Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Russian wouldn't have their child's name suffixed with "Jr." That's mostly an Anglo (particularly American) thing.

Indeed; since the Russians use patronymics, they normally just add those in to differentiate when a father and his child are named the same thing. So the Bush Sr analogue would be called Valentin [father's name]ovich Pavlov, and the Bush Jr analogue would be Valentin Valentinovich Pavlov.

Ugh, I forget sometimes, ugh.... :eek:

Here's a fixed version.

basically Gorbachev is a Henry Kissinger type, he is a loyal ally and someone everyone will go to for foreign policy advice and such, or trust as a Secretary of State, but someone who no one would want President. :p

GER flag.png

Last edited:
I've mentioned the Minutemen a few times, but never really explained them. They originally began as a paramilitary gendarmerie force in the lead up to the Third World War. Over time, they became used primarily for security on the frontier, morphing into the de facto U.S. armed forces in the Outer System. The Coast Guard was folded into them in the 2080s (while the Coast Guard remains a coast guard in the Inner System, in the outer system, it's become a Navy). The Minutemen use mostly lighter, less advanced equipment. While the U.S. Army is equipped with the latest powered armor, railguns, combat mechs and heavy tanks, the Minutemen are largely equipped with nothing more than camoflague fatigues, future!Kevlar vests, assault rifles and IFVs (however they do have some heavier, more advanced units). Their Air Service is largely fighter-bombers, close-air support attack planes, strategic bombers, helicopters and transports. The Minutemen are nuclear armed, though most of it is concentrated on Ganymede as a deterence to Deskarva and Rhea as a weapon against the jotunns. The Minutemen have become extremely powerful in the outer system, though they've often been accused of war crimes (particularly during the Ionian mutiny).

D8yhSPM.png
9HJLkqI.png

The POD is that Julia Gillard's family never emigrates to Australia and this happens. Basically she's in a coalition with Nick Clegg formed after the 2010 election. I'm not sure if it's possible at all to get rid of a sitting Labour leader like in the ALP.

Gillard.png

I don't know if it's general practice, but the leader is elected every year, so all you'd need is for the conference to vote down the present leader.

Here's a relatively simple infobox of an extremely complicated set-up. PoD is Craxi never becomes secretary of the PSI, but the more important change is that Aldo Moro is never kidnapped. Come election day in 1979, this makes a rather interesting result...

snip

[/ATTACH]

Do you plan to make infoboxes on subsequent elections? Because that's a series I'd eagerly follow! :D

Vexacus

Banned
Here's InfoBox I from my original series of InfoBoxes. I have edited a few parts of it so I felt it was worthy of a re-post, as is the rest of the series:

Canadian Federal Election, 1984
The election of 1984 was one of the most boring in history, even by Canadian standards. Clark, while perceived by many to be a lightweight, had a united party and his deputy Mulroney continuing a successful "Quebec Strategy". John Turner on the other hand had beaten the Trudeauite protege Jean Chretien by a thread and had a caucus which he couldn't control. With the outcome of the election obvious the media had little to do but report rumours on a Chretien plot to depose Turner, undermining him further. In the the Liberals gained a few seats in the west but this was offset by PC gains in Quebec.

Canada1984_zps58b3601b.png~original

US Presidential Election, 1984
Similarly, Kennedy had little doubts about his re-election. With a strong economic recovery and popular domestic reforms he was in the lead for almost the entire four-year term. As a result many Republican heavyweights sat the election out and congressman Phil Crane wins the Primaries in an upset. He was encouraged to run by Ronald Reagan who surprised everyone by declining to run (as it later turned out he believed was in the early stages of Altzeimer's). Many of Crane's attacks on Kennedy's divisive liberal Foreign policy came across the wrong way, leading to accusations of supporting the Apartheid Regime of South Africa. While a good campaigner, it was clear that most voters quite liked Kennedy's radical reforms and didn't want Crane's. However as Kennedy's lead narrowed (due to the topic of his dodgy private life emerging again) there were some worries that voter apathy might cause an upset in the Electoral College. On election day, Ted Kennedy won by a landslide, sweeping the midwest. Phil Crane was seen as an extremely bad loser,with his running mate and fellow Reaganite Paul Laxalt having to make the concession speech.

USA1984_zps0b8cfd2e.png~original

UK General Election, 1985
Whitelaw's Tories were secure, mainly due to Roy Hattersley's slow modernization of his party. While a one-nation Tory at heart many of Foreign Secretary Margaret Thatcher's Allies made it into the cabinet, with the privatization of British Petroleum and British Gas being widely seen as a sop to her wing of the party. With Labour infighting clear on display, the Conservatives coast to victory.

1985Election_zpsac69640c.png~original

TL-74
UK General Election, February 1974
UK General Election, October 1974
UK General Election, 1978 & Canadian Federal Election 1979
US Presidential Elections, 1976 & 1980
Canadian Federal Election 1980 & UK General Election 1981
Labour Leadership Election, 1981 & Scottish Assembly Election 1982

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.