Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic work Bruce! You've shoved away the bad parts (too much Australia dividing, One-Truth bloc being an actual thing, borders, anti-Japan wanking) and kept all the good things. Very well done.

Are you by any chance going to be tackling Cliveless world?

Some day, maybe: it's a lot of work to do a detailed map this big...

Bruce

Ok, kindof a drabble this time, inspired by something about space-filling African empires I saw on another thread...

In this world, the Songhai managed to establish a firmer presence on the Atlantic coast/Senegal area, which leads to more contact with Europe, and easier access to gold-paid European engineering and gun-making expertise. As a result, Songhai is able to beat off Moroccan attacks, and remains the Big Dog of west Africa, expanding even further east than OTL.

Clashes with the Portuguese lead the Songhai to develop, with European and north African muslim assistance, a naval capacity to defend their Atlantic coast, and by the mid-1600s Songhai "privateers" have become a serious problem for the Portuguese: this culminates with a Songhai-Dutch alliance against the Portuguese, which leads to a shaky Songhai venture in the Amazon and a surviving, if shrunken, Dutch presence in north Brazil.

It will be under the emperor Askia (known to history as "The Great": to many of his subjects who disagree with his policies, as "The Devil"), however, that the dry and dusty land of the Songhai will, for good and ill, become truly a part of the Atlantic world...

Bruce

And here's mappy!

Bruce

Songhai.png

Inspired by Imperator Frank, i've made this rather simple map, waiting for his own.

New Republic of California in 2282, assuming that the NCR annex New Vegas after NV.
2282___core_region_by_lscatilina-d3bt6rq.png

Mathuen

Banned
Inspired by Imperator Frank, i've made this rather simple map, waiting for his own.

New Republic of California in 2282, assuming that the NCR annex New Vegas.

I know that the Shi are advanced and everything but how did they manage to remain independent of the NCR? They are surrounded on all sides (snd have been for decades) after all. You'd think that they'd be an autonomous territory or at least in some sort of union with the NCR.

Great map though! You've done the fallout world justice here! :D

Last edited:
I know that the Shi are advanced and everything but how did they manage to remain independent of the NCR? They are surrounded on all sides (snd have been for decades) after all. You'd think that they'd be an autonomous territory or at least in some sort of union with the NCR.

Great map though! You've done the fallout world justice here! :D

Thanks but do not quote images in your answers. Krall hate this (aslo it took place for nothing on the band).

I've made the map following The Vault indications (adding some non-canon things as the Colorado, the Darkwater state, etc). As technically SF was not mentionned to be annexed by the NCR, i didn't showed it. (Yes technically nowhere it's mentioned that Arroyo was annexed to the NCR, but more or less said by the end of F2)
Aslo surrounded...Well, the northern states weren't that populated and economicly powerful, so no pressure from the north. For the south, Maxson and Los Angeles are more busy to developp themselves after the war against BoS.
And the NCR is occupied to kick Caesar's legion off to their view.

VT45

Banned

New Republic of California in 2282, assuming that the NCR annex New Vegas after NV.

Y'know, I noticed that on Deviantart. I'm watching the group Alternate Worlds, and there's a bit of stuff I'd like to submit to it. But whenever I try to, it says I'm not authorised to. Any idea why?

Mathuen

Banned
Thanks but do not quote images in your answers. Krall hate this (aslo it took place for nothing on the band).

I've made the map following The Vault indications (adding some non-canon things as the Colorado, the Darkwater state, etc). As technically SF was not mentionned to be annexed by the NCR, i didn't showed it. (Yes technically nowhere it's mentioned that Arroyo was annexed to the NCR, but more or less said by the end of F2)
Aslo surrounded...Well, the northern states weren't that populated and economicly powerful, so no pressure from the north. For the south, Maxson and Los Angeles are more busy to developp themselves after the war against BoS.
And the NCR is occupied to kick Caesar's legion off to their view.

Sorry, I made that post on my iPod and it doesn't show me when I quote images. I fixed it now though.

I see your reasoning now. Just going on personal opinion though; what do you think the relationship between the NCR and SF is?

Y'know, I noticed that on Deviantart. I'm watching the group Alternate Worlds, and there's a bit of stuff I'd like to submit to it. But whenever I try to, it says I'm not authorised to. Any idea why?

Maybe because you're not a contributor.
To be a contributor you have to ask it to the administrator, and make an AH work.

Sorry, I made that post on my iPod and it doesn't show me when I quote images. I fixed it now though.

I see your reasoning now. Just going on personal opinion though; what do you think the relationship between the NCR and SF is?

Depend of which end of F2 is canon.
If the Shi are still here, they'arent specially happy to see an uber-power right next door. They have still a technological advence on NCR, but not for longer. If the NCR make a step further towards SF (or if a Shi leader is too paranoid), they could release biological weapons.

If the Shi disbanded, SF is more vulnerable. Still, the communauties in SF could unite themselves to resist the NCR, even if some of them could have interest to join it.

If the Shi didn't exist anymore, they're not great interest to the NCR to annex it, because of the mutated vines. However, it could be interesting for the NCR to send some soldiers/mercenaries/etc. to recup technology.

And here's mappy!

Bruce

That's even more ambitious of a Songhai than I was going to attempt.

And why would anybody want the mouth of the Amazon? Sure, it would give them control of the river, but there's a reason Spain didn't press any claims to that jungle.

This map basically began as an attempt to make a realistic take on Veggie World. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might field.

Veggie.png

That's even more ambitious of a Songhai than I was going to attempt.

And why would anybody want the mouth of the Amazon? Sure, it would give them control of the river, but there's a reason Spain didn't press any claims to that jungle.

Like many colonizers of the Americas post-Spain, the Songhai had a somewhat exaggerated notion of the riches to be found in the Americas... :D

Bruce

Veggie World? :confused:

Bruce
Vegetarian World, the granddaddy of infamous Althist Wiki timelines (if this board is any indication). I basically took an eraser over every convergent border that wasn't a river or mountain range and removed all post-Alexander concepts from Europe.

Great map, Bruce. I'd love to see another one set 100 years later. With solid Atlantic vessels, perhaps they'll stick their noses into the Asian trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.