Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This map does show up every now and then - hey, this is a map thread. Anyone want to do a map of their best-case middle east? :) (No troll maps, now!)

Bruce

Faeelin

Banned
Why is Iran labelled Persia? Nobody calls it that anymore, certainly not the Iranians.

I'm nto saying this tells us more about the mapmaker than anythin else, but...

Why is Iran labelled Persia? Nobody calls it that anymore, certainly not the Iranians.

I'm nto saying this tells us more about the mapmaker than anythin else, but...

The reason why that map was reportedly made was to show an "ideal" set of borders based on ethnicity and religion, that would hypothetically be more stable. Iran nowadays is a multi-ethnic state, with very sizable ethnic minorities that very much consider themselves Iranian. Here, it's more of a Persia, because it's absorbed the persian parts of Afghanistan and lost its Arab, Kurdish, and Azeri parts.

A lot of that 'After' map makes me want to scream. Seriously, how is that on Wikipedia?

The guy who made it is an author with some notability. I read one of his novels about a near-future war in the Middle East between a US devolving into a theocracy vs. a new Caliphate that had destroyed Israel years earlier. Spoiler: No happy ending.

Ok! I am feeling more mappy again: here's one for Lusitania's "Rebirth of an
Empire" TL, where Portugal seriously gets its mojo back. https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138635

Bruce

LusitaniaPortugalWank.png

Just a little snippet from a world map I'm working on, looking for feedback on if I should change the color I'm using (Baden's).

SGC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.