"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

I just got an idea for a Polandball! OTL America looks at TTL's NUSA, and then says to the USSR, Nazi Germany, Imperial japan and the Confederacy, "And I thought you guys were bad!" What do you think, Napo?

Napo Peru would take what it is left of Colombia (basically OTL-Ecuador since that is the place most guerrillas would be)? after all if they do not only that Peru protect their Colombian brothers but the NUSA would be forced to enter a war they don't want to get those colombians

Napo Peru would take what it is left of Colombia (basically OTL-Ecuador since that is the place most guerrillas would be)? after all if they do not only that Peru protect their Colombian brothers but the NUSA would be forced to enter a war they don't want to get those colombians

At this point I don't think something like a tiny guerrilla war is gonna stop NUSA :( the world-domination facet of Manifest Destiny aside, they're kinda riding high on that wave of genocidal 'victory disease'). If they nuked Rio...how far have American forces advanced? I mean, given that *alt* LBJ massacred half a million Hispanics in Texas alone, and that the AFC has a hatred for Catholics that'd shock 17th-Century Europe :eek: it's looking very bad for whatever parts of South America NUSA forces reach. Resistance will probably just make things worse. Re-education camps in the Gran Colombian rainforest, perhaps? :(

At the least, NUSA may puppetise Peru and Brasil-Rio de la Plata in a manner similar to Mexico. And we all know how that turned out...

At this point I don't think something like a tiny guerrilla war is gonna stop NUSA :( the world-domination facet of Manifest Destiny aside, they're kinda riding high on that wave of genocidal 'victory disease'). If they nuked Rio...how far have American forces advanced? I mean, given that *alt* LBJ massacred half a million Hispanics in Texas alone, and that the AFC has a hatred for Catholics that'd shock 17th-Century Europe :eek: it's looking very bad for whatever parts of South America NUSA forces reach. Resistance will probably just make things worse. Re-education camps in the Gran Colombian rainforest, perhaps? :(

At the least, NUSA may puppetise Peru and Brasil-Rio de la Plata in a manner similar to Mexico. And we all know how that turned out...

Napo said that Peru can give the NUSA enough problems in naval war that they won't risk it and if Peru can do that their army and air force isn't to be swept aside just like that, also Peru had stayed neutral dispite being semi-aligned to the empire

Second Peru can say in political words "you don't kill us and we control this guerrillas to stop killing your guys", in that way the NUSA gains a catholic but seemingly decent "ally"

Thirds NUSA would take down the caribbean first (giving Peru time to prepare) or go after Europe (if they commit an stupidity first)

But by now the NUSA soldiers have the morale low thanks to the epidemy and the "treason" of their allies so only time will say

Napo said that Peru can give the NUSA enough problems in naval war that they won't risk it and if Peru can do that their army and air force isn't to be swept aside just like that, also Peru had stayed neutral dispite being semi-aligned to the empire

Second Peru can say in political words "you don't kill us and we control this guerrillas to stop killing your guys", in that way the NUSA gains a catholic but seemingly decent "ally"

Thirds NUSA would take down the caribbean first (giving Peru time to prepare) or go after Europe (if they commit an stupidity first)

But by now the NUSA soldiers have the morale low thanks to the epidemy and the "treason" of their allies so only time will say

To the first, good point; attacking a well-armed country with well-rested soldiers otivated by the massacre of their neighbours will present a challenge to NUSA, which would be having some trouble maintaining supply lines.

Second: well, maybe. Selling out the neighbours to save themselves may work for now, but it'd be a stopgap measure - enough to keep independence until NUSA gets tired of the Peruvians :p

As for the third, you're probably quite right: wiping out Columbian remnants looks better than getting sunk into another country, and if the Peruvians or (more likely) the French develop their own peacemaker bombs and put them in Peru it might deter the Americans...or encourage a pre-emptive attack. :eek:

The last point is questionable though: if vaccine is distributed to NUSA troops, who have finished subjugating a century-and-a-half-old quartet of enemies and deployed the most deadly weapon the world has ever seen, then morale would be through the roof - they'd be effectively invincible :( Of course, it rather depends how hard Scottish Flu is hitting South America compared to the rest of the world, and how hard the South Americans are prepared to fight for their homeland :cool: Atrocities committed in Colombia and Columbia would probably give more reason to resist, one imagines...

Well if Peru plays it cards right the NUSA won't care after all they care about dominance of OTL US and to destroy the empire, Colombia was hit because it was allied and in the way towards french-brazil

The scottish flu might be wreacking havoc in Peru by now but the NUSA still will have a lot of deaths before the vaccine in deployed entirely

Your empire! atomic bomb in Peru would not be used, Peru knows very well that getting into the league of nations now in suicide as the NUSA would invade, Peru stays better as neutral. Remember any demostration of force will end in NUSA agression worse if nuclear weapons are in the balance

If I was the Peruvian president I would let Peru stay in neutrality while trying to talk to the NUSA about getting more territories, NUSA win as they don't have to deal with the "undesirables" and guerrillas and Peru wins because they save more people

You all right? And I'm glad you're back. More destruction! :D

I contracted serious influenza, pink eye, and laryngitis all at the same freaking time. :eek: But I'm feeling much, much better now and am high on painkillers and antibiotics. :p

Sardinian Accords chapter coming up! Also, an attempted assassination! Who will it be, readers? Who will Chuckie Oswald see fit to attempt to eliminate from the international circle? :eek:

I contracted serious influenza, pink eye, and laryngitis all at the same freaking time. :eek: But I'm feeling much, much better now and am high on painkillers and antibiotics. :p

Sardinian Accords chapter coming up! Also, an attempted assassination! Who will it be, readers? Who will Chuckie Oswald see fit to attempt to eliminate from the international circle? :eek:
Looks like your disease tried to escape from TTL to try and eliminate you before you(and Chuckie Oswald) eliminate it! :D

Good to see you are ok

Oh and Napo please make the NUSA fail here

Looks like your disease tried to escape from TTL to try and eliminate you before you(and Chuckie Oswald) eliminate it! :D

One funny thing I realized was that if the Scottish Flu is anything like what I've had, there's no freaking way people could fight or hold together in a war if they had what I had. My story is realistic. :D

Good to see you are ok

Oh and Napo please make the NUSA fail here

Thanks, man!

And don't worry; like I've said many times before, everyone is a loser in this TL. Including America. ;) When the Yanks finally get their just deserts, it'll be extremely satisfying and epic.

Glad to see you're feeling better Napo. :D I haven't commented in a while, but I've been reading each and every update the day they've been posted.

I have to say you're doing a great job making this story as dark as possible, and I just can't wait to see where it goes from here. I mean, the RU has conquered the south, the war is at a standstill in Europe, the RU is getting away with genocide on a massive scale and going crazy with the atom bomb, and now the Scottish Flu is in America, and thighs can only more crazy from here. I also can't wait of see how the RU falls, and I trust you when you say it all be satisfying.

One funny thing I realized was that if the Scottish Flu is anything like what I've had, there's no freaking way people could fight or hold together in a war if they had what I had. My story is realistic. :D

Thanks, man!

And don't worry; like I've said many times before, everyone is a loser in this TL. Including America. ;) When the Yanks finally get their just deserts, it'll be extremely satisfying and epic.

Are you going to make a post-war world? and possibly a cross-over?

Just glad you're alive in that case :D

Ohhhh yes please :p :cool: Though that does mke me wonder how Europe pans out...

Zoid! You're back! :D *high five*

White supremacist Indonesia?! Beutelist Japan?! Hitler using a bastardized Martin Luther King quote?! :eek::p

THE SARDINIAN ACCORDS:
PART ONE
"Peace, at last! Peace at last! Thank God Almighty, we have peace at last."
-Grand Marshal Adolf von Branau

hitler-pres-speech.jpg

When the world leaders met in the neutral Kingdom of Sardinia following the declaration of a general cease-fire among the European powers, the world looked for moderation and sanity to win out over petty royal disputes or nationalistic arrogance. At first, Napoleon VI wanted to play hardball, but von Branau and Princess Napoleona convinced him otherwise, with Napoleona telling her father, "We have lost this war. The Bund is lost. Our South American territories are doomed. Our Ethiopian colonies are saluting the Kaiser. Let us cut our loses and carry on."

Reluctantly, Napoleon accepted the advice. When his personal plane touched down in Cagliari, he was greeted personally by Kaiser Helmut Wilhelm, who immediately offered his hand in friendship. "It is good to see you, my brother," he said, "It is time for us to end this horrible war once and for all. I wish only a fair peace. If you are willing to work with the Allies, we shall work with the League."

DUTCH AFFAIRS:

As the rest of Europe's hierarchy descended on Cagliari, the negotiations began. Strangely, Napoleon and Helmut Wilhelm hit it off very well, and both claimed to think the other a very honorable nobleman. Other leaders were less enthused about the whole deal, such as the Dutch representatives. The Bonapartes were determined to make sure Holland never ever built another empire. The Dutch government had tried to backstab the Empire during the war. The Dutch holdings in Asia and Indonesia were a bloody mess of civil war and independence movements too far out of control to stop. The Dutch Philippines had already proclaimed the Philippine Kingdom, under King Ignaas I, a half-Dutch, half-Tagalog army officer who had fought rival warlords since 1956 for the position. Dutch Indonesia had gone completely insane, with Muslims, Christians, and other religious groups slaughtering each other by the thousands. Napoleon was out to destroy Dutch independence and completely annex them into the Empire.

At the accords, King Ignaas I was contacted by phone and negotiated with. In the end, he was allowed to keep his independence in exchange for trade deals with Europe and a promise to never ally with Russia. The majority of the world's nations then recognized the Kingdom of the Philippines. The nation was a Protestant bastion like their old colonial master, but allowed other faiths, with the exception of Islam, which Ignaas was determined to root out and destroy.

500px-Flag_of_the_Tagalog_people.svg.png

Flag of the Kingdom of the Philippines

USA-MTO-Sicily-p253.jpg

King Ignaas I of the Philippines

It was also Islam which posed a problem in Indonesia. The Republic of Indonesia was declared on January 18th, 1958, but a brutal civil war was ensuing. Dutch soldiers trapped in Asia were determined to hold on to their holdings and support Protestant warlords, while Muslim factions pushed for a radical Islamic state. In the end, both the Grand Alliance and the League of Nations agreed to fund the Protestant minority, but also declared an "international intervention." Western troops would be deployed to Indonesia on an indefinite basis to keep the Muslims under control. Even worse was King Ignaas's massacres of Muslims in the Philippines, which almost caused the entirety of Southeast Asia to turn into a mass of religious war. The Republic of Indonesia was was governed by Chancellor Theodoor Fabien Lucas and his Patriot Party. The Senate was stacked by the Patriot Party, and the Indonesian military was secretly filled with white supremacists and American sympathizers. Following the Accords, ORRA smuggled weapons and equipment into Indonesia to help "exterminate the Muslim swine." By 1960, Indonesia was playing all sides, but was really an American satellite. It would be the location of an infamous international incident before long.

500px-Naval_Jack_of_Indonesia.svg.png

NUSA-knock-off flag of the Republic of Indonesia

2443526999.jpg

Declaration of the Indonesian Republic

JAPAN:

Japan, a backwater nation which had long been under a combination of Russian, Dutch, Imperial, and American influence, had collapsed into civil war in 1956 following the assassination of the Emperor in November of that year. The international anti-imperialist, anti-monarchist terrorist organization known as the Syndicate claimed responsibility for the killing. The nation, which was on the brink of mass starvation and complete collapse following centuries of being cut off from the rest of the world, broke into three factions: those supporting the Imperial Family, those supporting the Russians, and the Syndicate. Thousands of international volunteers came to fight for the Syndicate Revolution, and more and more of the Imperial Family found themselves hanged or shot as the anarchistic-Beutelist uprising succeeded. On January 20th, 1958, just days after the proclamation of the Indonesian Republic (early 1958 was later known as the "Asian Spring"), Japan's Syndicate leadership convened in Tokyo to declare the Beutelist Worker's Republic of Japan (BWRJ). In an unbelievable leap from feudalism to modernism, Japan was drastically overhauled. Women became equals, factories shot up, Shintoism was replaced by deism and the Enlightenment. Traditional clothing was burned and European styles adopted. There was no real leader, but the 30 members of the Council of the People were to be seen issuing new laws and presiding over military and labor parades.

Russia disliked everything about these latest turn of events, and so did all the leaders gathered in Sardinia. Russia financed several coup attempts, which all ended in failure. America, from its Korean holdings, considered an invasion, but found no feasible way to make it work. In the end, the Sardinia Accords recognized Japan's government, but that didn't mean they wouldn't secretly try to topple it at every chance they could. The Syndicate was thrilled, finally having a new base of operations since the Nuking of Brazil. From the safety of Japan, they were free to plot the "Liberation of Earth."

CHINA:

Chiang Kai-Shek was the absolute, undisputed dictator for China by 1958. He was also completely psychotic. He, through sheer force of will and and leading his own cult of personality, had made China into a fairly modernized place, still largely based on Dutch culture. By the time of the Accords, he had led a successful war against nearby colonial powers, taking Indochina from the Prussians and Dutch and northern China from the Imperials. Kai-Shek personally attended the Sardinian Accords and eventually ended up making Europe accept his borders on the premise of a trade agreement and the promise of sending peacekeepers to help in Indonesia. China wasn't thrilled with the latest events in Japan and hugely hated American Korea. Following Chinese stabilization, Oswald started planting nuclear warheads in Korea to make sure he could level Kai-Shek in seconds if he ever got any funny ideas. The Chinese-American border became an impregnable zone of barb wire, machine guns, and 40 foot-thick walls with massive artillery pieces on them.

The Chinese people, very much a cousin of the Dutch thanks to heavy and prolonged cultural imperialism, spoke Dutch by the millions, and the military was equipped with Dutch-style uniforms and weapons. Catholicism and Protestantism were widespread, but everyone was united in their worship of Kai-Shek. Despite numerous Syndicate attempts to kill him, the mad ruler kept presiding over his third-world hellhole of tyranny, and it didn't look like that would change anytime soon.

Last edited:
It's Back!

Damn speedy update in light of the unconsciousness :D and what an update! http://reactiongifs.com/?p=7419 (no idea how to embed things :rolleyes:)
So Asia's gone to hell in a handbasket, Europe's being carved up in a most gentlemanly manner by the French and Prussians, and America's turning insanity into an export commodity. Such fun :p
So the Russkies are left gnashing their teeth on Europe's periphery: is this going to lead to fun later on? Beyond what they're trying to fund in Asia, anyhow :p

Also, multiple nuclear warheads on the Yalu? By 1960? NUSA sure didn't waste time in amping up atom bomb production in three years, did it? :eek: Are we going to see the European response to this at all, or a Franco-German attempt at the bomb?

Damn, now I've got to refresh every two minutes to see if there's news of what other fresh hell has unfolded :D:rolleyes::cool:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY COUNTRY? BY THE GODS, YOU'VE TURNED IT PROTESTANT. AND ANTI-MUSLIM.

also, what happened to indonesia? i thought they were majority muslim. then again, those unclef***ing yankees have been slaughtering everyone in sight who isn't germanic protestant. with few exceptions.

anyway, beautiful work, dude. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and again, we don't give a shit about how everything's going to shit. just as long as the RU/NUSA is brought to justice. preferably painfully. with nuclear fire. and poison. and plague.