"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Alright, I'm still working on my next guest chapter, but I recently had the idea to write these little side vignettes about the bios of a number of different/random historical figures in this timeline. And yes, as TheBerlinguer said its simply amazing how so many other AH'ers can contribute so awesomely to Napo's timelines/worlds, especially this one and American King II, both of which I've contributed allot to. :D

So anyways, Enjoy :).

Mao Zedong (December 26, 1893-January 28, 1927) grew up in poverty in the Chinese Province of Hunan. He was only a child when the Missionary War (1903-1905) occurred, his home province being annexed into Dutch China. He traveled to and got an education in Amsterdam and the Hauge beginning in 1912, returning home in 1920. By this point Mao had became an ardent Monarchist and supporter of an independent, Chinese Monarchy based on Western, Bonapartist ideals. He felt the best way to bring this state about was to collaborate with the Dutch colonizers, viewing Chinese rebel groups such as Qing loyalists, Communists and Anarchists as "a grave danger to China's future". Mao joined a pro-Dutch Chinese Militia from Honk Hong in 1921, and became the Militia's leader within two years time. In 1924, Mao founded the "Chinese Home Rule Party" in Honk Hong, a party advocating his ideals and for an autonomous Southern China with relations to the mother country of Holland like that of the Kingdom of South Africa, or of Quebec towards the Tripartite Empire. After giving a speech in Fuzhou in 1927, Mao was assassinated by an unknown member of the Chinese Anarchist Alliance, cutting a promising political career short. The party itself declined in popularity in the coming years, its leadership continuing to fracture into smaller factions.

Emma Goldman (June 27, 1869-December 30, 1892) never immigrated to America, and remained in Lithuania, living with her Orthodox Jewish family. Looking for more excitement in her life, she became a nurse in the Russian Army in 1892 during the Fourth Russo-Persain War. She and most of her regiment was killed in the surprise ambush by the Persian Army which began the Battle of Sari (December 30, 1892-January 6, 1893).

Robert Gould Shaw (October 10, 1837-November 8, 1909) was born in Boston, Republican Union, his family moving to Shicagwa when he young. He was later educated in Prussia and Finland before going to and later graduating from Harvard in the Class of 1859. Soon after graduating Harvard, Shaw joined the 4th Illionia Militia, and remained in the unit well into the 1860's. In 1866, Shaw meet with the up and coming George Armstrong Custer, who along with his two brothers founded the private militia of "Custer's Company". Shaw retired from his militia to join the Company, and in the coming years evolved into a die hard Unionite patriot, and also become a trusted colleague and friend of Custer, helping the Company in its many ventures. After over two decades in Custer's Company, in 1889, Shaw began campaigning with Custer for the Manifest Destiny Party, joining the party itself a year later. Shaw proudly partook in the March on Philadelphia on New Years Day of 1891, and would become one of the prime architects along with Custer and his brothers of the new Office of Racial and Religious Affairs. Custer was the ORRA's first Secretary, but his work as First Chief Consul was always his main priority. As a result in 1892, Custer made his brother Thomas Custer, previously the ORRA's first under-Secretary, the second Secretary of the ORRA, with Shaw taking the place of Under-Secretary. After Thomas Custer's death of tuberculosis in 1900, Shaw became Secretary of the ORRA, with Boston Custer as Under-Secretary. It was during Shaw's term that the ORRA expanding its infamous operations in the Union's new territories in Central America, the Pacific, Louisiana and Korea. Shaw played a central part in the ORRA's activities during these conquests, especially during the Missionary War. Shaw continued his term as Secretary of the ORRA until his death at the age of 72 on November 8, 1909. He was buried in Patriot's Rest in Philadelphia, his funeral broadcast live across Talkie-Boxes all over the nation. Boston Custer succeeded him as Secretary, a position he would hold until his death in 1914.

José Doroteo Arango Arámbula, more popularity known as "Francisco Villa" (June 5, 1878-December 7, 1910) became a famous anti-Union partisan in the Mexican region of Durango, begging around 1900, when the Mexican Insurgency against the Republican Union's occupation began to grow in popularity. By the 1905, Villa's fame grew and he became a hero amongst both the Mexican peasantry and bourgeois alike for his brave defiance of Union's brutal and racist occupation. He grew to have a band of many die hard followers, all whom he organized into the so-called "Villista Army". The Villista Army insurgency continued during the rest of the decade and during the Second-Mexican American War, refusing to hand down their weapons after the Fall of Guadalajara. The Villista Army eventually confronted the Union Army and ORRA outside of Torreon on December 3, 1910, with the majority of the resistance army being massacred with impunity, the few survivors fleeing for their lives. Villa himself was captured by the Union Army. He was later arrested, tortured and publicly executed in the City of Durango four days after his last battle. Yet his legacy lived on, and he became on of the most popular Mexican folk heroes, both in Mexico itself and with the Mexican exile communities in Gran Columbia, Peru, Brazil, California, Europe and the Columbian Nations. A film about his life, named simply "Villa" was directed and released by Mexican-born Georgian director Javier Luis Cardenaz in 1948, the film itself a massive hit and instant classic of Georgian Cinema. Francisco Villa also became a popular character in a number of different Comic Books published in Georgia, Virginia, Cuba and Jamaica, the most famous being the Georgian Comic Book series, "The Adventures of Francisco Villa", written and drawn by Georgian Comic Book artist Irving Galbraith from 1939 to 1956.

Hi guys, I forgot to include this paragraph in my chapter, so I'll post it now.

KINGDOM OF SARDINIA

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Population on the island: 37.400.000
Population in Sardinian Tunisia: 5.600.000

HISTORY

The modern history of Sardinia begun in the late 1700s, with the rise of Napoleon and the forced exile on the island of King Charles Emanuel IV and his family. Being childless, he left the kingdom to his two brothers, Victor Emanuel I and Charles Felix I.

Victor Emanuel had a son (1), but he had died young, and Charles Felix was childless. However, he had a possible heir: his distant relative Charles Albert (2). There was just a little problem: he had been raised in France by his parents, and was a friend of Caesar Napoleon.

Rather than letting his kingdom fall under the influence of the Corsican Ogre, Charles Felix disinherited Charles Albert, and decided to appoint as heir his nephew's husband: Ferdinand of Hapsburg.(3)

In 1849, when Ferdinand arrived on the island, he adopted an orphan from a minor Italian noble family, creating the House of Hapsburg-Savoy. He also begun a policy of neutrality and isolationism, followed by all his descendants. This policy, however, wasn't an obligation: it was more of an unspoken tradition, and it could be derogated if there was a greater interest (like, for example, in 1890, when King Ferdinand II agreed to join the partition of the Ottoman North African colonies).

Currently under the young King Charles Ferdinand I, Sardinia looks at the War in Europe with worried eyes.

POLITICS AND RELIGION

Sardinia is a constitutional monarchy, with a Senate appointed entirely by the king, and a House of Deputies who are popularly elected. The king has immense reserve powers, but has rarely called on them. The leading parties are two: the left-oriented People Party and the conservative Crown Party. There's also a Republican Party, but it's insignificant: most Sardinians are devoted monarchists.

Technically, Sardinia is a Catholic country, and it follows a policy of religious tolerance. In fact, many Jews and Muslims can be found in the major cities, alongside Catholics.

ECONOMY

At first, Sardinia limited its trade to the Italian kingdoms, but after the Tripolitanian War it opened its ports to other nations (like France and the Rheinbund), exporting food, wool and minerals.

Another source of wealth is tourism: Sardinia is visited every year by thousands of people from all over Europe. Most come for the mountains, the historical sites or the beaches. However, some people come for another thing, something that has greatly upset the Vatican...

Together with Holland and Denmark-Norway, Sardinia is the only other place in Europe with state-owned brothels. Thanks to the beauty of the Sardinian women, this has been a major economical boost in the last years.

ARMED FORCES

Like Prussia under Frederick the Great, Sardinia keeps a small but well-trained army, and it has developed an impressive Air Force. However, its real strenght lies in the navy: with 340 battleships, equipped with the latest technological innovations, the Sardinian Royal Navy can give all the other nations a run for their money.

LIST OF KINGS

House of Savoy

Victor Amadeus II (1720-1730)
Charles Emanuel III (1730-1773)
Victor Amadeus III (1773-1796)
Charles Emanuel IV (1796-1806)
Victor Emanuel I (1806-1823)
Charles Felix I (1823-1849)

House of Hapsburg-Savoy

Ferdinand I (1849-1878)
Ferdinand II (1878-1904)
Ferdinand III (1904-1919)
Victor Emanuel II (1919-1937)
Charles Felix II (1937-1949)
Charles Ferdinand I (1949-1971)

NOTES:

(1):Victor Emanuel had six daughters and one son, Charles Emanuel, who died of smallpox in 1799.

(2):IOTL Charles Albert, descendant of the Savoy-Carignano line of the House of Savoy, was King of Sardinia from 1831 to 1849.

(3):In 1831 (both IOTL and ITTL) Ferdinand married Maria Anna, third daughter of Victor Emanuel I.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14881

John 1000 batteships is too much were you trying to say a 1000 ship ship fleet.

Napoleon so this world is The Thirty Years War meets World War 1 meets World war 2?:eek:

Also could I make one post about Peru in this TL?

Last edited:
Hi,Napoleon.I was thinking to write something about TTL's Jack the Ripper and Santa Claus,but first I wanted to know if you had already written or were thinking to write about them.

Another thing:in GOLDEN AGE OF ENTERTAINMENT PART 1 you mentioned a Cokie-Cola company.Who founded it ? And which colors have been used for the bottles ?

Thanks and merry Christmas.

Hi,Napoleon.I was thinking to write something about TTL's Jack the Ripper and Santa Claus,but first I wanted to know if you had already written or were thinking to write about them.

Another thing:in GOLDEN AGE OF ENTERTAINMENT PART 1 you mentioned a Cokie-Cola company.Who founded it ? And which colors have been used for the bottles ?

Thanks and merry Christmas.

Feel free to do that! Christmas, as ironic as it is, is celebrated by the Union. They just would never incorporate Santa Clause or something similar. Just for fun, I'd say he should be called Father Christmas by everyone else.

I do need to write about Cokie-Cola, don't I? I'm getting some ideas already just thinking about it. :D Anywho, I made an ad a good while back, and they use almost identical colors and design as Coca-Cola OTL (it's not ignoring butterflies, it's supposed to be as close as possible for the sake of parody):

9300129252_ceb1d96041_z.jpg

Napoleon so this world is The Thirty Years War meets World War 1 meets World war 2?:eek:

Also could I make one post about Peru in this TL?

Yes! That's exactly right! :D

Sure! Anyone can write anything for this TL, but I make no guarantee it'll be canon. I probably do need to make an Expanded Universe thread...

Republic of Peru

My take on how is Peru, THANKS NAPOLEON FOR THIS OPORTUNITY

Also before I begin ... Thanks John for giving a basic template for the countries, hope you don’t get angry

This is HEAVILY based in OTL Peruvian History in fact many of the things that passed in my take of TTL Peru passed in OTL only some facts have changed and also most of the people here are similar to their OTL counterpart

REPUBLIC OF PERU

Government Type: Democratic Republic
Population: 26,000,000
Religion: 90% Catholic, 5% Jew, 4% Muslim, 1% Protestant

HISTORY

The Republican history of Peru begins in 1823 when the first President Jose de la Riva Agüero was elected by both civilian and military circles. His period was characterized by the many “caudillos” fighting for power. He would ultimately die in 1831 during a battle fought against Jose de la Mar in Ica but would stabilize the Peruvian government long enough so a successor would be elected.

In 1832 Agustín Gamarra Messia was elected for the first of his two terms. He continued to stabilize the government. After his first 5 years he was elected once again … he wouldn’t live into his 2 year of this term.

After his assassination a Civil war erupted in Peru, those allied to late president Gamarra led by General Ramón Castilla and those against him led by General Jose Rufino Echenique. The war lasted ‘till 1845 and ended with the victory of Ramón Castilla in the Battle of La Paz.

After the war Peru started to rebuild and by hand of Ramon Castilla transformed into a regional power of the same caliber of the Gran Colombia and the Empire of Brazil.

By 1873 Peru was a stable country and almost nothing of importance passed until recent history save for a few low intensity rebellions in Andean territories.

POLITICS AND RELIGION

Peru is a democratic republic in which the power is divided in three “stages”. “El Ejecutivo” that is the president, “El Legislativo” that is the congress and “El Judicial” that is the justice system.

The Constitution makes rule that the president rules for 5 years with the option of being reelected for another 5 years. The president then can’t until another term have passed. Also no one can be elected for president more than two different times. Basically someone can get 5-10 years as president then it would have to wait 5-10 years before entering another election run as presidential option and then it can have another 5-10 year run, after that that person can’t be elected again. This system was created by Ramon Castilla after the Peruvian Civil War. Currently there are 5 different parties.

The Conservatory Party
The Liberal Party
The Civilist Party
The Beutelist Party
The Fascist Party

Due to the political attack that both Beutelist and Fascist parties have organized the congress is currently debating if to illegalize both of them. Currently the votes are:

30% Illegalize
20% Maintain Legal
50% Doesn’t Say

Another interesting note is that for most of Peruvian history the presidents had been military generals, this is an unexpected fallout of the work of both Riva Agüero and Ramón Castilla.

In the Religious part, Peru had been a Catholic country since is conquest by the Spanish Empire, the Independence didn't changed that fact as the church continued to have power within the Peruvian government (though in recent years it have diminished a bit). Among other religions Jews and some Muslims also live in Peru. Both groups arrived during the "Virreynato" and suffered a low strength percussion that ended during the independence. Still the populations of both groups are minimal compared to the catholic one. Good thing to as the last war is also starting to take religious tint.

ECONOMY

Peru was during the "Virreynato" and most of its republican history a natural resources (mainly mineral) exporter. That trend continued with the exports of both "Salitre" and "Guano" and after that "Caucho".

Recently however the government has started to develop national industry making use of the huge resource available in Peruvian territories.

Still many social problems were left aside, mainly the population in the mountain regions. After many armed incidents and a near civil war the Peruvian government has just started to modernize the Andes and Amazon regions to surprisingly great effect. Still many analysts suggest that the mountain regions will come near the coastal regions in over 3 decades at least.

ARMED FORCES

The Armed Forces of Peru are divided in three branches:

Army
Navy
Air Force

The Army currently has a total man power of 650,000 with more in training professional troops and is by far the biggest branch of the Peruvian Armed Forces.

Much of the army organization is based in the French Empire Armed Forces.

The Equipment of the Peruvian army is as diverse as the conditions it has to fight in. Desert Units make heavy use of armored and mechanized forces supplemented by a big number of artillery and standard infantry. In the Mountains the Peruvian army makes use of light infantry with a few mountain artillery batteries and light armored vehicles. In the amazon jungle the Peruvian army makes use of specially trained divisions.

The Navy is also extremely big composed by 2 Aircraft Carriers 3 Battleships and numerous cruisers and destroyers. In fact are so important those last forces in the Peruvian navy, the Light Cruisers and Destroyers forces are the most modern ships in the Peruvian Navy. Also there is a big Naval Infantry Force that works most of the time as highly trained Shock Troopers.

The Air Force is comparably the smallest of the Peruvian Armed Forces but is by no means incapable. Peru use to great effect ground support aircraft in one of the few variations from French Tactics and Strategies. Fighters also make an important part of the Air Force with Heavy Bombers and Blimps the smallest part.

Recently Peru has started to make its own equipment and weaponry adapted to its national conditions. By doing it however it have interestingly take a path similar to the Russian Empire, that is rugged, simple to use and maintain equipment.

Since the World War had started and the Union advances towards South America the Peruvian Armed Forces are in constant alert hoping that the Union don't look over to Peru.

Also an interesting note is that much like the Russians, Peru have monks attached to its units to help the troops maintain morale and a person who is happy to hear them and lend support. With the years it proved very effective.

LIST OF REPUBLIC OF PERU PRESIDENTS

Jose de la Riva Agüero (1823-1825)
Francisco Xavier Luna de Pizarro (1825-1827) (Named by Riva Agüero as interim president)
José Bernardo de Tagle (1827-1832) (Replacement of Francisco Luna after his death)
Agustín Gamarra Messía (1832-1839)
Peruvian Civil War (1839-1845)
Ramón Castilla (1845-1855)
Juan Manuel del Mar (1855-1865)
Jose Miguel Medina (1865-1875)
Mariano Ignacio Prado Ochoa (1875-1880)
Luis La Puerta Mendoza (1880-1890)
Miguel Grau Seminario (1890-1900)
Nicolas de Pierola (1900-1910)
Miguel Grau Seminario (1910-1920)
Guillerno Bullinghurst Angulo (1920-1930)
Luis Miguel Sanchez Cerro (1930-1931)
Gustavo A. Jimenez (1931-1935)
Eloy G. Ureta (1935-1940)
Juan Velasco Alvarado (1940-1945)
Nicolas Lindley Lopez (1945-1955)
Juan Velasco Alvarado (1955-1960)

NOTES:

To be filled later, there are so many points that it isn’t even funny

Also whatever idea you have feel free to write it I would help a lot ... apart from that English is my second language so be nice in case of grammar errors

Last edited:
I loved both John Sprangler's Sardinia and doorcf's Peru updates. :D I'll write my own Madnessverse country profile on the Republic of Cuba, what with Cuba being one of the countries of my ancestry and all.

Also doorcf, aside from grammar errors, I noticed an error. Chile never became independent ITTL, and was always a part of Peru.

I loved both John Sprangler's Sardinia and doorcf's Peru updates. :D I'll write my own Madnessverse country profile on the Republic of Cuba, what with Cuba being one of the countries of my ancestry and all.

Also doorcf, aside from grammar errors, I noticed an error. Chile never became independent ITTL, and was always a part of Peru.

Oh! THANKS, both of the review and that fact I will change it right now

Edit: CHANGED!

@Doorcf: Great job! One thing though: there is no Karl Marx ITTL, so it wouldn't be called the Marxist party. There is far-left redistributive socialism ITTL, but no actual communism. TTL's answer to Marx is Meinrad Beutel, Hessian radical socialist-anarchist.

Guess who's back, guys? That's right, NEW OFFICIAL CHAPTER! :D

RISE OF THE RUSSIAN BEAR
21_mayday8.jpg

Sergei Romanov was an ambitious man. Following his mother Catherine's retirement (because of old age) in 1953, he had become Prime Minister of the Russian Republic. In early 1954, he had passed sweeping new legislation effectively returning his family to a position of royalty (though it was never called that openly). The office of President of Russia was absorbed into the Prime Ministership, and the formerly self-controlled civil government of the nation was absorbed into the military government, creating an imperialistic, center-left, military dictatorship. Sergei refused to form an alliance with the League or the Alliance, seeing them both as "morally bankrupt and inferior" to the mighty Russian Bear. He began to make his citizens see themselves as the rightful masters of Eurasia, and that the time had come for all of the old Napoleonic powers to finally be taken down a notch. In late 1955, following the eruption of the World War, Sergei Romanov summoned his advisers and his elderly mother to the Kremlin. It was there that they agreed the time had come "to secure the Motherland's place under the sun." This meant one thing: oil.

220px-Georgy-malenkov_colour.jpg

Sergei Romanov

Oil was the main export of Russia, and it was the most sought-after object on the planet. Sergei wanted to declare war on everyone and storm Europe in a frenzy of bloody, glorious "liberation." However, he realized that would be monumentally stupid, as it risked causing a cease-fire and possible coalition by the League of Nations and the Grand Alliance against Russia. So instead Sergei put forward a new plan: take over the Middle East, which meant taking control of the world's oil supply. Te other largest producers, Texas, Canada, and Quebec, were all now part of the Republican Union. The Union couldn't ship its oil effectively to Britain, Prussia, and Scandinavia, due to hostile Ireland and the fleets of League submarines torpedoing their shipping vessels. On mainland Europe, the League needed oil to keep its submarines and planes and landships running to keep the Union from getting its oil through. It was a win-win situation for Russia. If it could sell oil to both sides, it could amass a fortune and be able to beat whoever would win the World War. Russia's arms manufacturing sector would benefit greatly as well, supplying all sides with weapons, ammunition, and equipment. Sergei said to his generals, "All that Russia has to do is spur on this war. Spur on the killing and murder. Let the cocks fight. And while they do, Mother Russia will be in the shadows, preparing its forces for a new war. A war which will finally show who will be master of this planet from here to Judgement Day."

On Christmas Day, 1955, Russian forces crossed the border into the Sublime State of Persia. An overwhelming, awe-inspiring invasion, the Persian troops were hopelessly outgunned. Fereydoun Mirza Shah Qajar, the reigning Persian shah knew the Fifth Russo-Persian War was the last one. He boarded a plane in Tehran and fled south, hoping to find safety in southern Arabia. En route, however, the Kurdish Aeroforce forced his plane to land and captured him. He was taken to Baghdad and, while treated respectfully, was put under heavy guard in a government facility underground. Kurdish troops then crossed the border themselves, making the whole conflict laughably one-sided. Following four days of intense bombing campaigns and landship offensives, Persia's government and military collapsed. As the West "celebrated" the dawn of the New Year, on January 1st, 1956, Russia declared victory and annexed Persia into its borders.

images

Persian loyalists defend their nation to the last man

other_none847.jpg

Russian troops on the advance in Persia

The oil flowed like blood. This worried the rapidly-modernizing Empire of Egypt and Sudan, who had also wanted to play both sides of the oil markets. And indeed, devout Muslims in Egypt wanted Sultan-Emperor Isma'il III to declare Jihad on Russia for attacking another Muslim country, Persia, and forcing Christianity upon it (Russia had banned Burqas and other traditional Muslim clothes and practices immediately after victory in the war). However, Isma'il wasn't about to do something so utterly foolhardy. There was no practical way for Egypt to win a war against Russia. Russia's major cities were hundreds and thousands of miles north. Any fighting would be on Egyptian soil. Still, there was a major ongoing diplomatic crisis between Egypt and Russia in early 1956. In late February, General Hasim Anass Fahim Alim Kader was sent to Moscow and St. Petersburg in a series of diplomatic talks. In April, the two nations finally agreed to put there differences aside and form an alliance. This move was largely driven on by the secularists in both nations, and especially Egypt. Russia and its satellite Kurdistan signed the Transcontinental Trade Treaty with Egypt and its satellite Iraq. When tensions flared between the Kurds and the Iraqis during the talks, Russia promised both of them would pay with their independence if they broke the peace. Unsurprisingly, Kurdistan and Iraq fell into place.

Thus, as the world still was being shocked by the bloodshed and violence going on in Europe and North America, the Eastern World was forming an unholy alliance centered around oil and guns. Egypt's nominally friendly relations with the Tripartite Empire balanced out Russia's unfriendly relations with it. It was a third side, a neutral side.

Meanwhile, back in Persia and Russia's other Muslim-majority regions, new laws were created that helped to undermine the resistance movements there. The new laws furthered once of Russia's favorite cultural traits: women's rights. Suddenly, Persian women found themselves stripped of their burqas and given the right to vote. In mass droves, Persian women supported the occupational government. Any Muslims who objected to the new laws were imprisoned or beaten by the police. By 1960, Sergei Romanov said, Persia would be firmly loyal to Moscow.

women.jpg

Persian female sailors in the Russian Navy, 1957

nc14.jpg

Ethnic Persian Russian National Guardsmen bail out of a Ulyanov Motors landship on training exercises, circa 1957

Last edited:
Are the non-Perisians (as in Azeris, Balouch, Turkmen, Arabs, Etc.) getting any extra autonomy? Will the Russians stick to taking in the non-Sunni, meaning they move into Oman soon? And most importantly, has the large amount of unpopulated areas in Persia or places on either of their coasts been opened up to the Cossacks and other settlers?

Are the non-Perisians (as in Azeris, Balouch, Turkmen, Arabs, Etc.) getting any extra autonomy? Will the Russians stick to taking in the non-Sunni, meaning they move into Oman soon?

And most importantly, has the large amount of unpopulated areas in Persia or places on either of their coasts been opened up to the Cossacks and other settlers?

Arabs are probably treated a little better, because they don't want to offend Egypt, but other than that, they're all forced to be Russian.

Oh yeah, Russia will try to send settlers down like crazy. They want it Russianized as soon as possible. The way of the cossacks is largely dead by this point though. TTL's Russia is far more industrial and modernized than OTL Russia.

TTL's Russia seems like a pretty good place, actually, especially compared to OTL's Soviet Union and TTL's other countries.

TTL's Russia seems like a pretty good place, actually, especially compared to OTL's Soviet Union and TTL's other countries.

Scaringly true ... for now ... well now we only need the proverbial arab bomb and we are done for 30 years war mk 2.0

Wait what about far east religions, are they going to join this mess?

Also does the russian have the AK family?

Last edited:
Thanks,Napoleon.Here's the chapter.

THE REAPER AND THE COLONEL

December 11, 1891, Shicagwa

Young Grigori Rasputin was going back home after a hard day of work at the Goodyear Tire Company. It had been another humiliating day, where he had been beaten repeatedly by CGEWSF men, but at least it had been pay day. "Tomorrow I'll be able to buy those medicines for mom and dad, finally!", he thought.

When he was almost arrived at home, he noticed something strange: a body under a street-lamp. At first, he thought it was another drunkard fallen asleep, but when he got near it he realized it was an ORRA officer. And he wasn't sleeping: he wasn't even drunk. He had been killed, gutted like a fish, and his bowels had been used like a necklace.

Grigori was so scared by the sight that he ran home screaming like a banshee(1).

The next day, the streets were full of police and ORRA officers. Grigori was soon arrested and charged with the murder. He resisted two days of brutal interrogations, always claiming his innocence, but he wasn't believed. In the end, he was executed by a firing squad, together with his family.

Two days later, a letter arrived at the Shicagwa Police Department:

"Dear gentlemen,

What do you think of my Christmas gift ? Yes, I know it's early. But I was afraid I couldn't make it in time, so I anticipated it. It is the first of a long series of gifts, all for you and our beloved First Chief Consul. I love him so much. Don't worry, you'll hear from me soon.

Greetings,
Hank the Reaper"​

This sent everybody into a panic. Custer unleashed all of his men to find the assassin, sending them into every corner of Shicagwa.

Their efforts were in vain: they found no traces of the Reaper. Two weeks later, on Christmas morning, another body was found, this time in front of the Police Department. It was another ORRA officer, and he hadn't just been gutted: his stomach and lungs had been removed, and replaced with excrements. There was also a letter in his mouth:

"Hello gentlemen, I'm back! Merry Christmas! I hope this was of your liking. And dear Custer: the next gift will be for you and you only!".

In fact, half an hour later, all of the MDP men guarding Custer's winter residence were found dead, their throats slashed and their eye sockets empty. Needless to say, Custer was scared to death.

The following weeks were a blur of investigations and brutal raids into "Inferior" neighborhoods: in fact, the most credible hypothesis was that an "Inferior" was behind the murders. Despite all the efforts, the police found nothing, and the murders continued at the ritm of once every two weeks, always with the same form: a dismembered body, always an ORRA officer, and a letter from the killer.

Suddenly, the murders stopped. It was believed that the assassin had died, or that he had decided to just stop killing. This proved to be false.

On April 1, 1892, the head of the ORRA Shicagwa Section was found dead in his bed, together with his wife. They had been tied together, in a gruesome parody of the missionary position. Their bowels had been burned in the fire-place, and their genitals were later found in the kitchen, on a plate with some broad beans and a glass of red wine. There was no letter, this time.

After this, Custer decided he had had enough: he ordered a witch hunt all over the nation, threatening his subordinates with various punishments in case they failed to find the assassin. Indeed, at the end of April, they found him. Or better, they accused someone and hoped he was the assassin.

On April 30th, Irish immigrant Abraham Stoker was accused of the murders with a fake proof, and was executed by a firing squad. Luckily, after that, there were no more murders. Maybe Stoker was really the assassin: it will be never known. What is certain is that, outside of the Union, Hank the Reaper became an element of the popular culture. In the Southron Nations, mothers used Hank as a scarecrow to force their children to not go out at night, and the governments took him as a way to ridiculize the Union. He also started to appear in novels, even in Europe, where the Dutch writer Abraham Van Helsing(2) made him the main character of the novel "The legend of Hank the Reaper". He even appeared in some movies, during the 1940s.

Recently, during the War, Union officers in Maryland and Québec have been found horribly slaughtered in their beds, with letters announcing the return of the Reaper.

Another element of the popular culture, this time positive for the Union, was Colonel Klaus.

Based on Saint Nicholas (a Saint associated with Christmas in Protestant and Orthodox nations), Colonel Klaus was invented in early 1902 by Warren G. Harding as a propaganda tool for the Custer Youth Brigade. A tall, grey-bearded man, dressed in a white Army uniform(3) to symbolize the "pureness of the Betters of Society", he appeared at first on posters promising Christmas gifts to all good American children who would join the Brigade and obey the First Chief Consul.

It was an immediate success: almost one million boys gathered at the first rally in Philadelphia, on July 4th. That Christmas, all of them received special gifts.

The idea was so good that it was soon copied: the Cokie Cola Company created Grandpa Nick the following year. A fat, white-bearded man, dressed in the colors of the Company, he became soon extremely popular with children in all of the Southron Nations. With his jolly laughter and a grandpa-like aptitude, he was the exact opposite of Colonel Klaus.

Later, Colonel Klaus started to appear on everything associated with the CYB, expecially on propaganda posters for the Missionary War (The most famous of this posters was one where he was slaughtering Korean troops with a Colt Coffee Grinder in each hand). Even the Goodyear Company used him to advertize some of its products, like the Republica Beer. From 1949 he appeared in comics alongside characters like the ManBat and Colonel Union, and in 1952 he became the co-protagonist of the movie "Pennsylvania Jack saves Christmas", with Harry Truman as Colonel Klaus. The plot had Remmy Romain trying to kill First Chief Consul Steele on Christmas Day: after two hours and half of extreme violence, he is stopped by the joint forces of Colonel Klaus and Pennsylvania Jack, who are personally thanked by Steele.

Recently, actors have been payed to impersonate Colonel Klaus and visit Union troops on the various fronts, bringing gifts and encouraging them to fight.

NOTES:

(1):The banshee is a spirit from some old legends of the British Islands.

(2):Abraham Van Helsing was born in Amsterdam in 1850. A very prolific author, he is known mostly for the "Prince Vlad" series, where he tells the story of Vlad of Valahia, warlord and vampire. He died in 1917 in his bed. Strangely, he was found with almost no blood and two little holes on his neck.

(3):Colonel Klaus's look is based on Monkey D. Garp, a character from the Japanese cartoon One Piece.

Great new update Napo. :D I can see Russia marching into French China and Unionite Korea pretty soon. Have to admit, that would be pretty awesome. :cool::D

Only error I see that Baghdad shouldn't bee the capital of Kurdistan, but the capital of Iraq. Why not make the capital of Kurdistan Mosul?

Also, my next guest chapter is almost done. Here's a redone 1955 map, with some new developments from my next guest chapter. Also Mysore is a French protectorate, and for the record, its been so since a pro-French coup occurred in 1933 (Since Napo mentioned Mysore as a French Protectorate in his National Anthems video, I figured the maps should show that).

WMIT 1955.png

Last edited:
To Napoleon:I've noticed that your chapters are getting more and more creepy.Sometimes I think that you are a non-human entity that feeds on dread.

To Doorcf:Your chapter about Peru is really good.And don't worry,I'm not angry,that template isn't even mine(I copied it from another TL).

To everybody:Just to tease you,here's a little preview of my THE ITALIAN SIDE OF THE WAR:pART 2(which will be posted after Napoleon will have concluded 1956).Happy New Year.

"With over 500.000 soldiers and civilians dead, 1956 will be forever remembered in Italy as "l'anno d'inferno". The only good news came from Africa, where the Italian Colonial Troops gained significant victories against their enemies (For example in October, after two months of siege, the troops on the Senegalese border were finally able to wipe out an American invasion force led by General Anthony "Iron Man" Stark."

Happy Snip

Thanks, With your idea of the Italian war I was thinking doing the South American Front

Basically is this:

Colombia will burn, Brazil will suffer and Peru will be left only with Chile ... for the first part ... for the second part ... if SA manage to get back their territories is another question

Last edited:
@Zoid: The map looks good! Now we need one showing how the world looks in 1956, with the Union annexing Maryland and Canada and the Australia region getting shaken up. :)

-THE CAMPS-
10276044993_5d41fb51d1.jpg

Since as far back as the early 1800s, the Union had run prison ("reeducation") camps in the Ohio Country of Pennsylvania. But it was under Custer that they went full-speed ahead on creating massive, sprawling facilities capable of producing armaments, ammunition, vehicles, uniforms, and other military goods. Under Joe Steele, though, things began to take a darker turn than forced labor and brainwashing.

zelm_1940s.png

Doctor Midas Goldstein, "The Black Jew of Camp 222"

Doctor Midas Goldstein was appointed "Chief Camp Counselor of Camp Sector 12" in 1951, overseeing Camp 222 and its sub-facilities, covering the area outside of Toledo. The pale, scrawny, bespectacled man had been born in 1908 to a wealthy Jewish banker and his German-American wife in New York City. As a young man he showed great talent with the piano, and his mother wanted him to become a concert pianist. Midas's father Jacob hated this idea, instead wanting him to become a banker like himself. Jacob had named him Midas because of the legendary character's habit of "turning everything to gold," a metaphor for what he wanted his son to do on the stock market floors. Midas hated both his parents' ideas. Instead, he loved science. He took money his father had saved for him and ran away from home to Shicagwa. Originally, he had totally upright and respectable aims: to help the sick and fight disease (he was especially interested in curing polio). But things changed when he discovered he could enter medical school cheaper under a military scholarship. In 1925, he graduated from the Shicagwa School of Medicine and Science and went to work at government labs all over the country. In between trying to cure disease, he developed new chemical and biological warfare weapons, such as "ultra-chlorine gas," a much more lethal and powerful version of the normal chlorine gas.

In 1931, Goldstein was put under government monitoring because of complaints registered by his assistants about his "total and utter insanity." His female assistants told of being groped in the labs, and his male assistants told of being punched and of having acid thrown on them. "Goldstein is out of control," said one fellow doctor after a visit to Midas's labs. "He is careless, quick-to-anger, has total disregard for human life, and is just plain evil." Steele began to talk of Goldstein as the "Mad Dog of the Science Bureau." In 1935, Goldstein published Anglo-Saxon Ascendant, over 300 pages of hate-filled insanity giving a bizarre origin story for the various races on the Earth (that all others except his chosen elect were descendents of monkeys and the Biblical "Beast of the Field"), and why the "white, brown-haired, green-eyed Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic man must in the end annihilate all other races." "Survival of the fittest," he said, "will stop only when total victory over the monkey-men savages, such as the Irish, Chinamen, and the Papist Latins, has been achieved, and the Star Spangled Banner waves proudly over the land of the free and the home of the brave, that home being the entire planet. Indeed, Manifest Destiny, our national creed, is survival of the fittest. It is not if we destroy the Inferiors, it is when. It is divinely-ordained that we cleanse this planet and become the Fittest, the master race."

6260355608537793.jpg

Illustration from Anglo-Saxon Ascendant

Anglo-Saxon Ascendant got the government off his back. It sold over 10 million copies within a year of publication, and was made mandatory reading in all schools. Joe Steele said of it, "This is the most vivid, most profound, and most godly chronicle of America's struggle ever written. This is what Manifest Destiny is all about. All hail the Fittest! All hail the most proletarian free white peoples of America!" Steele began personally corresponding with Goldstein, pushing the scientist's insanity along. In 1945, after years of research, Goldstein produced the first cure for polio ever. It was to be his last worthwhile gift to mankind. In 1945, he became a "Camp Counselor" at Reeducation Camp 101, near Shicagwa. There, as evidenced in his writings, he became firmly convinced that "All Irish people, all Latins, and all Papists are nothing more than disgusting pigs. Horsewhip them and get what use you can out of them, and then put them down like the animals they are. Every day I stay here I grow more and more weary of being surrounded by these Inferior mongrels. If I had my way, we'd go room to room, clearing these bastards out once and for all. We let these pigs breed, here in the camps and out in the slums, we let the survive. They are in the shadows. These anarchists and libertarians and socialists are waiting to overthrow us and set back our glorious Destiny. The longer they are around, the more there will be of them. They will rise up. They need to be shot like cattle."

Joe Steele couldn't agree more. The growing threat of anarchist subversion and uprising was getting bigger every day. Every day, stories came out about ORRA men stopping a plot to blow up a government building, liberate a camp, or do some other anti-government activity. Around 1950, Steele began toying around with the ideas that would found the future "Operation: End Phase," a plan to kill every single non-white, Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic man, woman, and child in the Republican Union. According to eyewitnesses of the meetings, Steele proposed going house to house, shooting every Inferior in site. One of his advisers, Enoch Thompson of New Jersey, objected, saying, "It's impossible to kill every Inferior here. We can't just murder them all." Steele responded, "Why in the Hell not, Nuckie? Murdering people works pretty good, or do I need to review the last 5000 years of human history with you again, you limp-wristed man-child?" It was then that Goldstein stood up at the table, and proclaimed, "I have the solution. We kill them off. But we don't kill them. We sterilize them. No international outrage, no uprising. Just a slow but steady demise of their entire species, until an Irishman is as rare a zebra in Central Park."

Thus, Operation: Final Phase was created to sterilize the Union's Inferior population. New laws made it illegal for an Inferior to have any more than two children. All Inferior births were to be overseen by ORRA staff. Every Inferior was to be given a "tag," a brand of sorts, with a number and a series of lines which could be scanned by a computer at a government office. Every Inferior's life would watched, at all times, by the government. They would be given lists of what they could or could not buy or own. They would report every action and movement in their lives to the government. They would not own cars. They would drive on government trucks and buses to designated work areas. Freedom died for the Inferiors in 1951, that is, whatever scraps of freedom the government had permitted them since the beginning of the "War of the Fittest" in the 1800s.

images

A view of Reeducation Camp 222, circa 1951

a9d608b87ee464a8dc29f0de5079d195.wix_mp_1024

An ORRA camp counselor squad member passes out cigarettes to Catholic campers in this propaganda photo from 1955

When Goldstein took power of Camp 222 in 1951, he became known as the "Black Jew, or "Doctor Death." While his men did perform the planned sterilizations, he personally was more sadistic. He would pick random "campers" and perform evil experiments on them just for the thrill of it. When a riot broke out in 1952 because of widespread starvation, Goldstein ruthlessly crushed it, in the end slaughtering over 70,000 prisoners in about two months. Burning piles of corpses formed smoke pillars in the Toledo sky. Tanks shoved remains into crudely-dug pits, creating mass graves. One camp counselor described it as "apocalyptic, but glorious and God-ordained." During the worst of the "fighting" during the 1952 riot, a group of 50 camp counselors equipped with combat rifles, bayonets, and grenades rushed a crowd of defenseless Irish prisoners, screaming, "Let's whup 'em for Jesus, boys! USA! USA! USA!" Those same guards were a part of the ORRA 13th Mechanized Unit, to become infamous during the Siege of Baltimore. Thirty members of the "Bad Luck Brigade" formed Doctor Goldstein's personal bodyguard at his mansion on the east end of the camp.

a9ca47a1284053f464b905de564b2e35.jpg

ORRA troopers from the 13th Mechanized Unit photographed next to a pile of bodies during the 1952 Reeducation Camp 222 Riots

Over the next several years, Goldstein became almost like Satan, ceaselessly tormenting the "campers" day and night. When the war came, he drove them in the factories like slaves. ORRA troopers with clubs and whips brutally beat or killed any who were too slow or those who "didn't have a Christian work ethic." Goldstein went completely insane, picking random camp girls to rape, becoming addicted to his own drugs, and ordering the deaths of prisoners who "looked at him funny." Only the most sadistic of guards, or "camp counselors," stayed at Camp 222, since regulations said they could transfer to another camp if they ever wished. The 13th ORRA Mechanized Unit formed the bulk of the guard force, and that was largely what turned them into the most soulless bunch of murderers the world had seen since the Mongol Horde. When the League of Nations began to discover during the war the true extent of the horror of the reeducation camps, they made a concerted effort to kill members of the 13th. George Washington VIII, when reading spy reports about the camps, said to his officer staff, "By golly, I'm going to make these bastards pay. I'm gonna go up North and kill all these sonsofbitches." That statement was made in March, 1956, three months prior to what would become known as the Gettysburg Campaign...

Last edited: