Alternate world Propaganda

Virginian Republic propaganda celebrating President Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's abolition of slavery. By the 1880s, the rapidly industrializing Republic of Virginia no longer needed slave labor, as new immigrants were eager to work for little pay. Virginia experienced a huge economic boom, and the metropolis of Newport News became the fourth largest industrial center in the world (behind Paris, Berlin, and Dortmund).

9243700291_6bff2a1f2f_o.png

:D

Would you mind if I borrow these and write my own text? It'd fit perfectly with my Madness TL. :)
I found the originals online looking for WWI propaganda posters. The second one is technically the main picture, inserted into that one with New York being bombed for liberty loans, and removing its text and main image.

Ah, this is the one:
http://vintagewarposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/That-Liberty-Shall-Not-Perish1.jpg

But sure, go ahead and borrow them.

I found the originals online looking for WWI propaganda posters. The second one is technically the main picture, inserted into that one with New York being bombed for liberty loans, and removing its text and main image.

Ah, this is the one:
http://vintagewarposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/That-Liberty-Shall-Not-Perish1.jpg

But sure, go ahead and borrow them.

Thanks! I've never seen them before (which is odd considering I've spent hours looking at WWI posters). I'll post my results shortly. :)

Thanks! I've never seen them before (which is odd considering I've spent hours looking at WWI posters). I'll post my results shortly. :)
You're welcome. Trying my third attempt at writing a timeline about a two-term James Garfield, and these are some attempts at future propaganda (it's hard to find any war propaganda between the Civil War and WWI...not even much for Spanish-American War.)

9258344020_ca830dcd6b_z.jpg

"The Chesapeake Republic of Maryland shall repel the Yankee Fascists! Their genocide at Baltimore shall never be forgotten!"

This poster also shows Maryland's basic uniform. It's rust colored, based on the Maryland flag.

The line is from the Maryland anthem: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IYjvCv8g2E" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IYjvCv8g2E</a>

Deleted member 70671

9247001130_3aab4a7616_z.jpg

I'm quite pleased with this little song I came up with. You can actually sing it to the REAL Horst Wessel Lied. :D

Melody-wise i think that "his very last breath" would sound a bit better, tho.
What TL is this? Those independent american republics posters got me interested.

And now for something completely different... (and my first submission on this thread...)
RfWfi6Ml.jpg

"Leagues of Hell to Madrid"
"Your duty is to work [hard] every day"
"Report for a war job assignment at your nearest [national] service office"

-----------------
Context/work of origin: Personal.

The context in this is from an alternate world in which the Mexican Empire managed to survive to the present day. The subsequent butterflies also allowed to Spain to keep Peru and most of its overseas colonial possessions, the United States and Mexico are locked in an almost eternal rivalry similar to the Franco-German one (a long story... that also involves Texas, New England and Deseret), and many other things.
However, about this poster: Spain underwent an Anarchist revolution; the King fled to Perú, along with many industrialists, refugees, and whatnot. The poster here vows for revenge against the Anarchists in the Iberian peninsula and the subsequent Second Reconquista.
This is from a personal unpublished project. I might post up the timeline once I have a few chapters cooked up and ready to publish, considering that most of the things I've written about it consist on events from the 1965-1990 timeframe in that ATL, with only passing references to the events that made that world.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I love the detail of the seal at the bottom and such. You should post this TL sometime!

I'd love to, but I'd get lynched for posting "ASB stuff", namely, a Mexican Empire (the first one) giving a severe beating to the U.S., an earlier German Unification, an earlier collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and many other "unique" things.

But I'll give it a try someday, and see what kind of stuff will happen. (Then again, if written well, people won't give a damn... until they overthink about that too well)

I'll post up another propaganda poster from that universe soon enough.

I'd love to, but I'd get lynched for posting "ASB stuff", namely, a Mexican Empire (the first one) giving a severe beating to the U.S., an earlier German Unification, an earlier collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and many other "unique" things.

But I'll give it a try someday, and see what kind of stuff will happen. (Then again, if written well, people won't give a damn... until they overthink about that too well)

I'll post up another propaganda poster from that universe soon enough.

just post the TL in the ASB section, no one can say then you weren't upfront about it.

9280037315_402e5ebbd5_z.jpg

:D:eek: I changed the eyes to bright green because the Union's standard of beauty and purity is brown hair and green eyes.

just post the TL in the ASB section, no one can say then you weren't upfront about it.

Seconded! I told this to one of my friends who's afraid to post his stuff on here due to the Plausibility Polizia. :p

Seconded! I told this to one of my friends who's afraid to post his stuff on here due to the Plausibility Polizia. :p
Really?

Well, I might do so later on. Most of my chapters are in Spanish, though, so it will be a while till I get translating and finishing the whole "novella" proper.

:D:eek: I changed the eyes to bright green because the Union's standard of beauty and purity is brown hair and green eyes.

Good one! I can start noticing the (already) racist vibes from the R.U., and the incoming world of hurt.

----------------------------

Another one from this timeline of mine. This time from Deseret. Who have fully embraced the Deseret alphabet, mostly, as a way to distance themselves from those warmongers in Washington, and to provide a lot more "uniqueness" to their own culture. Then again, the Mexican Empire more or less helped them prop up as a buffer between the Brits, the Gringos and themselves. Later on, as in immigration started to pour into Deseret (mostly from Britain at first, and later on from China, after the Qing fell to the Taiping Tianguo), the population of Deseret diversified a lot. However, the ecclesiastical authorities had a handful with the Chinese expatriates, which had it hard at first trying to deal with so many people.
However, around the 1970's, as the United States "peacefully" annexed Texas and New England, the Yankees have turned towards Deseret and the two British dominions up north. And then, Mexico will be next, to pay up the humiliations brought against the Americans during the previous century.
EhCj3IX.png

The poster says:
"Our guns await..."
"Bring it on, Godless Yanks!"

As you can see, it's war propaganda. Extremely defiant against the oncoming American onslaught, bent on taking all of North America, whether they want it or not.

To be honest, I could have done better, but the lack of Deseret font faces kinda doesn't help at all on my goal.