1848 Democratic Germany-France relationship

Let's say in 1848 Germany unites on a mostly democratic basis BUT without Austria.
Yes I know it's completely out of character for the Prussian king to accept the German crown but boom let's just say he developed a different personality and was up for the task.

Also let's assume Austria has more troubles with its own revolutions and is unable to intervene to stop German unification, and Russia is either unwilling or the Tsar idk gets throat cancer and is unable to act.
And now we have some shape of a democratic smaller Germany in 1848. The exact POD of its creation isn't that important.

What I'm interested in is how would its relationship with France differ from France's relationship to a militaristic autocratic Wilhelmine Germany.
Sure France would initially probably not be too happy about any power suddenly forming on it's eastern border. But over time they'd get over it, OTL reconciliation was prevented by France's desire for revenge of it's humiliating defeat and restoration of it's territory (Alsace-Lorraine).
If we avoid these events, is it possible that the 2 nations eventually grow friendly and potentially even into allies?

You can explore the effects of an earlier unification of a democratic Germany on the rest of Europe, but I'm primarily interested in the Franco-German relationship as the 2 could now be ideological allies. Bonus points if we get a liberal Italy joining this in/formal alliance

What I'm interested in is how would its relationship with France differ from France's relationship to a militaristic autocratic Wilhelmine Germany.
As long Nappy III cop Out the revolution, Nappy III own delusions will make him do something stupid, regardless who rule germany(imperial,communist,nazi, robots), the rest, dunno, there not fake myth of revanche unless france start a war...so france just shrug off knowing his new neighboor can beat him 1-on-1

As long Nappy III cop Out the revolution, Nappy III own delusions will make him do something stupid, regardless who rule germany(imperial,communist,nazi, robots), the rest, dunno, there not fake myth of revanche unless france start a war...so france just shrug off knowing his new neighboor can beat him 1-on-1
What are the chances that France gets a republic in 1848 then?

What are the chances that France gets a republic in 1848 then?
Again depend what is france main policy, nappy iii delusion of the rhein didn't come from nowhere. if France admit there nothing for them outside the meuse and leave germany alone, neither would care the other.