Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
(yes, i used MS Paint...:D)

United States in 2026: The "War on Terror" ended in January 2013, following the Presidential Inaguration. The country was extremely broke and entered a period of isolationsim, which eventually allowed it to be passed by China as a "Super Power." By 2025, the economy is back on the rise after 8 years of national depression.

There are now 55 states in the Union, with 6 established and 1 successeding (sp?):
State Name,Capital,Year that it entered Statehood, other.
1. Houston, Huston, 2015, due to the President's decision to split the state or liberate it.
2. Austin, Austin, 2015, see above.
3. Guadalupe, San Antonio, 2015, see above.
4. Baja Arizona, Tuscon, 2019
5. Columbia, District of Columbia (D.C.), 2008, established in the final years of the George W. Bush Administration
6. Jefferson, Redding, 2014, established by popular demand of the people of Northern California and Southern Oregon.

Also, notice that the movement to establish the Second Vermont Republic did succeed, but the state just ended up joining Canada in the end.

Why does the United States control Manitoulin Island? You have it colored in as being part of Michigan.

Ok, slightlly revised.

Byzantwank2.png

Convinced that Germany will continue to pose a threat as long as it is an industrial power, the Allies implement an extreme version of the Morgenthau, Bakker-Schut, and Monnet Plans. It quickly becomes apparant that a horrible mistake has been made. Stripped of its industry, Germany speedily slides into utter economic catastrophe. Worse still, the (comparatively) better off East Germany makes communism much more palatable to the citizens of impoverished South Germany and the International Zone. All doubts are dispelled after a swift communist victory in Greece. As Europe polarizes into two camps once more, America reverses its German policy, combining the now destitute German and Austrian occupation zones into one state, which is finally infused with a Marshall-plan style of investment. Still, the memories of just of few years earlier will die hard. What is in store for Europe?

Difcldwr.png

Just wondering, how do you guys post such large maps? I tried to post one of mine thats the same size or so it appears, and it says that the map is too big.

Looks too much like OTL for a POD that far back.:confused:

Actually, it's quite different.

Note the independent Hungary, the France up to the Rhineland, England owning OTL's Belgium region, the fact that Vilnius is the capital of "Russia" (Lithuanian Empire. Although to be fair you probably couldn't tell that from the map), the Ottomans aren't Ottomans (different Turkish dynasty. Germiyanids), Lombardy being owned by Milan, Spain still being divided by 1850, France has all German territories up to the Rhine...

I could go on and on. I have a whole TL on it. (See sig)

Actually, it's quite different.

Note the independent Hungary, the France up to the Rhineland, England owning OTL's Belgium region, the fact that Vilnius is the capital of "Russia" (Lithuanian Empire. Although to be fair you probably couldn't tell that from the map), the Ottomans aren't Ottomans (different Turkish dynasty. Germiyanids), Lombardy being owned by Milan, Spain still being divided by 1850, France has all German territories up to the Rhine...

I could go on and on. I have a whole TL on it. (See sig)

South America looks exactly the same.

South America looks exactly the same.

I attributed the OTL division of South America more to geography than anything else. Since goegraphy has not changed ITTL, I figured that the political divisions would remain the same as well. (The only exception to this being Brazil, but since in my TL the Portuguese still discover Brazil first, I figured it too would be divided in much the same way)

But if you have any cool ideas, let me know.

Thande

Donor
Just wondering, how do you guys post such large maps? I tried to post one of mine thats the same size or so it appears, and it says that the map is too big.

When you save it, save it as a .GIF, .PNG or .JPG file rather than a .BMP. They're all much smaller and will fit on here easily.

My first Map

More an attempt at drawing than anything accurate, but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts. And yes, I know I mispelt 'Orient' and it's killing me...

NorthernHemisphereMap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.