asked what can the team expect for the upcoming 1984 Season & how will the 49ers change up their offensive & defensive strategies with teams plotting to dethrone them. Walsh thought to himself, "I've got 2 Lombardi Trophies & I'm NOT going to let anyone stop us from making something special here in San Francisco. We can make history by pushing for a repeat, something the 49ers fans haven't seen our team do, but with the right strategy in the upcoming 1984 NFL Draft, free agency, offensive & defensive outlook battle plans, we will be coming back to the big stage in the 1984 Season!"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 3:33 PM
    Calcaterra likes this.