A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
luakel said:
Ah, C'mon. You know that FDR would make a bloody awesome Captain America. :D

Any DC characters?

Oh, and nice maps Oth and Diamond.

No DC characters. FDR died in the 1940s after being blamed for the Great Stock Market Crash and losing to Hoover in the '32 elections.

I can say that Venom's spawn is going to be present in the form of another infamous 60s figure. Also imagine Otto Skorzeny as the military adviser to a League of Nations superhero group.....

Raymann

Banned
1985: A much worse Cold War

Cold War Europe AH.png

Straha said:
Here is the final version of a map which I'm sure youv'e all seen posted in various other forms
The orientation of the map is interesting; is it meant to imply a more Eastern (Chinese?) centered political situation?

Here's another, roughly based on Hayford Pierce's "Napoleon disentimed": kept the notion of France conquering Europe because an Ottoman expansion north knocked out the Russians early on, but felt the idea of Napoleon still being born a couple centuries after the POD ridiculous, so it's a *Napoleonic rather than *Napoleonic Empire. (And the "Holy Frankish Empire" bit is an effort to create an imperial tradition that overarches the seperate French, German and Italian bits of the Empire. As for the British, well, they've allways been a pain).

Bruce

Disentimed2.png

Straha said:
Here is the final version of a map which I'm sure youv'e all seen posted in various other forms

The United States is listed twice. Is the one near Central America supposed to be the 'United States of Central America'?

Straha

Banned
Shadow Knight said:
The United States is listed twice. Is the one near Central America supposed to be the 'United States of Central America'?
United Central american states to be precise.

Straha

Banned
Hermanubis said:
The orientation of the map is interesting; is it meant to imply a more Eastern (Chinese?) centered political situation?
I just used the pacific centered basemap because its cool. although china IS one of the superpowers that is actualyl a possibility...

Wendell said:
Nice map:) What scripts did you use?
Thanks. I just used paint and a basemap. Oh and DarkSlavik's color scheme.

TyrannusZero said:
No DC characters. FDR died in the 1940s after being blamed for the Great Stock Market Crash and losing to Hoover in the '32 elections.

I can say that Venom's spawn is going to be present in the form of another infamous 60s figure. Also imagine Otto Skorzeny as the military adviser to a League of Nations superhero group.....
Why no DC characters? They tend to be more colorful than Marvel's (even if Marvel is ahead in alot, including major crossovers)...

B_Munro said:
Here's another, roughly based on Hayford Pierce's "Napoleon disentimed": kept the notion of France conquering Europe because an Ottoman expansion north knocked out the Russians early on, but felt the idea of Napoleon still being born a couple centuries after the POD ridiculous, so it's a *Napoleonic rather than *Napoleonic Empire. (And the "Holy Frankish Empire" bit is an effort to create an imperial tradition that overarches the seperate French, German and Italian bits of the Empire. As for the British, well, they've allways been a pain).

Bruce
Is Ireland a monarchy, and if so, under what ruling family?

Is New Guinea an Irish Colony here? That gives new relevance to the nearby "New Ireland" IOTL...

^Not how I see it turning out OFTL (is that even a word, uh, acronym?), buta PoD in maybe the 1980s... Makes me want to do my own... [bemoans MSpaint:p]

Diamond

Banned
Raymann said:
Thanks fortyseven

Like the linguistic map, this doesn't show states but monetary unions instead
Cool map. What does the Chinese currency look like? I don't see it on there...

Status
Not open for further replies.