Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome map!

Why does the country bordering Italy have the Dominican flag though? :confused:
It looks to be a Yugoslavia analogue. The three colours of the Slavic people are Red, White, and Blue. In order not to clash with the other countries who have tricolours with those- France, Netherlands, Slovakia, maybe Russia and a few others- they came up with something new.

At least, that's how it looks.

Mathuen

Banned

30. A Nazi expedition to Tibet got lost in the chaos of Ragnarok, and decided to take over. Having converted to a strange sort of Buddhism they formulated themselves, the Tibetan Nazis preach that peace and tolerance is the sign of a true Aryan.

That... turned out better than expected.

30. A Nazi expedition to Tibet got lost in the chaos of Ragnarok, and decided to take over. Having converted to a strange sort of Buddhism they formulated themselves, the Tibetan Nazis preach that peace and tolerance is the sign of a true Aryan.

Yeah, it's like, one of the few things on this map that isn't depressing and/or horrifying.

Thanks. Go ahead and add some stuff. I'd love to see what you do with it. :)
I will do that when I have some spare time :)
I think it is the one of the Quebec patriot, I'm I right ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Canada_Rebellion

What did I won ? :p
In one way you right, in another you aren't. The flag is identical with the one of the Quebec Patriots, but I had no idea about that ;) I used the colours of Little/German Lithuania for all of the county.

Very nice, Pischinovski. Now let's see the rest of Eurasia... :)

Well done, rvbomally. Commented already over in one-shots.

Bruce
Working on a worlda :)

Awesome map!

Thank you and Lascupa is right about the flag.
It looks to be a Yugoslavia analogue. The three colours of the Slavic people are Red, White, and Blue. In order not to clash with the other countries who have tricolours with those- France, Netherlands, Slovakia, maybe Russia and a few others- they came up with something new.

Correct! :)
Seeing Poland or other Eastern European countries on a separate map would be interesting

I am working on a worlda right now. Maybe I get around to do a Poland/Baltics map :)

I expect they had to first crush some of the more feudalistic theocrats to make it work.

Awesome map!

I came up with something similar but more "Serbian" in flavour

Drabble map from a TL where North Korea won the Korean war (the fact that in this TL the south attacked first kinda scuppered US efforts to drum up support for intervention) and where the Soviet-Chinese atomic war in the 70s, by depopulating much of North China, opened up further opportunities for expansion.

Cool. Scary, but cool.

Also, I thought Seoul was further south than that.

Oh, and also :cool: for your last two maps, apart from the devilry of Hibernowank :)mad:), with an Irish Wales - Celtic speakers don't work that way.

I decided to redo the states to be more *realistic. I read about the state equality thing in a book. I probably over did the equality thing but...
TL22 mk2 with state equality.png

TL22 mk2 with state equality.png

I decided to redo the states to be more *realistic. I read about the state equality thing in a book. I probably over did the equality thing but...

This makes me really happy. Few things, though.

The South doesn't. I'm guessing the Civil War was way... WAY worse than OTL and the Most Radical of Radicals got their way with the redrawing of states?

I'm gonna guess that we went All Mexico as per OTL, so alt-Arizona's southern border would be the Gila river.

Some of the state divisions don't make sense, too. If Missouri is going to be that tall, it will buy the top left corner land it has OTL, since there's a river there.

Alt-Idaho seems unnecessary and too small to have any state-worthy population. Alt-Washington's northern border is anachronistic, too, so combine a few of 'em up there.

I like the idea behind the new Mexican-region states; wonder if they'd hold up to scrutiny...

Good to see that DC keeps its square. Never should have returned it.

And your California-Colorado split is great. Love seeing an OTL plan get realized.

View attachment 233055

Well, okay. a few of the states do look more realistic. However, though, I'd like to suggest some improvements.

1.) TBH, that little fiddly bit of Kansas sticking out as it is, is definitely not realistic. I would suggest reverting to the OTL border(which was partly based on the Missouri River), or at least make Kansas totally square while giving that one part back to Missouri, if you still want to be a little divergent.

2.)*Idaho would probably look a little better with all of it's northern border east of the Columbia at the 46th; that state in the OTL *Panhandle might look better with everything east of the Columbia Bend(in OTL eastern Wash.)

3.)*Wisconsin could definitely use a border change up north, as Michigan looks a tad wonky with part of its border sticking out into *Door County. May I suggest giving that area back to *Wisconsin? Also, Illinois looks better with at least Chicago back, if not *Winnetka and *Rockford as well.

4.)Why did Illinois get the Kentucky Bend? TBH, It'd probably look better for Kentucky to get that back, and possibly more plausible as well.

5.)IMHO, *West Virginia would look much, much nicer if you reverted it back to something more similar to OTL(the line is fine, though). It would be more plausible as well. I'd think that restoring Virginia's southern borders would make sense as well.

6.)I'm honestly not sure if southern *Utah would work as it's own state: one idea would be to just merge the two states and give Wyoming the northeast corner, as in OTL.

7.)I'd think that (East?) Texas and neighboring states would all look a little better if that western bend was centered on the 32nd parallel(instead of what appears to be between 31* and 32* North). Also, everything west of the Pecos(south of 32* North, that is, and following the Rio Grande) might be better off as its own state, IMO.

8.)That state in *Central Montana might be able to be split in two, eventually, if you choose to do so.

9.)Would *Oklahoma still have a panhandle of it's own with no Texas Panhandle? I'm not so sure, TBH.

10.)Might not hurt to merge Puerto Rico with the Virgin Islands, IMO.

Well, that's pretty much it for now. Hope this helps you some. :cool:;)

map of the world of "a Valkyrie Rises over Europe" circa. 1954 after the Free French withdrawal from Indochina and the formal signing of the Vietnamese-American Accord of Mutual Friendship between Ho Chi Minh and his Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the United States of America

NaziVictoryMap.png

This makes me really happy. Few things, though.

The South doesn't. I'm guessing the Civil War was way... WAY worse than OTL and the Most Radical of Radicals got their way with the redrawing of states?

I'm gonna guess that we went All Mexico as per OTL, so alt-Arizona's southern border would be the Gila river.

Some of the state divisions don't make sense, too. If Missouri is going to be that tall, it will buy the top left corner land it has OTL, since there's a river there.

Alt-Idaho seems unnecessary and too small to have any state-worthy population. Alt-Washington's northern border is anachronistic, too, so combine a few of 'em up there.

I like the idea behind the new Mexican-region states; wonder if they'd hold up to scrutiny...

Good to see that DC keeps its square. Never should have returned it.

And your California-Colorado split is great. Love seeing an OTL plan get realized.
1. Ya. I'm gonna fix that. It didnt really turn out as I planned.
2. Yup, annexed the whole thing. I'll see how that works.
3. I'll probably change that.
4. Population is a problem, I'm going to change that.
5. I had no idea how to chop them up.
6. Yeah what were they thinking?
7. TBH I didnt want to chop up Cali but it had to happen.:eek:
Well, okay. a few of the states do look more realistic. However, though, I'd like to suggest some improvements.

1.) TBH, that little fiddly bit of Kansas sticking out as it is, is definitely not realistic. I would suggest reverting to the OTL border(which was partly based on the Missouri River), or at least make Kansas totally square while giving that one part back to Missouri, if you still want to be a little divergent.

2.)*Idaho would probably look a little better with all of it's northern border east of the Columbia at the 46th; that state in the OTL *Panhandle might look better with everything east of the Columbia Bend(in OTL eastern Wash.)

3.)*Wisconsin could definitely use a border change up north, as Michigan looks a tad wonky with part of its border sticking out into *Door County. May I suggest giving that area back to *Wisconsin? Also, Illinois looks better with at least Chicago back, if not *Winnetka and *Rockford as well.

4.)Why did Illinois get the Kentucky Bend? TBH, It'd probably look better for Kentucky to get that back, and possibly more plausible as well.

5.)IMHO, *West Virginia would look much, much nicer if you reverted it back to something more similar to OTL(the line is fine, though). It would be more plausible as well. I'd think that restoring Virginia's southern borders would make sense as well.

6.)I'm honestly not sure if southern *Utah would work as it's own state: one idea would be to just merge the two states and give Wyoming the northeast corner, as in OTL.

7.)I'd think that (East?) Texas and neighboring states would all look a little better if that western bend was centered on the 32nd parallel(instead of what appears to be between 31* and 32* North). Also, everything west of the Pecos(south of 32* North, that is, and following the Rio Grande) might be better off as its own state, IMO.

8.)That state in *Central Montana might be able to be split in two, eventually, if you choose to do so.

9.)Would *Oklahoma still have a panhandle of it's own with no Texas Panhandle? I'm not so sure, TBH.

10.)Might not hurt to merge Puerto Rico with the Virgin Islands, IMO.

Well, that's pretty much it for now. Hope this helps you some. :cool:;)
1. I'll fix it.
2. Dont quite understand that.
3. I'll include Chicago to Illinois.
4. Got bored, so thought i'd see what you guys thought.
5. Fixing the south will be in my next map. But I'll keep West Virgina the same.
6. Dunno bout that, i'll think of something.
7. Again dont quite under stand the degrees thing without a reference.
8. which one.
9. No mans land would be extended to the Rio Grande, passing above *West Texas.
10. eh

7. TBH I didn’t want to chop up Cali but it had to happen.:eek:

It absolutely had to happen, yep. California barely got in as big as it is OTL. Virtually your exact split was proposed OTL (though without Baja) as a California in the north and a Colorado in the south. That’s guaranteed to happen here. It’s just too big otherwise.

I’ll try to find the map. I never will; I posted it here somewhere before…

I'd say Iowa's northern and southern borders being lowered would deal with that.

map of the world of "a Valkyrie Rises over Europe" circa. 1954 after the Free French withdrawal from Indochina and the formal signing of the Vietnamese-American Accord of Mutual Friendship between Ho Chi Minh and his Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the United States of America
Which color is the Viet Cong?

Status
Not open for further replies.