1983: Doomsday - What are your opinions on this fictional world after a nuclear exchange in 1983?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for me, @Gillan1220 with the Philippine capital, Manila was safe from nuclear destruction. Then, I will be exist as someone else who am I belongs to my OTL family.

One of the rules in the butterfly effect of AH is that even if you'r parents were to meet as OTL regardless, it is unlikely the same sperm that created you (or me) in OTL would be the same for this ATL. No that there is 13 year difference between when I was born in OTL and the POD of this ATL. Lots of things will happen both large and small (often unrecognizable). That's just how butterflies work.

Have we forgotten Uruguay randomly joining Argentina for no reason just a year after Doomsday? Also, Argentina was in the critical transition from the dictatorship: here all goes smoothly as if nothing happened. I like my Argentina wanks as much as anyone (and it also makes sense it would become an important country post-nuclear war) but come on.

But the worst thing about it is the flag:

latest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY EYES HURT

There are also some weird things, like Greek refugees outright colonizing Libya and Egypt, and British refugees doing the same with South Africa. Unfortunate implications all around. And the random little monarchies that emerge in survivor states everywhere, particulary in the USA that has no history of monarchies at all. Some African nations collapse out of nothing. The USA just... dissolves itself. And so on.

I'm also very doubtful that the world (as in climate and ecology) would recover so easily. The nuclear winter has been questioned, but I'm convinced at least some years without summer will happen.

Don't get me wrong, I liked reading 1983 Doomsday a lot. But it's not realistic by any means.
I'm in your same position, just look how wankly and wrongfully were written articles like Sicily, Greece, New Britian, German South West Africa and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.