Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this sort of discussion just brings us closer and closer to Map Thread IX...

... and doesn't everyone post in a continued thread at the same time basically saying "OMG I GOT TEH 41R5T POST!!!" or something? Still, it'd be cool to post on a major thread's first page.

I predict that Map Thread IX shall be the greatest of them all, with brilliant, descriptive maps with the best of the software applied on the Internet.

Yes, Australia hasn't been touched, but it's still the Australia colour in China, and he seems to be using as much UCS as he can. There is a third China colour on UCS that could be utilised that hasn't yet been.

It's up to him though, of course.
Actually I was trying to show that as the Chinese Empire, not Australia. I just used the closest colour I could get. I am a little lazy. I'll change Australia's colours...I'm thinking about dividing it between Bali and a Maori Empire run from New Zealand.

Hey, I'm making maps again! Here's one for DrTron's scenario on this thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=222617

in which most of the Great Powers of OTL come to a Bad End. (Germany is still a Big Power, but most of its European empire failed to survive the Second Spring of Nations, the Days of Blood, the imposition of Emergency Rule in Germany proper, and the German Revolution). The biggest blocks are the Charleston Alliance system, a latin-American-Anglophonie democratic (more or less) block, and the Ottoman system, which has a lot of oil and rather more development than the same region OTL.

Bruce

And here is the map.

Bruce

Tron19thcenturyPowers.png

Last edited:
Actually I was trying to show that as the Chinese Empire, not Australia. I just used the closest colour I could get. I am a little lazy. I'll change Australia's colours...I'm thinking about dividing it between Bali and a Maori Empire run from New Zealand.

That's ASB. The Maori were never united until the threat of being colonised appeared. You may get Polynesian migrants reaching Tasmania and subsequently the Australian mainland, though.

That's ASB. The Maori were never united until the threat of being colonised appeared. You may get Polynesian migrants reaching Tasmania and subsequently the Australian mainland, though.
I'll go with something like that. I'll use the New Zealand colour, I suppose, otherwise it'll go to waste. I was thinking maybe this could be a TL where the Mongols never expanded as drastically as they did.

I predict that Map Thread IX shall be the greatest of them all, with brilliant, descriptive maps with the best of the software applied on the Internet.

Why does it have to be IX? Why not name it Map Thread NEIN!! Yes, I know that's not a number, but I want to project the image of somebody crushing a map in their fist and then shaking said fist with crushed map.

Status
Not open for further replies.