Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Kenzania

3rgXNgM.png

John Okello attains his original goal of uniting Zanzibar with Kenya instead of with Tanganyika. The new flag is a union of the Kenyan black-red-green and the Zanzibarese black-yellow-blue. The two emblems on the shield are that of KANU and the Afro-Shirazi Party.

The union of Norway and Scotland.

Because sometime the best remedy to constant viking raids is to marry the heir apparent to the royal princess.

scotland-norway2.png

Last edited:
First time I ever took a flag challenge!

Here's my entry: a Japanese-Korean union, and yes I know there is another flag that has the same concept but it looked uncreative.
Japan-Korea_resized.png

BTW, I'm all for Korea and Japan to be friends forever.

Edit: Resized the flag to meet the max 300 px high rule (and I didn't know about that until I was PMed about it)

Japan-Korea_resized.png

Last edited:
FAROE-SHETLAND DUAL REPUBLIC

The exit of Scotland from the United Kingdom and the subsequent division of England and Wales into 3 autonomous but federated states proved to be a catalyst that sent a gigantic ripple through the nations of the European Union and beyond. Independence or autonomy burst forth within Germany, Italy, France and other nations.

But Scotland was not finished with the independence effect – Shetland became independent a mere 7 years after Scottish independence. The Faroe Isles had enjoyed a high degree of autonomy for many years and declared itself completely independent from Denmark 2 years before the Shetland separation. After a decade of independence, these two nations (iboth with a Norse heritage) came together to form the Faroe-Shetland Dual Republic; neither giving up their separate identity.

The flag of the Dual Republic used elements of the existing flags (shown below) of the Faroes and Shetland.

os672s.jpg

2mf15e0.jpg

While the Dual Republic prospered, there was talk of it becoming a Triple Republic by the admission of the Orkney Isles, which had recently separated from Scotland.

FLAG OF THE DUAL REPUBLIC:

2cgfqbs.jpg

oh sorry I had no idea that was a rule. Not sure why it would need to be, honestly. In any case here's a shrunken version of my entry.

JammxCo.png

Edit: Also if you can't edit the first post why not just close this thread and start a second one with the new rules?

oh sorry I had no idea that was a rule. Not sure why it would need to be, honestly. In any case here's a shrunken version of my entry.

Edit: Also if you can't edit the first post why not just close this thread and start a second one with the new rules?

I don't blame you. It's more of a guide line to stop people posting incredibly huge images. You won't be disqualified for breaching it.

Can a moderator edit it?

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to migrate the rules list to the wiki when I have time.

First time I ever took a flag challenge!

Here's my entry: a Japanese-Korean union, and yes I know there is another flag that has the same concept but it looked uncreative.
View attachment 234396

BTW, I'm all for Korea and Japan to be friends forever.

Edit: Resized the flag to meet the max 300 px high rule (and I didn't know about that until I was PMed about it)

I'm working on a project that needs a united Korea-Japan flag. May I use your flag as a reference? Also may I ask where other Korean-Japanese flags that have already been made be found?

minly because at one point you ended up with tiny flags and flags that couldn't be seen without scrolling on the average monitor. Made them hard to compare easily which is something you want in a contest.

Yeah, we had contests where one entry would be 150px high, and the next would be 600, which in particular made viewing the voting thread difficult.

minly because at one point you ended up with tiny flags and flags that couldn't be seen without scrolling on the average monitor. Made them hard to compare easily which is something you want in a contest.

Yeah, we had contests where one entry would be 150px high, and the next would be 600, which in particular made viewing the voting thread difficult.

Indeed.
I think I had a mini-rant about it which is where the guideline came from.

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to migrate the rules list to the wiki when I have time.
Or we can badger Petike to do it like usual :D:D

(sorry P!)