Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on your list but what about china and vietnam ?

I love the Chinese one, how did you get all the psychedelic stuff around the main star? Did you do it by hand?

If so can you do one of Indiana's State flag? Like make the torch spill out craziness.:p

I think there should be a psychedelic ideology where national flags should have that kind of style too it.

I would suggest incorporating the Starry Plough into that as it is Ireland's distinctive far-left symbol. You can see it used below (these flags are from EdT's excellent "Fight and Be Right" timeline, in which the British Empire suffers a Syndicalist revolution and becomes a sort of alt-Soviet Union).

Thanks for the tip! Those are some really nice flags.

Revised Communist Ireland:

CommIreland3.png

2 more Marxist-Acidist flags for yours (and LScatilina in particular) viewing pleasure. This time, East-Germany and Romania.

Watch but don't inhale...

com-psych2.png

I love the Chinese one, how did you get all the psychedelic stuff around the main star? Did you do it by hand?

Nah, clipart. Wasn't going to waste the time for a piss-take.

If so can you do one of Indiana's State flag? Like make the torch spill out craziness.:p

I'll see if I get some inspiration, wait 'till the meds kicks in.....

I think there should be a psychedelic ideology where national flags should have that kind of style too it.

Marxist-Acidist ?

Thande

Donor
And first attempt at a Communist Scotland:

The hammer and sickle probably wouldn't arise as a symbol if there wasn't a USSR to begin it: recall it refers to workers and peasants, whereas in a more industrialised country with an intellectual middle class different symbolism would be used. Not sure what would work for Scotland, though.

The hammer and sickle probably wouldn't arise as a symbol if there wasn't a USSR to begin it: recall it refers to workers and peasants, whereas in a more industrialised country with an intellectual middle class different symbolism would be used. Not sure what would work for Scotland, though.

There wasn't really a specified PoD, so I assumed a timeline with the Soviets winning the Cold War or some such; I agree, some other symbol would be more appropriate in the absence of the USSR. Considering that Scotland's economy in that era was dominated by the mining and manufacturing sectors, perhaps a pickaxe and gear wheel?

Thande

Donor
There wasn't really a specified PoD, so I assumed a timeline with the Soviets winning the Cold War or some such; I agree, some other symbol would be more appropriate in the absence of the USSR. Considering that Scotland's economy in that era was dominated by the mining and manufacturing sectors, perhaps a pickaxe and gear wheel?

A pickaxe and gear wheel could work, indeed (EdT used pickaxes on his Scottish Syndicalist flag I posted above). Another alternative might be something to do with weaving, as this is also a traditional Scottish industry (though not to the extent it is in northern England).

A pickaxe and gear wheel could work, indeed (EdT used pickaxes on his Scottish Syndicalist flag I posted above). Another alternative might be something to do with weaving, as this is also a traditional Scottish industry (though not to the extent it is in northern England).

The problem with that is, I'd suspect that neither a shuttle nor a loom would make a very good logo. The shuttle would be difficult to identify at a glance, and a loom would probably be too complex.

Thande

Donor
The problem with that is, I'd suspect that neither a shuttle nor a loom would make a very good logo. The shuttle would be difficult to identify at a glance, and a loom would probably be too complex.

Yeah I agree. You need something small and handheld really. (I once did a U.S. communist flag which used a cogwheel and a cotton-gin, for instance).

Scottish Communist Flag, Take 2

This flag might also look good with the Hammers and Cog in the top left, in a pseudo-USSR fashion.

CommScot3.png

Last edited:
2 more Marxist-Acidist flags for yours (and LScatilina in particular) viewing pleasure. This time, East-Germany and Romania.

Watch but don't inhale...

Marxist-Acidist? Best idea ever!! These flags are so baked awesome!

If you did every Communist(or should I say Acidist) state in the Cold War Era, ....I will actually dedicate or reference you in a song I will make. It will be titled "Marxist-Acidist" or your user name of course. Not sure what the lyrics would be but it will come to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.