"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

I knew you'd like the Nixon storyline, Sarge. :D

Remember Remember the 5th of November.
For that is the day the Whore of Babylon,
Killed the Great Beast of the Dark Prince of Evil...

Though I personally doubt Mary-Jane be seen by anyone like that but what the hell, it had a nice ring to it.

Now, with *America in turmoil the Imperials and the Russians should make their move, covertly supporting the most favorable persons or factions and bring the fascist behemoth down. I don't expect the Columbians todo much of anything. Civil War or not,those crazy ass *Americans still have nukes to hit back with.

The Mary-Jane Mundy role in Oswald's death will likely never be discussed. They'll just say he was killed when the National Guard stormed the Bunker. In case anyone didn't pick up the deliberate spin on a stereotype analogue, Mundy was supposed to be an Eva von Braun type, and her shooting Oswald is the direct opposite from what Braun did to Hitler.

Also, I can imagine (depending on how things turn out) that American filmaker Ollie Hirschbiegel will make a film called "Downfall" in 2004 or so. Featuring a scene where actor Burt Ganz as Oswald goes completely nuts and calls all ORRA officers the scum of the earth and throws pencils at a map, leading to a millions of ultranet subtitle parodies. :D

Modern-day Germans sit around subtitling Downfall rants. :p:D

Finally, the bastard is dead. I hope there's a special place in Hell just for him.

Nah, Satan will probably offer to lend him his pitchfork, for Oswald is a much bigger expert on tormenting souls. :p

South America will promptly rebel and with their attention fixed in their core US territories I think they will succeed, specially if both sides recall the soldiers north to fight the civil war. Just don't approach the Panama canal :D

South America will promptly rebel and with their attention fixed in their core US territories I think they will succeed, specially if both sides recall the soldiers north to fight the civil war. Just don't approach the Panama canal :D

Don't forget Ireland. I'm sure they'll take this chance to try and throw out the NUSA.

And Peru will make sure the NUSA don't do anything funny

I just can't choose

Either Nixon that is a control freak but seems less crazy or Oswald II that everyone in the military hates and could be as crazy as his father

also the ORRA is the SS no? it seems that this ended in a similar way of how it would have ended if Hitler was killed and the SS tried to take power of germany

Hi, Napo. I just wanted to say that the translation is proceeding really well. The last time I checked there were five positive reviews, and two other people have put the story in their "Favourite Stories" list. I think it has the potential to become one of the website's most popular stories.

Let's hope the civil war marks the end of the NUSA.

In all likelihood, this will end badly. For everyone. I'd rather advocate keeping the status quo between the Imperial UN, the Russian and the *American alliances.

Also, this is the main problem with tri-polar worlds. When one of them starts going to shit, the whole house of cards starts a-tumbling down. Violently.

Anyways, Go Nixon! Your our only hope! *waves a Nixon and Jurgen flag* Yes. I'll support the bastard until he goes the same way as ole' Chukie i.e. he goes Holy Batshit Batman! Insane.

Hi, Napo. I just wanted to say that the translation is proceeding really well. The last time I checked there were five positive reviews, and two other people have put the story in their "Favourite Stories" list. I think it has the potential to become one of the website's most popular stories.

That's awesome, John! :D Terrific work, man. I can't imagine me reading a story in, say, German for example, and then painstakingly translating every word. :eek:

Balkanize! Balkanize! BALKANIZE!!:p

I figured you'd be excited, Balkanizer. ;):D

I just can't choose

Either Nixon that is a control freak but seems less crazy or Oswald II that everyone in the military hates and could be as crazy as his father

also the ORRA is the SS no? it seems that this ended in a similar way of how it would have ended if Hitler was killed and the SS tried to take power of germany

Don't forget, though, Nixon is the guy who created...

8692800421_6358c17088.jpg

... so he's pretty messed up as well, he's just more logical and cares more about public relations.

Definitely a possibility!

Nixon's gone from racecar driver, to organizer of the aerial combat equivalent of Nascar, to Vice-leader and head of a resistance all in one lifetime...

Nixon has been a busy man....

SAVE YOUR COLUMBIAN MONEY, BOYS...
revolucion-rumana-de-1989-5.jpg

Virginian revolutionaries cheer as they commandeer an ORRA tank

"This has gotten completely out of control, Horatio!" screamed Nixon over the phone to the CEO of Phoenix Oil.

The dry, very educated-sounding voice on the other end replied, "You got what you wanted, Richard. You helped my spies in Wall Street undermine Goodyear once and for all and I helped you get rid of your insane, asinine overlord. You should be thanking me."

"You said Oswald would die of shock!"

"Well, he almost did. Why didn't you kill him while he was hospitalized for months, or are you not very tricky anymore, Dicky?"

"Because he had his bloody ORRA zealot bodyguards all around him 24/7 and my people couldn't reach him, you dumb, rich monkey! They practically worshiped the man like a god!"

"My, my, sounds like you government folks have had a little internal cold war going on for a while, eh? Funny, I always had you pegged as Oswald's buddy, and King, too."

"Damn Oswald! I'm not his stupid 'buddy,' and me and King used him to undermine Steele, damn his soul, too! King and I, and a few of the others, have been planning to return a fragment of sanity to our empire for twenty years, before we plunge into a headlong death spiral brought on by our own expansionism, precisely what is happening now. That idiot Oswald didn't know jack squat about running a country. It was like the deaths of millions and the conquering of nations was some sort of strategy game in his deluded mind. He just wanted to take everything and give nothing back, and do it again and again, until we reached the point we're at now, with a full-fledged civil war and revolution spreading in our territories!"

"So for about twenty years, you and your pal Leslie have been planning the overthrow of the government? My, my, Richard, you are a fascinating fellow. Anyway, have no fear of running out of funds or of ORRA troops retaking Philadelphia. My... contractors... are going to keep those brainwashed baboons in check. Once this is all over, Nix, we are going to really hit it off. You can be the overlord, and I'll be your titan of industry, reshaping America and rebuilding it in our image."

"Either that, or we'll both be hanging by a noose when this is all over! Good-bye, Jennings!"

On November 6th, 1972, things exploded into revolution in Columbia. Following unimaginable torment at the hands of Charles Oswald, thousands flocked to the streets to celebrate his demise. Birmingham was one step closer to being avenged. But it wasn't enough. ORRA offices all over the South came under attack by mobs. Even though thousands of Southrons were getting killed, the overwhelming force of the wave of rebellion severely hurt ORRA control. With their teenaged leader on the run, ORRA was left without a central commander, and was too busy trying to bring its forces northward to fight Nixon to really be able to put down Southron uprisings. On November 8th, 1972, the city of Richmond, Virginia, was proclaimed liberated by the rebel forces. Loyalists found themselves being butchered in the streets. Richmond's ORRA commander, Robert Worth, was roped up to two motorcycles and and ripped in half on live televisor. ORRA's morale plummeted, and they began fleeing to Maryland and Pennsylvania, only to have to face the oncoming National Guard forces. Pinned down, Virginia's ORRA troops were annihilated over the winter of 1972. With no supplies save for what they could scavenge, ORRA fought basically to the last man. Over 200,000 ORRA soldiers were estimated to have been killed. On December 27th, 1972, the Commonwealth of Virginia was declared in Richmond. Nixon, far too busy fighting in Maryland and Pennsylvania to stop them, was powerless to do anything, and he was determined not to just nuke them. After all, NUSA had nuclear missiles stationed in Virginia. The last thing Nixon wanted was to find out that revolutionaries had acquired an atom bomb which they would almost unhesitatingly use on a Northern city to avenge Birmingham. In fact, both the National Guard and Phoenix contractors were scouring Columbia in a desperate quest to retrieve all of America's nuclear bombs before one or more of them fell into the wrong hands. By January, 1973, all but twenty had been accounted for. That was about to change.

On January 19th, 1973, Southron special forces located and assaulted a nuclear missile base in Raleigh staffed by ORRA troops. The ORRA troops had had orders directly from Oswald II not to allow anyone have the bomb and to never follow a launch order. In a show of suicidal loyalty, the ORRA troops threatened to detonate the bomb right on its launch pad. Making matters worse was the fact that damage sustained during the assault had caused a small meltdown, releasing radiation and toxins into the air of Raleigh. Knowing they would almost certainly die within a few days anyway, the ORRA troops carried out their threat and detonated the 3.3 megaton atomic bomb, wiping out the entire city of Raleigh. Reverend-Colonel Graham, heavily supporting the ORRA faction during the Civil War, proclaimed the Raleigh Silo Crew "Patriot-Saints and Martyrs." They became the role models for ORRA forces, and there was a massive increase in suicidal attacks by them following the Raleigh Detonation.

On March 7th, 1973, rebel forces declared the Democracy of West Carolina. On March 9th, rebels in the other two former Carolinian states also took control of their capitals and joined West Carolina, uniting under the banner of the Confederacy of the Carolinas. Floridian rebels backed and funded directly by Washington IX proclaimed the Former Georgian Republic of Florida. Immediately thereafter, former Georgian officials from the Great War began arriving in Florida to plan taking back Georgia, which had a massive ORRA presence. In April, a huge offensive took place. ORRA troops exterminated whole towns and mowed down countless rebels, but in the end, Georgia was liberated and George Washington IX landed on the shores of the Alabama region with his Caribbean army. Southron troops once again were on the offensive, taking swathes of territory and reclaiming their native soil.

tumblr_lupwdu9uBC1qfet8co1_500.jpg

Revolutionary mobs attack ORRA goons in Savannah

army76.jpg

"In 1973 we took a little trip,
Along with Gen'ral Washington up the mighty Mississip.
We fired our guns and the ORRA kept a'comin.
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and the Yanks began to runnin',
Up the Mississippi, up to Ohio."

Last edited:
The dry, very educated-sounding voice on the other end replied, "You got what you wanted, Richard. You helped my spies in Wall Street undermine Goodyear once and for all and I helped you get rid of your insane, asinine overlord. You should be thanking me."
Hot diggity damn, it's back! And with a new psychotic capitalist robber baron! I'm envisaging him as sounding like John Henry Eden from Fallout 3, or any kind of Malcolm McDowell figure. Educated, snide and contemptful, but a magnificent bastard :D

"So for about twenty years, you and your pal Leslie have been planning the overthrow of the government? My, my, Richard, you are a fascinating fellow."
Why do I feel as if Nixie is gonna regret saying that one?

On November 8th, 1972, the city of Richmond, Virginia, was proclaimed liberated by the rebel forces. Loyalists found themselves being butchered in the streets. Richmond's ORRA commander, Robert Worth, was roped up to two motorcycles and and ripped in half on live televisor.
Now that's just freaking badass :D:cool::cool: I can imagine the two alt-greasers remaining alive doing that on battered Harleys :p

On January 19th, 1973...ORRA troops carried out their threat and detonated the 30 kiloton atomic bomb, wiping out the entire city of Raleigh. Reverend-Colonel Graham, heavily supporting the ORRA faction during the Civil War, proclaimed the Raleigh Silo Crew "Patriot-Saints and Martyrs." They became the role models for ORRA forces, and there was a massive increase in suicidal attacks by them following the Raleigh Detonation.
Mm, doubt 30KT'd do that, especially if CoCaro had 30 million people pre-Great War. 30MT maybe, but that seems like overkill (he says, as the ashes from Birmingham land in Berlin :rolleyes:)

Damn fine update Napo! How're Frenchy and the UN gonna respond to this one? Or the Russkies, I feel they're overdue to give someone a kick in the slats :D