"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Poor America, I really feel sorry for it. By the way Napoleon, I've given a look to your story about the post-apocalyptic Elvis cult, and it's really interesting. Are you going to continue it?

Last edited:
Hey Napo can I do a OTL vs TTL chapter here

Soviet Russia vs NUSA

That said here is a warning is Soviet Russian (With present day tech) is going to curbstomp the NUSA the Tech disparity is THAT high

Hey Napo can I do a OTL vs TTL chapter here

Soviet Russia vs NUSA

That said here is a warning is Soviet Russian (With present day tech) is going to curbstomp the NUSA the Tech disparity is THAT high

In that case, maybe 50s USSR versus 50s NUSA? Although if you made them both 1950-level, it'd be fun to see Joseph Stalin decrying Joe Steele and vice-versa :D

Actually, thinking about it technology in the world seems to have slowed from its' pace about 20 years ahead of OTL. Not nitpicking or anything :eek: as the lack of any major wars until now would slow a lot of advances. Just a pity NUSA wasn't slowed a little more in the atomic weapons and germ warfare divisions :p

Come to think of it, what's NUSA's policy in the Reconquered Territories? Chuckie Oswald's had fun running with the genocide ball for sure; is there gonna be any kind of Schindler's List/Underground Railroad deal where people try and smuggle Inferiors and Catholics to Cuba?

In that case, maybe 50s USSR versus 50s NUSA? Although if you made them both 1950-level, it'd be fun to see Joseph Stalin decrying Joe Steele and vice-versa :D

Actually, thinking about it technology in the world seems to have slowed from its' pace about 20 years ahead of OTL. Not nitpicking or anything :eek: as the lack of any major wars until now would slow a lot of advances. Just a pity NUSA wasn't slowed a little more in the atomic weapons and germ warfare divisions :p

Come to think of it, what's NUSA's policy in the Reconquered Territories? Chuckie Oswald's had fun running with the genocide ball for sure; is there gonna be any kind of Schindler's List/Underground Railroad deal where people try and smuggle Inferiors and Catholics to Cuba?

There might be it would be a good story

Also the USSR had their own NUSA, Nazi Germany, USSR is going to have no mercy against something that is effectively worse than Nazi Germany

Also who wouldn't like Chuikov, Zhukov and Konev kicking NUSA's collective ass?

There might be it would be a good story

Also the USSR had their own NUSA, Nazi Germany, USSR is going to have no mercy against something that is effectively worse than Nazi Germany

Also who wouldn't like Chuikov, Zhukov and Konev kicking NUSA's collective ass?

Still, might pay to wait to see how NUSA gets its arse kicked in this TL :p
...NUSA does lose in the end, right?

Hi guys, this is the last chapter of my contribution. Thanks to Napoleon for having allowed me to write and to all of you for having read it.

THE ITALIAN SIDE OF THE WAR
EPILOGUE: 1968

Naples, Empire of the Two Italies
Saint Michael Military Hospital

Carlo was standing in a grey mist. He wore a black uniform and had a hole on his head, where the Bulgarian sniper had shot him. He was trying to move his legs, but for some strange reason he couldn't. Then, he tried to say something, but only whispers came out. After some attempts, he was able to scream.

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!".

He woke up in a bed, with a nun on his left side. The nun at first just stared at him with surprised eyes, then signed herself and run out of the room.

"DOCTOR ESPOSITO, COME HERE! HE'S AWAKE!".

After some seconds, a doctor came in the room and went to check on Carlo.

"Welcome back, signor Leone".

"W-where am I? What happened?".

"You are at the Saint Michael Military Hospital. You have been in a coma for the last eleven years".

"Eleven years...oh, my...Hey, what about the War? Is it...".

"Yes, it's all over now, don't worry".

Carlo drew a sigh of relief, as the doctor finished his check up.

"Wery well, you are in a very good shape. You just have to go through some more exams, and then you'll be able to..." said the doctor, but was interrupted by a knock at the door. He went to see who it was, and turned to Carlo with a smile.

"There's someone who wants to see you, signor Leone. I think you'll be happy to see them". Then he shifted himself and Maria, Carlo's wife, entered the room and went to hug her husband.

"Oh Carlo, I was so worried. I've been praying for you since you came back..." she said crying.

Carlo hugged her tightly. Then he noticed a little girl standing on Maria's side.

"Who's the girl?".

Maria gave him a surprised look.

"She's your daughter, Anna".

"I have a daughter? But how...when...".

"Some days before you left for Cyrenaica. How can't you remember? I sent you a letter after the delivery".

At first, Carlo didn't remember. Then, the memories came back all of a sudden.

"Sorry Maria, the coma made me forget it".

They both smiled, while Anna was hiding herself behind her mother's skirt. She looked nervous.

"Come on, Anna, don't be afraid. This is your father".

Carlo tried to hug his daughter, but was interrupted by Aldo's sudden arrival.

"FINALLY YOU'VE AWAKENED, YOU BASTARD! DID YOU THINK YOU COULD ESCAPE FROM ME?" said Aldo bear-hugging his friend.

"Aldo...I...can't breathe...".

That evening, after they had come back home, Carlo and Maria spent two hours in bed, making love to "make up for lost time". After they'd finished, Maria lay with her head on Carlo's chest.

"What will you do now, honey?".

"I'll leave the Army".

"Are you sure? How will we eat, then?".

"Don't worry, the Army owes me a pension as a veteran. And I'm already thinking to a new job, something that I've planned since I was a child...".

From "History of entertainment, Volume III: Comic Books" by Vladimir Putin (1) (Moscow, Black Bear Publications, 2007)

...Unlike in America, comic books had never been very popular in Europe, for two reasons. First, people were more interested in movies and novels. Second, comics had always been considered a childish pastime, and were used only for "educational purposes". As examples, we can consider the Prussian graphic novel "Frederick the Great" (Berlin Imperial Press, 1930) or the booklets about Ireland produced in England under the Churchill regime. Although well made, they were filled with heavy nationalist propaganda. The only exception was "The Black Shadow", by Georgian writer Henry Lewis, popular even among adults.

...Things changed in 1968 when Carlo Leone, a former Italian soldier, founded the "Double L Publications" together with his old friend Aldo Longhi. Determined to leave a mark in the history of publications, they created what would later become the first European comic book series appreciated mostly by adults, Tex.

Based on Leone's and Longhi's war experiences, the series told the story of Gustavo LaFava, a soldier nicknamed Tex because of his addiction to Texas Hold'em, and of his adventures during the War. Narrated with a light tone and with many hilarious scenes (and without propaganda), at first it was just another series for kids, but then their parents noticed it. By the beginning of 1969, the first issue had been reprinted thousands of times.

...In 1969 Leone became the first European publisher to buy the copyrights for an adaptation of H.P. Lovette's works.

...Aside from Tex, Leone and Longhi created many other succesful series of various genres, like "The Winchesters" (the story of two demon-hunting brothers, set in a parallel universe full of monsters), "Death the Kid" (a supernatural comedy about the son of the Grim Reaper), and "Nicole Navarre", a science-fiction series about a female secret agent from the future. This story gave them some troubles with the censorship, as it was full of nude scenes and half-hidden sexual acts. They considered the censors as hypocrites (Longhi said in an interview "They've said nothing about violence, and now they're shouting because of some tits?"). However, they received an unexpected help when Emperor Massimiliano V (who was a fan of the series) issued a law that lessened the censorship's grasp.

...Leone died in 1999, two years after Longhi. Some time before his death, since his only daughter had never been interested in the publishing businness, he had sold the "Double L Publications" to media tycoon Silvio Berlusconi (2).

From "Treccani Encyclopedia, Volume XII", 2039 Special Edition (3)

LEONE, ANNA (1957-2030): Italian actress, daughter of famous publisher Carlo Leone. At first, she became famous for her roles in some Shakespearian plays, and made her debut on the screen in 1976, in the historical movie "Julius Caesar". Thanks to her beauty and her innate acting ability, she became soon extremely popular all over Italy. Among her other movies the most famous are the spy-story "Kiss me and die" and the horror "Night of the dead", both with the Italian-naturalized Georgian actor Clint Eastwood (4), with whom she had a brief affair. Outside of Italy, she is mostly known for her role as Maria Letizia Bonaparte in the French PB series "Napoleon-The early years". In 1986 she married Massimiliano, Prince of Lombardy (5). Later, when her husband became Emperor, she stopped acting and proved to be an even more popular Empress Consort, despite her detractors's constant gossiping. (6)

NOTES:

(1): TTL's Vladimir Putin is different from his OTL counterpart. First, he's chosen a career as a writer. Second, he's gay.

(2): TTL's Berlusconi is different from his OTL counterpart. First, he's honest. Second, he isn't interested in politics (luckily for Italy).

(3): The Treccani is an Italian encyclopedia, founded in 1925 (both IOTL and ITTL) by Giovanni Treccani, industrialist and patron. TTL's 2039 Edition is special because it marks tre 100th anniversary of the Empire of the Two Italies.

(4): TTL's Clint Eastwood was born in 1930 in Atlanta. His early career was similar to OTL. In 1955, some months before the War, he had a "close encounter" with the wife of a powerful Georgian politician, so he fled to Italy.

(5): The title of Prince/Princess of Lombardy goes to the first-in-line to the Italian throne, while the second-in-line is Duke/Duchess of Naples and the third-in-line Count/Countess of Palermo.

(6): Essentially, Anna is an ATL Grace Kelly, with two main differences: first, she will die of old age. Second, phisically she looks like Kate Beckinsale, but with a bigger chest (and when I say bigger I mean kind of like two water-melons. Two big, juicy water-melons).

(1): TTL's Vladimir Putin is different from his OTL counterpart. First, he's chosen a career as a writer. Second, he's gay.

(2): TTL's Berlusconi is different from his OTL counterpart. First, he's honest. Second, he isn't interested in politics (luckily for Italy).

You...you made Putin gay ITTL!? well that's just good irony :D

Also, an honest Berlusconi? I think I just heard the fabric of the universe tear :eek::p:D

Napoleon, I like this timeline so much because of its originality, but I do have a question: Why didn't the Union rename Nova Scotia into something more appropriate for them, like New Scotland, if they hate the French and their culture so much?
:confused:

Napoleon, I like this timeline so much because of its originality, but I do have a question: Why didn't the Union rename Nova Scotia into something more appropriate for them, like New Scotland, if they hate the French and their culture so much?
:confused:
OK, Im confused. Why would a LATIN name be changed because they hated FRENCH?

Where did the French language come from? Latin! And who occupied France for centuries? The Romans! Rome was a French monarchist sympathiser for a millenium! All hail! :D :p
(uh...let's ignore all the Roman imagery the MDP appropriated :p such is the power of NUSA's insane troll logic)

Sorry, I forgot that Nova Scotia is Latin for New Scotland while the French name for the province is actually Nouvelle-Écosse.:eek:

Anyway, I looking forward to the next installments of this existing, but horrifying series.:D:eek:

May I make a suggestion? Create an expy for John Brown, though perhaps more successful. Someone who can signal the start of civil war with the more Christian occupants of the New United States of America. Perhaps some of them have been evangelizing in the Indian Reservations where people used to picnic in zeppelins to watch them fight. Seems a schism would be possible with some going the peaceful route, some going back to the time of Burr and having a march around the bell tower of his church, and some seeing that what the Catholic said was true about those in charge and perhaps revealing it. That or some groups go to the extreme and attempt to wipe out Blacks. All of those groups could have bombs strapped to their chests.

since i have nothing productive to say, i must say this:

DEATH TO THE RU! DEATH BY FIRE AND FURY! NUCLEAR FIRE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

since i have nothing productive to say, i must say this:

DEATH TO THE RU! DEATH BY FIRE AND FURY! NUCLEAR FIRE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pretty much.

second.jpg