Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the final version of the Verusa map from a few pages ago. Here is the description...

It is currently 410 C.E., just a little over four centuries since the Blue Emperor united the major powers on the Verusan Peninsula. He was allegedly the ruler of the Kingdom of Avaranos (The entire western coast of Verusa, based on Taranis), and fought in several wars to unite the entire peninsula. He most notably fought against the Kingdom of Varisso, on the opposite side of the Breton Mountains. In 2 B.C.E., the Battle of the Blue Crossing led to the death of the King of Varisso, and as a result, most of the central parts of the peninsula fell to the Blue Emperor. Varisso surrendered shortly afterwards. To celebrate his victory and to unite his people, he established the capital city of Concordia in 0 C.E., declaring the Verusan Empire and ruling for 26 years. As it was stipulated in his will, his Chancellor, Michael Taman, became the first President of the Republic of Verusa. His lack of children, wife, or any heirs (His family was killed in 10 B.C.E.) and his dedication to the creation of a republic led to the dissolution of his empire.

The original Republic of Verusa controlled everything south of Dorthellon and Larien, but between 125 and 150 C.E., the Republic made gains on the mainland of the continent, seizing the independent Kingdom of Andon, and the adjacent Acamas Province belonging to the Federal Republic of Aiona. Now, in 410 C.E., tensions are high along the border of Aiona (The river border) and Valine (The border that looks like a straight line). The current administration is currently very corrupt and ignores the needs of the people in exchange for enlarged coffers from overseas influences. The country is on the brink of war, both to the north, and with its own people.

Map%20of%20Verusa%20Topographical.png

Last edited:
So that's supposed to be a diehard settler state? (I wonder how that isolated little bit to the NW works).

Bruce

Indeed it is. The isolated bit receives supply by air although there's been a lot of talk about abandoning it.

I like. They won out in the internecine war against the Judean People's State and the People's State of Judea, then? :p In all seriousness, I'm interested to see this is a (admittedly proposed) real place!

:p. It is a bit sad that this is a proposed thing though.

It's sort of an Abkhazia or Transnistria analogue. After moderate, reasonable governments in Israel and the PA negotiated an Israeli withdrawal from the WB and a genuine peaceful compromise diehard settlers attempted to stay behind and form their own state. Violence between Palestinians and Israeli stay-behinds spiraled, and pretty soon you had people on both sides committing massacres. The moderate government in Israel fell and was replaced by hardline nationalists who sent troops into the West Bank to protect the Judeans. The UN negotiated a ceasefire and since then the lines have remained frozen, with IDF forces stationed in the State of Judea. Later other nationalists (including a large evangelical Christian minority) immigrated to Judea, bringing the population up from an initial 20,000 to over 100,000. The persisting frozen conflict has kept both Israel and Palestine radicalized with regular violent incidents (rocket attacks, airstrikes, crises similar to the situation with Gaza) and prevented any sort of final resolution.

The State of Judea is recognized by only four internationally recognized states; Israel, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Nauru, and one partially recognized state, Nagorno-Karabakh. Most Judean citizens hold Israeli citizenship, and Judea uses the Israeli shekel as its official currency.

The Islamic State... Are they who I think they are?

They are precisely who you think they are.

Very nice map, it looks a bit like southern Alaska.

Thanks. Yeah, I base some parts of this world off of RL geography, but I've tried to make it a little different. Picture this area being environmentally similar to the Pacific Northwest or parts of New York and New England.

Aestethics-wise, I like the way you depicted the geography of your fictional world a lot.

Thanks. Yeah, I've worked a lot on trying to make realistic geographic features for this world. A big pet-peeve of mine with fantasy are unrealistic/ugly continents (Like continents shaped like spirals or animals, etc...), so I've tried to make nice looking ones that are a little more realistic.

Dirk

Banned
Here is the final version of the Verusa map from a few pages ago. Here is the description...

Excellent map! It's a bit weird to see a federal republic in what looks to be a late Roman-ish time period, but whatever. The only gripe I have is...two major cities named Southport? :p

Excellent map! It's a bit weird to see a federal republic in what looks to be a late Roman-ish time period, but whatever. The only gripe I have is...two major cities named Southport? :p

Thanks. This takes place in the modern day by the way. Picture it being like a fantasy world, but with modern technology and ideas.

And that was a typo. I'll fix it. :eek:

I had an idea for a map of Westeros in a steampunk AU of the A Song of Ice and Fire universe a while back, and decided to go ahead and do it because I am dumb and have lots of time on my hands. Just a note, I pretty much gunned down butterflies en masse here, but I feel it would have been boring otherwise so Rule of Fun applies here.
Not to be pushy, but does anyone else have something to say about my map? :eek:

Map I did for the map/TL of the month thingy, possibly too late: do I understand there is a week's grace proposed? Baconheimer is working on the TL.

Doodling.png

Status
Not open for further replies.