1715 Jacobite Uprising (2023 Thread)

Something I can't believe I didn't think of until just now -- but the Willemite War in Ireland, and the subsequent defeat of the Jacobites, played a pretty major role in laying the groundwork for how Britain would govern Ireland in the centuries to come (especially with the escalation of the Penal Laws, etc). Obviously, the "restoration" the claimant who caused these problems in the first place is going to, at the very least, put a pause on these developments; but I also can't help but wonder if we can infer any longer term effects on Isle of Ireland from there?

my favourite (Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick) is out of the running. And Joseph I's wife's nieces are all Catholic
Wilhelmine Charlotte of Hesse-Cassel sounds like the way of mending things with House of Orange, sadly little is known about her and IOTL she died young.

Other than that, literally everyone that is someone is taken. Betrothal to Ulrika Eleonora of Sweden to get more explicit Swedish support is like 9 months earlier than suggested PoD, though plausible given Charles XII ideas re. Jacobite restoration. But Ulrika is pretty much a Protestant Catherine of Braganza re. her obstetric anamnesis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Maria_of_Brandenburg-Schwedt is literally the only other alternative but Frederick William of Prussia would never let this match happen.

Wilhelmine Charlotte of Hesse-Cassel sounds like the way of mending things with House of Orange, sadly little is known about her and IOTL she died young...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Maria_of_Brandenburg-Schwedt is literally the only other alternative but Frederick William of Prussia would never let this match happen.
Both of these sound like they'd do more to mend fences with North German Protestants than with, say, the Dutch Republic; that said, they would successfully do the bare minimum needed for James to assure English subjects of any new-found protestantism he purports to follow.

VVD0D95

Banned
Both of these sound like they'd do more to mend fences with North German Protestants than with, say, the Dutch Republic; that said, they would successfully do the bare minimum needed for James to assure English subjects of any new-found protestantism he purports to follow.
Tbf he doesn’t even need to be saying he follows Protestantism. He just needs to have a Protestant wife and maybe just maybe agree for his kids ri be raised orit

The 1st one is younger sister of then-incumbent Princess of Orange.
The 2nd (disregarding Swedish match as unrealistic 9 months pre-suggested PoD) is Prussian proxy, but the uncle of princess aka the one who would be deciding on the match would likely veto this because of competing (Hanover) claim and all this. Unless this is made precisely to bury the war hatchet.

The 1st one is younger sister of then-incumbent Princess of Orange.
Wait, did you mean Isabella Charlotte? John William Friso had four younger sisters, none f whom were named “Wilhemite. (You didn’t mean Anna Charlotte did you? She’s like five as of the Pod.)

I've explained before, yes it's possible, but less due to the coronation riots being the majority sentiment in England (as opposed to being a significant minority of Jacobite supporters who have local pockets of support) and more due to the Hanoverian government will ill-prepared for an internal threat such that the troops locations and mobilization efforts were done in such a way Agylle was the only significant force able to stop the Jacobites from reaching London. In the case of a coup attempt, what can matte more than absolute troop strength at times is "how fast can you get guys into key places." Much later in 1745, mobilization wouldn't be so sluggish and if the Jacobites won at culloden, there would have been another army to face that outnumbered them. And then if they beat that, another. In 1715, most government troops mobilized slowly, or were placed on garrison duty without further orders, or were under Marlborough who was uncharacteristically sluggish.

Edit: Oh now I see why I couldn't find your post, you placed it here instead of reply to me