Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to adjust the borders of Ottoman Egypt and Sudan to have them follow the Nile, as there's literally no people in some of administrative divisions you have. You might also want to tweak the divisions of German Africa to follow whatever ones were established by the Belgians Also, maybe have the US annex that white state consisting of Sonora and Baja California, and do some adjustment of communist held territories (This would be a good place to actually use shapeless random blobs, and getting rid of the Communist Lapland).

My bad, I kinda rushed that part with the borders of Ottoman Egypt and Sudan, I wanted to make them look like the rest of the Ottoman, and good point on German Kongo. that independent state is the Independent State of Greater Sonora. one of the rebel nations in the Mexican Civil War (no US involvment ITTL WW1) and I guess that makes sense on the Communist controlled parts in Russia (I was just going for random)

OK. Here is a few suggestions from me.

Make Poland independent. It was actually planned to be. Give it Congress Poland (i.e. all Polish lands not part of Germany in 1914, but is German on your map)

Charles I dont strike me as insane. Maybe just have A-H collapse and Germany intervene, creating an puppet Austro-Bohemia?

Poland, ehh. im not sure.

Ehh good point, but I had the Kaiser go for completing the idea of the unfinished Greater Germany, hence annexing Austria, through Bohemia and Galica were wildcards.

To quote Eddie Izzard: "... because it's a bad idea when cousins marry!"
Seriously, who would that even be? (Emperor-King, BTW) And why would no one stop him? IIRC, A-H as well as Germany was pretty much controlled by the General Staff by the end of the war.

Charles........

Yeah, how'd Mexico lose that and the Yucatan peninsula? Zimmerman telegram get through without being intercepted, and Mexico tried to war with the US?

I'd think the US would invade Veracruz rather than the useless Yucatan.

Considering Mexico was in a four sided civil war/revolution at this point I don't see how Mexico could declare war.

Poland, ehh. im not sure.

Ehh good point, but I had the Kaiser go for completing the idea of the unfinished Greater Germany, hence annexing Austria, through Bohemia and Galica were wildcards.
To be perfectly blunt, your Germany is like Austria-Hungary, with many Poles. Either it becomes Germany-Poland, which is incredibly unlikely, or far more likely, Poland becomes a puppet nation, like it was actually planned to be. (Check out Kingdom of Poland on Wiki)

And why would Austria want to be part of Germany? Pan-Germanism was a faraway dream and probably will continue to be under a CP victory world.

Make Poland independent. It was actually planned to be. Give it Congress Poland (i.e. all Polish lands not part of Germany in 1914, but is German on your map)

Charles I dont strike me as insane. Maybe just have A-H collapse and Germany intervene, creating an puppet Austro-Bohemia?

I agree; also sets up Italy, now an ally, as having a reason to take the Croatian coast.

To be perfectly blunt, your Germany is like Austria-Hungary, with many Poles. Either it becomes Germany-Poland, which is incredibly unlikely, or far more likely, Poland becomes a puppet nation, like it was actually planned to be. (Check out Kingdom of Poland on Wiki)

And why would Austria want to be part of Germany? Pan-Germanism was a faraway dream and probably will continue to be under a CP victory world.

Right now it's the Greater German Empire (not Reich)

They don't want to be, that's the point. The Kaiser is forcing them

Why does France get to keep its African territories, but Portugal doesn't?

Germany can't control all of them.

I agree; also sets up Italy, now an ally, as having a reason to take the Croatian coast.

Yeah, good point, I did keep Italy on the CP side. but then allowed them to share in the spoils of collapsed A-H.

Germany can't control all of them.

Yeah, good point, I did keep Italy on the CP side. but then allowed them to share in the spoils of collapsed A-H.

Do you know what Reich actually means? Realm. And actually, it was the Deutsches Kaiserreich -- German Empire.

They would rather weaken France than weaken Portugal because Portugal was far off.

So... How badly off is France? The UK can't be too bad at home, but perhaps a lot of grief over losing some of the empire...
Trying to figure out if any fascist regimes are likely to rise and be in power. Looks like Communist Russia might be the only thing to spark off another great war, if anyone.

Do you know what Reich actually means? Realm. And actually, it was the Deutsches Kaiserreich -- German Empire.

They would rather weaken France than weaken Portugal because Portugal was far off.

I know what Reich means, but I translated in english to Greater German Empire (or Greater German Reich, through that's more of the Nazi term)

So... How badly off is France? The UK can't be too bad at home, but perhaps a lot of grief over losing some of the empire...
Trying to figure out if any fascist regimes are likely to rise and be in power. Looks like Communist Russia might be the only thing to spark off another great war, if anyone.

France is really bad off. the UK is griefing over losing some of the Empire, but not too bad off at home.

and I plan on maybe following this map up with Nazi France.

Reich is the German word for Realm, and what the Empire actually used.

And why? It seems out of place. Germany and Austria-Hungary was allied with each other. How about A-H collapses, an nationalist leader takes over Cisleithania (essentially A-H land you have in Germany), allied with another nationalist state (maybe Transleithania, aka A-H land not in Germany?) invades Germany. Germany wins, and annexes Cisleithania and splits Transleithania in a few nations.

And why? It seems out of place. Germany and Austria-Hungary was allied with each other. How about A-H collapses, an nationalist leader takes over Cisleithania (essentially A-H land you have in Germany), allied with another nationalist state (maybe Transleithania, aka A-H land not in Germany?) invades Germany. Germany wins, and annexes Cisleithania and splits Transleithania in a few nations.

Doesn't make much sense for them to invade Germany, but maybe a German false-flag attack makes it look like they did?

Also, I would suggest against calling it 'Nazi' France, but I'd love to see a Nazi-Analogue there.

Fascist France and Communist Russia attacking Germany?

Might want to keep the 'Polish Border Strip' in Germany though. Only way I could work out avoiding that (and having Posen in the Kingdom) for the TL I'm writing was to essentially have the Austrians (tired of being ignored by Berlin despite the alliance and everything) essentially create a Kingdom out of the bits they control, pull the rug out from under Germany's plans and force them to counter with more than just 'independence under German protection' in order to keep Poland even partially under the influence of Berlin and not look like interlopers. Admittedly a stalemated WWI leads to slightly different ideas on international opinion.

I guess that makes more sense, and the map would support the idea

I see. I assume it is Villa in Sonora so who is in the Yucatan?

Another member of Villa's rebels

Doesn't make much sense for them to invade Germany, but maybe a German false-flag attack makes it look like they did?

Also, I would suggest against calling it 'Nazi' France, but I'd love to see a Nazi-Analogue there.

Fascist France and Communist Russia attacking Germany?

A False flag attack possibly.

Of course I wouldn't actually call it Nazi France. a Nazi-Analouge is what I meant.

yeah a WW2 with Fascist France and Communist Russia (USSR) attacking Germany (and possibly the Ottoman Empire too)

Might want to keep the 'Polish Border Strip' in Germany though. Only way I could work out avoiding that (and having Posen in the Kingdom) for the TL I'm writing was to essentially have the Austrians (tired of being ignored by Berlin despite the alliance and everything) essentially create a Kingdom out of the bits they control, pull the rug out from under Germany's plans and force them to counter with more than just 'independence under German protection' in order to keep Poland even partially under the influence of Berlin and not look like interlopers. Admittedly a stalemated WWI leads to slightly different ideas on international opinion.

Okay - just a minor effort, a clean-up of someone elses old map, namely the
2000 AD map for the Anglo-Dutch empire TL. Why no elaborate backstory here?
Too damn lazy to read the TL. :D

Bruce

AngloDutch.png

Last edited:
Updated my Kaiserreich map a little bit

And a little bit of a key, the really dark grey are Dominons of the Kaiserreich, territories they can't adminster directly, so they gave autonomy to the colonists

Untitled4.png

Not bad Abby, except for a few questions and tiny criticisms, as well as suggestions:

1.)Wouldn't the Communists have a bit more of Siberia, or perhaps even the other way around, with the Marxists in control of most of regions with only the outlying parts still being loyal to the Tsar(or Tsarina, as the case may be)?

2.)Is the Phillipines just a protectorate of the U.S., or a full territory?

3.)How did Finland get annexed by Russia, exactly?

4.)I'd like to suggest splitting Albania in half, one part to Yugoslavia and the other to Greece.

5.) Shouldn't Russia have all of Central Asia already? Or did they just secede?

6.)What's that tiny dot north of Geneva? Is it a Danish enclave, or what?

7.)Would you be open to an expansion of Ethiopia, with Eritrea, Djibouti and Puntland all becoming part of that country?

To be honest, Abby, you have definitely improved, and I hope you don't mind the commentary. ;)

Not bad Abby, except for a few questions and tiny criticisms, as well as suggestions:

1.)Wouldn't the Communists have a bit more of Siberia, or perhaps even the other way around, with the Marxists in control of most of regions with only the outlying parts still being loyal to the Tsar(or Tsarina, as the case may be)?

Good point, through I have them in control of most of the Population centers (Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc) they should probaly have more of Siberia, seeing as that's not hard to conquer

(and yeah, Nicholas got killed by a German bomb right before Lenin started the revolution, his wife succeeded him after she claimed the throne for herself. and is the leader of the White Forces)

2.)Is the Phillipines just a protectorate of the U.S., or a full territory?

Full Territory

3.)How did Finland get annexed by Russia, exactly?

They didn't, Finland still trying to get independence, well Monarchist and Communist forces are still trying to keep it in the fold.

4.)I'd like to suggest splitting Albania in half, one part to Yugoslavia and the other to Greece.

Really? I didn't think about that

5.) Shouldn't Russia have all of Central Asia already? Or did they just secede?

They seceded

6.)What's that tiny dot north of Geneva? Is it a Danish enclave, or what?

SAAR analouge

7.)Would you be open to an expansion of Ethiopia, with Eritrea, Djibouti and Puntland all becoming part of that country?

Ehh, I didn't think it was nessecary

To be honest, Abby, you have definitely improved, and I hope you don't mind the commentary. ;)

My comments above

Status
Not open for further replies.