"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

I just found I had skipped the chapter beginning the genocide. Reading it I actually had changed breathing patterns, keeping my hand and the collar of my shirt over my mouth. Will now be the time for it to be revealed who was born as? Also, love the name Operation Samson. I also use it on here to signify bringing everyone done with a country. Ahhh, or Sam is going to kill him, isn't he?

Last edited:
Sheeeit. I expect USA exploding and everyone wanting to take a slice of the shit pie, or what's left of it after 100% of the world's nukes are dropped on the country

Oh, if it collapses, there's going to be tons of local military officers setting themselves up as tin-pot dictators and scrambling to find as many NUSA nukes as possible. This is going to get gruesome.

Damn, you actually had me rooting that Alt. Nixon of all people would kill Chuckie Oswald!

Anyway, I suppose that the Europeans would support a possible military faction, say, under the control of General Jurgen since the way you describe him, it sounds like he's (somewhat) a good man.

Richard Nixon, the last, and not best, hope for humanity. :p:D

And indeed, Jurgen Ailes is strictly a military man. He's basically the lone "good guy" officer in the NUSA army I promised a while back.

Been watching this TL for a while, and I've been thinking, "God damn. Chuckie Oswald and his goons make even Jake Featherston and the Freedom Guard look like the effin' Boy Scouts!".....And I believe every word of that; this guy is a raving *lunatic* of a monster. :( (I had to admit it was pretty cool that you used JFK as a physical template for him, though. Historical irony for the win. :) )

BTW, I thought I'd enter in the details for the "Crawford V" mega-bomb in Nukemap 3D and this is what I got: Assuming roughly OTL's population in that area, this bomb would have killed at least ~600,000 people outright. I was wondering how much higher this might actually be ITTL, given that Tupelo, a Miss. town of 35,000 IOTL, was noted as being a major city with about 700,000 people, or 20 times it's real-world population. BTW, Napo, can you tell us just how big Birmingham was before the city was leveled?

Glad to have you aboard, CaliBoy. :D

I use NukeMap, too. :D Tupelo did become a major population center ITTL. Birmingham probably had 1,000,000 people in it, with probably about 100,000 having evacuated during the civil unrest. So at least 900,000 people were probably obliterated, and the radiation and fallout will kill thousands more over time.

I...I...well, then.

So I'm rooting for Nixon - and Junior Fascist Flavour of the Month Al Gore - to hunt down Oswald in the middle of the outbreak of a civil war. Birmingham's been hit with a Tsar Bomba, Oswald-Boy's got the nuclear suitcase and a head full of Colombian marching powder, and every man with a gun's about to become the Sovereign Republic of Himself.

I'm keeping my telescreen tuned :D:cool:

*1960s Batman narrator voice* "Tune in next week, same mad time, same mad channel!" :p

Will now be the time for it to be revealed who was born as? Also, love the name Operation Samson. I also use it on here to signify bringing everyone done with a country. Ahhh, or Sam is going to kill him, isn't he?

Nope, no one will likely ever know for sure that Steele was born as a Slav and that Oswald is the alias of an Irishman named John Kennedy. There'll be conspiracy theories, with TTL's version of Alex Jones proposing stuff about Oswald was a dirty Irishman and getting ridiculed. :p

Dangit Napo! Do you know how difficult it is to cheer and cringe at the same time?!?

Exactly this latest chapter's intended effect. :D

Richard Nixon, the last, and not best, hope for humanity. :p:D
But truly the world needs him now more than ever.
images

Of course it is possible Oswald and Nixon both kill each other and things get even worse.

Nope, no one will likely ever know for sure that Steele was born as a Slav and that Oswald is the alias of an Irishman named John Kennedy. There'll be conspiracy theories, with TTL's version of Alex Jones proposing stuff about Oswald was a dirty Irishman and getting ridiculed. :p

Exactly this latest chapter's intended effect. :D
At least have the butler kill someone to really screw with conspiracy nuts.

Shit remember I forgot something

NUSA is getting fucked up ad Reagan seems to be somewhat sane (or saner then Oswald) hope Oswald is killed really

Buy how it is going to affect Reagan the outer world?

Looks like Birmingham is now *puts on sunglasses* Burningham
YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

If the Tom Bomb was as powerful as the Tsar Bomba, shouldn't it be a double-edged sword for the NUSA, seeing how the Bomba was able to damage from hundreds of miles away from its denotation in OTL?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some Russian or European version of Vault Tec started up soon and made a killing.

Go Tricky Dicky, you are the last and only hope for humanity. Although, the more personal and deadly your sacrifice-- is the better. If you see a grenade, make sure you jump on it.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

If the Tom Bomb was as powerful as the Tsar Bomba, shouldn't it be a double-edged sword for the NUSA, seeing how the Bomba was able to damage from hundreds of miles away from its denotation in OTL?

Three reasons Oswald wouldn't care: 1) it's in Columbia, which is uprising anyway; 2) the collateral here as there will be unknown and unanticipated, but will hurt the rebels more; and 3) Oswald is legitimately fucking insane.

And that opening joke...damn you and your funnies :D

Napo I need to ask are my posts about Peru canon or fanon?

Probably fanon for now. I still need to create an expanded universe thread. :D

Damn, Nap... You know how to build some tension.

Thanks, Mumby!

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

*cue electro-barbershop version of CSI Miami theme song* :p

As for your question, I think Tsar of New Zealand answered it pretty well. By this point, Oswald is beyond caring. He's just there to stay in power, no matter what, come hell or high water.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some Russian or European version of Vault Tec started up soon and made a killing.

Go Tricky Dicky, you are the last and only hope for humanity. Although, the more personal and deadly your sacrifice-- is the better. If you see a grenade, make sure you jump on it.

Oh, shelters have likely been booming since before the Great War in Europe. The Americans, before the Crash, were too high and mighty and self-confident to believe they'd actually need fallout shelters.

COLLAPSE
william-devane-jfk.jpg

President Charles Oswald II addresses his loyalists by televisor (November 5th, 1972)

October 29th, 1972...
Presidential Bunker, Philadelphia
One hour to go before National Guardsmen breech the bunker door...

Charles Oswald stared at the map on the wall of the bunker war-room. It showed the New United States in its full, pan-continental glory. One nation. A nation Charles Oswald had formed. Custer and Steele had laid the groundwork, but Oswald had fulfilled Manifest Destiny. And now, as the closeted Irishman sat in his wheelchair staring at the map of his disintegrating empire, a single tear, a hot tear of quiet rage, fell down his cheek. He had won. He had beaten America's enemies. He had secured his family's future as a pseudo-royal family. He had been responsible for the deaths of untold millions to bring it about. Charles Oswald had become the bloodiest dictator in the history of humanity by far and wide. And now, it was falling apart.

Mary-Jane Mundy was there with him. The 1950s movie siren had been carrying on an affair with him for 15 years or more. Unlike his wife, Mary-Jane was always with him, and she was the only person Oswald trusted. Now, she was sobbing in a corner of the room. She knew the end was coming. Oswald could nuke everyone, but he would still lose. No matter what he would do, Oswald would lose, and the people would never support him again, except for his ORRA acolytes.

Oswald, just a few minutes later, moved into the mess hall with the few remaining officers under his command. The twisted Last Supper of the Antichrist. I finally soaked into Oswald's mind that he had dined on wine and caviar with generals and dictators, but his last meal was to be some old cans of SPUD and some whiskey. Those present at the table included CYB Headmaster-Marshal Blythe, white as a sheet and of doubtful loyalty, General Leer, Admiral Vilmar Jackson, and Commander Caesar W. Johnson. Oswald's disciples. Even now, he doubted their loyalty. After finishing his plate, Oswald looked at them coldly. Then, he said, "Let those who no longer believe in my cause leave the room."

Slowly, one by one, three-quarters of the fifty or so officers present stood up solemnly and quietly filed out. The first to do so was Blythe. Caesar Johnson still remained, and he hummed the national anthem as the sounds of nearing explosions from the battle the bunker outside penetrated the cold quiet of the mess hall. At last, Oswald, without another word, retired to his chambers with Mundy and closed the door.

Twenty minutes later...
Directly outside the Presidential Bunker...

As the welding crews finally prepared to fully remove the Bunker door, ranks of National Guardsmen stood in silent anticipation, sweat rolling down their brows even though the air was icy. Nixon and King looked on, knowing the final showdown with their old boss was at hand. And then off came the hinges. Off came the lock mechanism.

Nixon prepared to lead them into the bunker. "Soldiers, remember your duty. Shoot first, and let Jehovah sort 'em out. Now... INTO THE BREACH!"

With a thunderous yell, dozens of Guardsmen kicked in the Bunker door and began pouring bullets at the Bad Luck Brigade soldiers inside. The ORRA troopers were screaming Scripture quotes and shouting "For the President! For America! For liberty!"

In seconds it was all over. Sixty ORRA troopers lay dead at the entrance. Slowly, the remaining members of Oswald's staff began to file out and surrender. Headmaster-Marshal Blythe was the first one. As the National Guardsmen slowly secured the Bunker, they at last came upon the locked room marked "Executive Quarters." As the welding crews began working to take off the door, Oswald's voice came on over the Bunker intercom:

"You filthy mongoloid traitors will never stop me! Never! I am a god, and all who oppose me shall fall. By the Prophet, I swear this. You're all doomed. Nixon and King, old buddies, you'll never win. For I'd rather take out this whole city, nay, this whole country, than let you diseased rapscallions run it! See you in Hell, Tricky Dick!"

Oswald had gone full-Samson. He was going to order a nuclear strike on Philadelphia. Suddenly, a gunshot rang out. Nothing happened afterward. Oswald's voice didn't come back on. The door slowly unlocked, and there stood Mary-Jane Mundy, covered in blood and holding a revolver. Immediately, everyone knew what had happened. Before anyone could stop her, though, she raised the gun to her own head, mouthed the words "I still love him," and then blew her brains out. Nixon walked into the room. There, on the floor, was Oswald, toppled out of his wheelchair and with a massive hole in the back of his head. On the floor in front of him was the Nuclear Suitcase, with the target set on Philadelphia. He had typed in the codes. He had been killed right before he confirmed the launch. Mary-Jane Mundy had just saved Philadelphia, and possibly the world. Charles Oswald was dead.

Nixon walked over to Oswald' body, aimed his pistol at the corpse, and began firing one shot after another into him until the clip was gone. Then he declared, "I may go to Hell, Oswald, but you'll have time to sizzle for a while before I join you." Nixon picked up the Suitcase and ended the Code Black. At that, Nixon and his officer's left the bunker.

Corbis-NA003132.jpg

A member of the Custer Youth Brigade becomes hysterical after being told of President Oswald's death

November 5th, 1972...
Unknown Location...

"Good evening, my fellow Americans. Just about one week ago, my father, our dear, beloved President Charles Oswald, God rest his soul, was ruthlessly murdered by treasonous forces under the command of the Great Apostate, Richard Nixon, and his villainous hired hands, Leslie King's so-called National Guard. These tragic events are not a setback, but a persecution and martyrdom of the righteous, a trial we must face chin-up. Our Union has not yet been perfected, and in this fallen world, we will face tragedy until the New Jerusalem is officially brought into being. I, Charles Oswald II, though only 19 years of age, am the only legitimate President of this great country. The Apostate and King may claim titles, but like Cain who murdered his brother, they viciously murdered their friend and guide in life, our beloved President, God rest his soul, and are attempting to legitimize their sin. It fills me with rage to think about what these scions of Satan are attempting to do to our nation and our way of life. Thus, it had fallen to myself and the forces under my command to bring about the destruction of this disgusting new government. Rest assured, America, Charles Oswald II and the brave men and women of the Office of Racial and Religious Affairs will fight the good fight until this land has been liberated of these demonic influences and America's nuclear arsenal controls are back in the hands of the rightful master, that being myself. That is our message. We will meet this military coup head-on, and we will reinstate the rightful government of these United States. Join me, America, as we fight to defend our heritage! Join me, America, as we fight to defend our religion! Join me, America, as we fight to drive out and exterminate the Inferior swine and bring glory to the White Race! All hail!"

The struggle for power had began. This is why historians call November 5th, 1972, the official start date of the American Civil War...

Remember Remember the 5th of November.
For that is the day the Whore of Babylon,
Killed the Great Beast of the Dark Prince of Evil...

Though I personally doubt Mary-Jane be seen by anyone like that but what the hell, it had a nice ring to it.

Now, with *America in turmoil the Imperials and the Russians should make their move, covertly supporting the most favorable persons or factions and bring the fascist behemoth down. I don't expect the Columbians todo much of anything. Civil War or not,those crazy ass *Americans still have nukes to hit back with.

OMG it is starting hope that the United Nations get some territory back from the NUSA during civil war or that the NUSA pulls out of some conquered territories

also unexpected death of oswalf by his wive well done

Zachanassian

Gone Fishin'
Nixon, or the Son of Oswald? It's like the choice between death now or death later.

In an increasing bit of metaness Chuck Oswald II will be played by JFK as played by William Devane.

Also, I can imagine (depending on how things turn out) that American filmaker Ollie Hirschbiegel will make a film called "Downfall" in 2004 or so. Featuring a scene where actor Burt Ganz as Oswald goes completely nuts and calls all ORRA officers the scum of the earth and throws pencils at a map, leading to a millions of ultranet subtitle parodies. :D