WI: All Nazi Party members executed after WWII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So "Life? Membership? Hmmm. Life... Membership? What to chose, what to chose?"
Well, yes - and wouldn't the Soviets who walked everyone through show trials would be quite fine with that? ;)

I think the way it transpired in actuality was the best way to deal with this kind of things. The people for whom it could be proven were actually commiting crimes were tried and executed.
I agree. Actual actions should be punished, not joining an organization. Though, on the other hand, I have an urge to say the Nazis themselves should be forced to denounce Nazi ideology... but on the gripping hand, I oppose government-compelled speech. Let my idea stay as an alternate history.

Well, there is a bit of a difference between the two.

The vast majority of the Original Americans died from accidental exposure to European diseases. Not that the early explorers would have really cared, but it was not intentional, or even a matter of indifference since the entire concept of "germs" was centuries into the future.

Even the specific campaigns by the various colonial powers (and eventually the independent states that developed, including the U.S.) to suppress/push out the Native Americans were not designed to take every single Mohawk or Paiute, place them into a concentration camp and intentionally work them to death. The treatment of the Native populations by the colonial powers (particularly by the U.S. post Civil war) is inexcusable and classic examples of ethnic cleansing but it is still several orders of magnitude below the Reich or this plan to emulate the Reich.

For what it's worth, I was referring to post-plague actions, especially the stuff that got Hitler excited according to a number of accounts.

Some say Hitler drew inspiration from how the American government acted viz Native Americans.

http://www.operationmorningstar.org/Hitlers Inspiration For Concentration Camps.htm

...In many of his speeches he [Hitler] referred with admiration to the victory of the white race in settling the American continent and driving out the inferior peoples, the Indians. With great fascination he listened to stories, which some of his associates who had been in America told him about the massacres of the Indians by the U.S. Calvary.

He was very interested in the way the Indian population had rapidly declined due to epidemics and starvation when the United States government forced them to live on the reservations. He thought the American government's forced migrations of the Indians over great distances to barren reservation land was a deliberate policy of extermination....

And from John Toland, preeminent biographer of Adolf Hitler:

Hitler's concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa And for the Indians in the Wild West; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America's extermination-by starvation and uneven combat-of the 'Red Savages' who could not be tamed by captivity. (John Toland, "Adolf Hitler" Vol II, p 802, Doubleday & Co, 1976)

http://www.jewishjournal.com/sacred...ation_and_guide_the_native_american_holocaust

Hitler’s Inspiration and Guide: The Native American Holocaust

...The film talked about The Long Walk of the Navajo, which was the 1864 deportation and attempted ethnic cleansing of the Navajo people by the U.S. government. 8,000 Navajos were forced to walk more than 300 miles at gunpoint from their ancestral homelands in northeastern Arizona and northwestern New Mexico to an internment camp in Bosque Redondo, which was a desolate tract on the Pecos River in eastern New Mexico. Many died along the way. From 1863 to 1868, the U.S. Military persecuted and imprisoned 9,500 Navajo (the Diné) and 500 Mescalero Apache (the N’de). Living under armed guards, in holes in the ground, with extremely scarce rations, it is no wonder that more than 3,500 Navajo and Mescalero Apache men, women, and children died while in the concentration camp.

During the film I learned about something that shook me to my core that I had not heard before. I learned that the genocidal mentality and actions of the U.S. policy makers would find similar expression years later when the Nazis, under Hitler, studied the plans of Bosque Redondo to design the concentration camps for Jews.

And there's allegations about Hitler being into American eugenics advocates.
http://hnn.us/article/1796

Last edited:
What if, instead of executing all erstwhile NSDAP members, the Allies (at least the WAllies) decided to castrate all male members instead unless they decided to resist, which would be punishable by death?

If cooperation meant merely being rendered a eunuch rather than executed for rebellion, would that have been sufficiently humane enough to encourage the erstwhile Nazis to disarm and fall in line? It would have allowed them to live their lives while ensuring they couldn't spread their beliefs and prejudices to offspring.

What if, instead of executing all erstwhile NSDAP members, the Allies (at least the WAllies) decided to castrate all male members instead unless they decided to resist, which would be punishable by death?

If cooperation meant merely being rendered a eunuch rather than executed for rebellion, would that have been sufficiently humane enough to encourage the erstwhile Nazis to disarm and fall in line? It would have allowed them to live their lives while ensuring they couldn't spread their beliefs and prejudices to offspring.

WTF.

Castration for one's political beliefs is not much more humane or civilized than killing people for their political beliefs.

"Can somebody close this shit down please?"

Seconded. This thread has moved beyond discussing a hypothetical question and is becoming sick.

I do have a few questions.

On point 2, You're pretty much stripping property from entire nations.

On point 3, who the hell is going to vote?

On point 2. Not necesarily. What could be distributed is not the property itself, but funds derived from its sale. Non-Nazi Germans might even be given first dibs to buy the Nazi's property, so in an indirect way their money also assists the victims.

On point 3. I don't exactly understand the comment. Obviosuly the majority of Germans will be able to vote when a reformed Germany (or Germanies) are created. The majority of Germans were not membersof the Nazi Party.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

Wow. It isn't every day you get to Ban a Canadian. Usually you guys are, well, sane.

Guess you need exceptions to every rule.

We divorce you.

To Coventry with you.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Okay, that's THREE Bans in four pages. Clearly this thread is chum for insane revenge fantasies.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.