Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be fair, my Ameriscrew map was a random example - it wasn't meant to be a realistic alternate history... neither was the Ameriwank (though I feel that the Ameriwank one is wholly possible, the Ameriscrew is rather out of bounds - outlandish, certainly - possibly totally ASB.
ASB or not, I will not give up on my timeline. I will agree with you on the Ameriwank being more plausible.

This is a quick and very rough map of an alternate Indonesia. Really I need a much better and neater basemap, I suppose I'll have to make it myself, the Volga all over again.......

Anywho, small wall of text ahead!

My thinking is the premise is the Indonesian National Revolution, the Republic only really held most of Sumatra and half of Java in 1949. The British stay involved and the Americans aren't so supportive of the Republic, hence the Dutch are better able to hold ground against them.
A stalemate ensues with all sides getting tired.

The Dutch, under pressure from the allies to wrap it up, offer the Republic Java and Sumatra, while the United States of Indonesia becomes the Federation of the Sunda Islands, comprised of the more Christian and Dutch leaning East Indonesia and West Papua.

Bali decides against joining either, being largely Hindu it fears being crushed under Abrahamics. Fearing further rebellion, the Dutch give it independence under a prominent surviving royal family of pre-Dutch Bali it quickly becomes this universes East Timor and is occupied by Indonesia a few years later.

The British around this time are preparing for the future of Sabah, Sarawak, and Brunei. South Borneo is diplomatically contested between the Republic and the Dutch, in the form of the Sunda Islands. As the British helped the Dutch they offer the alternative of seceding it to them to be united with Northern Borneo. While neither side is thrilled at the prospect of losing territory, it will take the matter of further war away.
In later years when United Borneo is given independence Brunei decides against union.

I'm unsure as to all the impacts of this will have, but I reckon the Bali bombings are going to start alot sooner, and that they'll be a lot more of them. Likewise with Muslim trouble in the Federation.

What do you'll think?

Bali was part of East Indonesia during RIS, so should the Republikkens lose, it will stay there.

But frankly, Dutch shouldn't have lumped every thing east of Java together like that. At least keep Maluku separate, so they wouldn't have to lose everything later in referendum since Bali and Sulawesi were both strongly anti-Dutch.

Bali was part of East Indonesia during RIS, so should the Republikkens lose, it will stay there.

But frankly, Dutch shouldn't have lumped every thing east of Java together like that. At least keep Maluku separate, so they wouldn't have to lose everything later in referendum since Bali and Sulawesi were both strongly anti-Dutch.

Well Bali actually had it's own little independence thing going at one point.
Hmm okay, I know they tried being on there own before the Republic squished them.

An ASB map done for krinsbez.

Bruce

krinsbezmap.png

Bali has never had separatism. In OTL at least, they were die hard republikkens, certainly more so then Aceh.

Ahh you're right I got muddled up.
During the Japanese occupation I Gusti Ngurah Rai formed a Balinese 'freedom' army, they fought against both the Japanese and the Dutch, but he took his orders from the Republic.

Perhaps if in my ATL, a Hindu army forms rather than a Republic one.

scholar

Banned
A world in an ice age? Or it's near the outer goldilocks zone for a Earth like surface world?
That. Its a world I was working on as a side project for AAPA. I have no idea if its ever going to see the light of day, but even if it doesn't I'm relatively happy with how it came out. The country on the world is the Fulgenzio Union State, formed by some of the lesser remnants of the Italian Empire and the German Empire.

That. Its a world I was working on as a side project for AAPA. I have no idea if its ever going to see the light of day, but even if it doesn't I'm relatively happy with how it came out. The country on the world is the Fulgenzio Union State, formed by some of the lesser remnants of the Italian Empire and the German Empire.

So it's a united Planet?

A map of alternate nuclear-weapons-owning states. In red are states that have their own nuclear weapons. In green are those that can have them through NATO nuclear sharing. In blue are those that can have them through Commonwealth nuclear sharing. In reddish-brown are the eight nuclear-weapons-free zones. If you can't find the eighth, zoom in on southern Europe.:D

AH nuclear-armed nations.png

A map of alternate nuclear-weapons-owning states. In red are states that have their own nuclear weapons. In green are those that can have them through NATO nuclear sharing. In blue are those that can have them through Commonwealth nuclear sharing. In reddish-brown are the eight nuclear-weapons-free zones. If you can't find the eighth, zoom in on southern Europe.:D
Could turn into quite a destructive world, if a nuclear war were ever to happen... ;)

Hmm.... It's either Malta or the Vatican. I think Vatican.

Status
Not open for further replies.