Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is Ye map, which provides you with interminable notes to avoid the alternative of more paragraphs of text.

FrancoAmerican1960.png

I was personally hoping people would pick the latter, so that one will be worked on next. And yes, conflict with the British and Europeans shall be soon, though not yet. Main targets for 'liberation' are India, Afghanistan, Central Asia, Siberia (native peoples), Indonesia and other such places. Non Asians are kind of a second priority in the leaders eyes (it has more of a racial tone than OTLs Soviet Union, picking western oppression as justification.

I seem to remember a map in the old thread that had a map of the earth in the center, with Mars and the Moon (I think those were them) in the bottom right and left corners. Could anybod ylink me to it if they know what I mean?

I don't know, but I could whip up a quick Earth+Mars+Moon map myself if you want.

And here's an Earth-Moon-Mars basemap. Kudos to Mathuen and Dumanios for the Moon and Mars maps, respectively. I have a great deal of confidence in the accuracy of the Moon map, but much less confidence in the Mars map, which is rough and has significant irregularities, not to mention not being to scale with the other two - you're welcome to replace it with your own Mars basemap if you so desire.

ACS basemap w-subdivisions+Moon+Mars.png

Last edited:
And here's an Earth-Moon-Mars basemap. Kudos to Superman and Dumanios for the Moon and Mars maps, respectively. I have a great deal of confidence in the accuracy of the Moon map, but much less confidence in the Mars map, which is rough and has significant irregularities, not to mention not being to scale with the other two - you're welcome to replace it with your own Mars basemap if you so desire.
Mars looks a little too big compared to Earth, and I think it was actually Mathuen who found the Moon map. It definitely wasn't me, though.

EDIT: Also, I know it's the color of their flag, but red Denmark looks communist. I prefer the turquoise of UCS.

Mars looks a little too big compared to Earth, and I think it was actually Mathuen who found the Moon map. It definitely wasn't me, though.

I SAID Mars was out of scale, but I couldn't find a better map. Also, I put your name because I originally got it off of one of your maps, but thanx, I'll edit my earlier post.:)

I was personally hoping people would pick the latter, so that one will be worked on next. And yes, conflict with the British and Europeans shall be soon, though not yet. Main targets for 'liberation' are India, Afghanistan, Central Asia, Siberia (native peoples), Indonesia and other such places. Non Asians are kind of a second priority in the leaders eyes (it has more of a racial tone than OTLs Soviet Union, picking western oppression as justification.

Please, please do the latter. A Trotskyist and pan-Asian UASR is much better, much cooler, much more original, and less evil(?) than a basically Maoist Chinawank...

f09ptiO.png

However there are a few things that irk me such as:

>Parts of Europe still uncivilized

>The border isn't at the straights of Malacca

>No East Indies Roman Colonies

Well Most of Europe isn't actually "uncivilized"... Most of them are just more resistant to Imperium rule. Russia is probably the only actual uncivilized area because there were no Russians living there when it was settled. Russia is also in need of a bigger infrastructure.
The East indies thing is similarly tempered by The Chinese. No one wants to end the world just to gain more pride.
As for the straights of Malacca. They never went over there in time. Now that the Chinese are there no one wants it...

Last edited:

Dorozhand

Banned
Dear lord, what happened, did Europa smack into the Earth?

In other words that map is not actually possible as there is not enough water on Earth to flood that much area; the highest possible sea level rise is only 65 m.

Just musing over it, I could imagine a large comet skirting by the earth, breaking up in the high atmosphere and landing in Antarctica. That would serve to melt the Antarctic ice cap as well as add more water to the earth.

Just musing over it, I could imagine a large comet skirting by the earth, breaking up in the high atmosphere and landing in Antarctica. That would serve to melt the Antarctic ice cap as well as add more water to the earth.

That'd have to be a gigantic comet, since you'd need to be adding something like an area 10 meters high the size of the Atlantic (assuming that's showing a rise of 120+ Meters, I forget the exact amount).

Dorozhand

Banned
That'd have to be a gigantic comet, since you'd need to be adding something like an area 10 meters high the size of the Atlantic (assuming that's showing a rise of 120+ Meters, I forget the exact amount).

Maybe the centaur Chariklo gets kicked into the inner solar system (as some say it inevitably will be), gets captured by Terra for several orbits which slowly decay inwards, spends enough time in the inner solar system to start vaporizing (so that a ring of water vapour starts descending towards the planet), breaks up in Terra's roche radius, lands as several comet-like objects in oblique Tunguska-like impacts that all happen to occur over the ocean or in Antartica, while the water vapour sublimed from Chariklo's surface rains down on Terra? :D

It'd be like Aquarius from Space Battleship Yamato

A map I made ages ago. I can't remember what it was about, other than that Yellowstone erupted, America had a nuclear civil war, and there was a civil war in the EU between pro-federalists and anti-federalists.

Dystopic Future.png

A map I made ages ago. I can't remember what it was about, other than that Yellowstone erupted, America had a nuclear civil war, and there was a civil in the EU between pro-federalists and anti-federalists.

A civil what? A civil suit? A civil chat over a cup of tea about life, the universe and everything?

Does anyone have any good idea for names of Brazilian Provinces? I retained Portuguese names of the original conquered colony and used Dutch names for others. I'm not sure what to call the other ones. I was thinking of Indian names.

Brazil.png

Status
Not open for further replies.