A New Coat of Arms Thread

IllyriaShield2.png

Here's the shield for a Napoleonic Illyria (clockwise from top left, Carniola, Istria, Carinthia, Dalmatia), I haven't been able to put in a crown, mantling, Legion of Honor, etc. in a manner that looks good yet.

National/state coat of arms of the Spiš Republic from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

It is based directly off of the coat of arms of the historical Spiš county (which is, by and large, consistent with the Spiš region as a whole). This CoA was completely scratch-built, though I had to employ a few small changes and tweaks in a few tiny places. More on this coat of arms here, in the post about the country's flag (which, predictably, includes the CoA).

SPR Štátny znak.png

House Cully of Badger's Hall

A coat of arms from a novel I'm writing, set on an alternate world. More a hobby than anything really. Influenced by A Song of Ice and Fire and its take on heraldry, I decided to work on coats of arms a bit more.

This is from House Cully, the Barons of Badger's Hall Castle and the Fief of the same name. The Cullys are vassals to House Emmerijch, Free Counts of Old Trerfurt.

The current Baron of Badger's Hall is Lord Wolfgang Cully, Lord Marshal (the Count's most senior advisor in military matters and second in command to the County's forces) and Margrave (akin to Marcher Lord or satrap, in command of a vast area of responsability in case of foreign invasion). His full style is:

His Lordship, the Honorable Wolfgang Cully, Baron & Holder of Badger's Hall, Lord Marshal of Old Trerfurt, Margrave of the Eastern Fiefs.

As you can see, it's not very complex, following a bit the standard set by G.R.R. Martin.

CullyArms.png

Ask any Scandinavian on the street, and he'd say Finland isn't Scandinavian. It's a Nordic country and/or a Fennoscandinavian one, but not a Scandinavian one.

by Scandinavians you mean Norwegians

and we in here don't have any streets :D

or my coat of arms are Scandinavia+

here is map scenario for those CoA

Last edited:
A surviving union of Scandinavian countries formed prior to Sweden losing Finland could include Finland and still be considered a Scandinavian Union. A modern union of Scandinavian countries, however, would only include Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Add any other countries such as Iceland and Finland to the mix and you have a Nordic Union, not a Scandinavian one.

A surviving union of Scandinavian countries formed prior to Sweden losing Finland could include Finland and still be considered a Scandinavian Union. A modern union of Scandinavian countries, however, would only include Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Add any other countries such as Iceland and Finland to the mix and you have a Nordic Union, not a Scandinavian one.
in this scenario Finland was in a personal union with Sweden (as kingdom inside of kingdom) and Iceland is part of Denmark. Modern version is modernised version of old Coat of arms (new lion on Norwegian CoA, new style of three crowns, Finnish lion and Scandinavian flag as CoA in the middle)

in this scenario Finland was in a personal union with Sweden (as kingdom inside of kingdom) and Iceland is part of Denmark. Modern version is modernised version of old Coat of arms (new lion on Norwegian CoA, new style of three crowns, Finnish lion and Scandinavian flag as CoA in the middle)

I'm not a fan of flags as elements on coats of arms. IMO just having the arms of the constituent nations would be sufficient.