TL-191: After the End

I have an announcement to make. I'm afraid that I have not yet completed the 2000s update. Since I'm going to be very busy over the next three months, I will be unable to post the update in the near future. My apologies for the delay.

The 2000s will be posted in June.

That's alright, Dave, and good luck.

I've been having some issues with writer's block myself.....AND I'm starting college soon. :(

I love what you've done with this TL, David (in fact, I think this thread was what introduced me to this site); however, I have some nagging questions:
What happened with Iran? I assume there was no revolution there.
Did the US get over its oil addiction?
Is the JWR as belligerent as OTL North Korea, or do they mostly keep to themselves?

I have an announcement to make. I'm afraid that I have not yet completed the 2000s update. Since I'm going to be very busy over the next three months, I will be unable to post the update in the near future. My apologies for the delay.

Aw. Well, good luck, and hope life treats you easy!

Don't worry. We'll wait.:)

I can wait. :D

Flubber

Banned
As all the others have written, please take your time, attend to priorities, and have no worries for your audience. We'll all be here when you're ready.

Excellence is always worth the wait. :)

Hey! I'm back! :D Here's 1984. Its a GOP landslide...

rb0rjFW.png

Morgan Reynolds (R-BC)/John Smith (R-CA): 472 EV
Robert Bronowski (S-PA)/Richard Short (S-OR): 94 EV

Porter Schmitt (D-IL)/Fred Kenelm (D-AB): 41 EV

Last edited:

Vexacus

Banned
Hey! I'm back! :D Here's 1984. Its a GOP landslide...

0m1b1dE.png

Morgan Reynolds (R-BC)/John Smith (R-CA): 472 EV
Robert Bronowski (S-PA)/Richard Short (S-OR): 94 EV

Porter Schmitt (D-IL)/Fred Kenelm (D-AB): 41 EV
I recognise Hawaii and Cuba, but what are the states in the boxes?

Oh and my Internet boyfriend posted this in the wrong thread... Its 1976.

Zwb0CBr.png

Joshua Blackford (D-PA)/James Rhodes (D-OH): 368 EV
Dwight O'Hare (S-NY)/Carl Martin (S-CA): 202 EV
George Sidney (R-IA)/Stan Campbell (R-MI): 37 EV

34: Thomas Dewey (D-NY) 1945-1953
Vice President: Harry S. Truman (D-MO) 1945-1953
1944: def. Charles W. La Follette (S-WI)/Jim Curley (S-MA) & Harold Stassen (R-MN)/Edward Anderson (R-NE)
1948: def. Henry A. Wallace (S-IA)/Rexford Tugwell (S-NY) & Harold Stassen (R-MN)/Smith Altrock (R-CA)

35: Harry S. Truman (D-MO) 1953-1961
Vice President: Irving Morrell (D-KS) 1953-1961
1952: def. Adlai Stevenson II (S-IL)/Earl Warren (S-CA) & Harold Stassen (R-MN)/Cecil Schneider II (R-IL)
1956: def. W. Averell Harriman (S-NY)/Basil O'Connor (S-MA) & Harold Stassen (R-MN)/John Hoyland (R-NE)

36: Hubert Humphrey (S-MN) 1961-1973
Vice President: Warren Magnuson (S-WA) 1961-1977
1960: def. John W. Bricker (D-OH)/Nicholas Peterson (D-PA) & Harold Stassen (R-MN)/William Ward (R-IN)
1964: def. Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. (D-MA)/Benjamin Cooper (D-MI) & Walter Judd (R-MN)/Garret Schuster (R-NE)
1968: def. James Rhodes (D-OH)/George Sabastani (D-NM) & Bryson Briggs (R-NE)/Hunter Jardine (R-MT)

37: Joshua Blackford (D-PA) 1973-1981
Vice President: James Rhodes (D-OH) 1973-1981
1972: def. Terrance Hobson (S-CA)/Charles Piatek (S-MI) & Philip Ioannidis (R-NV)/Marcus Svendson (R-DA)
1976: def. Dwight O'Hare (S-NY)/Carl Martin (S-CA) & George Sidney (R-IA)/Stan Campbell (R-MI)

38: Morgan Reynolds (R-BC) 1981-1989
Vice President: John Smith (R-CA) 1981-1989
1980: def. Mildred Morrell-Quigley (D-KS)/Unknown (D-??) & Theodore A. Abell (S-??)/Unknown (S-??)
1984: def. Robert Bronowski (S-PA)/Richard Short (S-OR) & Porter Schmitt (D-IL)/Fred Kenelm (D-AB)

That's all the elections I know.

Wow, just wow. I've been following this timeline for the better part of a year or so and I'm loving it. David, thank you so much for writing this.

I am a huge fan of alternate history and this is such a well-written timeline. I love the integration of Canada, Morgan Reynolds' presidency, Greg Bliss' novels, the comeback of the Republican Party, the Nihilists, the former Confederate States being akin to post-War Germany with the shame of the population reductions, etc.

The only real criticisms I have of the timeline is that rock and roll doesn't exist and I was a little dissapointed that real-world politicians (such as George McGovern) didn't get a stab at the presidency. Those issues aside, you've got an excellent timeline here and I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

Wow, just wow. I've been following this timeline for the better part of a year or so and I'm loving it. David, thank you so much for writing this.

I am a huge fan of alternate history and this is such a well-written timeline. I love the integration of Canada, Morgan Reynolds' presidency, Greg Bliss' novels, the comeback of the Republican Party, the Nihilists, the former Confederate States being akin to post-War Germany with the shame of the population reductions, etc.

The only real criticisms I have of the timeline is that rock and roll doesn't exist and I was a little dissapointed that real-world politicians (such as George McGovern) didn't get a stab at the presidency. Those issues aside, you've got an excellent timeline here and I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

Welcome to the board.
You can blame the Freedom Part for the lack of Rock n' Roll. TL-191 world would have lost quite a bit of talent and influence due to the Freedom Party policies in the CSA and the black holocaust. Rhythm & Blues probably didn't spread and thus no Rock n Roll. So its absence only ads to the realism of David's extension of TL 191.
However I reckon TTL's stomp music, especially the later stuff in the Staccato influenced 90s, is very much like a Big-band version of glam-rock, which is 100% awesome in my book.

Last edited:
Well done. :cool: I'm adding those maps to the rest of the collection.

What's the one to the east of Hawaii?

That box shows the Lesser Antilles. Most of them are independent nations in OTL, since the 60s-70s. The box below Cuba shows Jamaica and the Cayman Islands (those tiny ones to the west of it) and the box above Cuba shows the Bahamas. These are all ATL US states, instead of having their own independence or being British overseas territories as in OTL.

Last edited:

It's probably just an unfortunate oversight on Dave's part, and one, I think, that is in serious need of correction. You aren't going to be plausibly able to butterfly rock-n'-roll entirely, not with the African-American cultural influences already in place.

Jycee, unfortunately, the truth is, let's just say that if there is a TOTAL absence, and if it was was intentional, it does not add to the realism, but rather, seriously subtracts from it. I mean, I hope this isn't actually true, but if it is.....well.....:(