Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is a map.

Bruce

Weinbaum2.png

Looking for a little feedback on the below, basically if everyone thinks the 'States' of Austria and Czechoslovakia are both plausible looking and aesthetic.

Note these are'nt the states of OTL, just similar borderwise.

Austro-Czechoslovak States.png

Well it'd be annexing seven of Mexico's existing states, so I figured it'd be those and then them waiting awhile before splitting up the Alta California territory.

At the time, Baja wasn't split, and I can't see the US keeping existing state borders for any of the Mexican gains, but that's me. I just did some calculations in my head and came up with six states out of the extra territory, but obviously that's up in the air, what with different settlement and all.

At the time, Baja wasn't split, and I can't see the US keeping existing state borders for any of the Mexican gains, but that's me.

I figure they would for a few reasons;

A. They don't have to go through the process of agreeing on new borders and holding the subsequent votes.

B. Keeing the existing structure will score points with the locals who may share more in common with their region/state in terms of identity than with Mexico as a whole.

I just did some calculations in my head and came up with six states out of the extra territory, but obviously that's up in the air, what with different settlement and all.

I actually miscounted, it would be nine rather than six, however given it's low population and it being spread out I could see Chihuahua being split between its neighboring states and maybe the three states that formed it being given the option/encouraged to merge into a single State of the Rio Grande, which would bring it down to five states.

Anyways, excluding the Alta California Territory (including Baja), the U.S. in the map would be annexing all of the Mexican states of San Louis Potosi, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Durango, Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua and about 90% or so of Zacatecas.

I actually miscounted, it would be nine rather than six, however given it's low population and it being spread out I could see Chihuahua being split between its neighboring states and maybe the three states that formed it being given the option/encouraged to merge into a single State of the Rio Grande, which would bring it down to five states.

Anyways, excluding the Alta California Territory (including Baja), the U.S. in the map would be annexing all of the Mexican states of San Louis Potosi, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Durango, Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua and about 90% or so of Zacatecas.

Yep, I'm an idiot. Cool idea.

Esopo said:
In 1917 the Cults of the Greats Ones decide to rise and conquer the world...

Nice map, but how successful do you think the cult would be? Could we see a independent New England run by cultists?

Looking for a little feedback on the below, basically if everyone thinks the 'States' of Austria and Czechoslovakia are both plausible looking and aesthetic.

I approve the map :)

though all the Magyars that will be left within thse borders certainly won't :D

I'm not a fan of Salzburg and Upper Austria's combination, it doesn't really make sense, and while Vorarlberg and Tirol makes a little more, I still would retain the nine Bundeslands. As for Bergenland, is it intended to suggest the maximum extent of German and Croat-descended inhabitants, if so bravo. Also is Pressburg in Austria or the Czechoslovak State?

Status
Not open for further replies.