Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my humble contribution, an OTL population map of Australia

australiancensus1921.png

Note: Based it off of an old map I found here: http://nla.gov.au/nla.pic-an24189946

Last edited:
Just a minor map I was doing the past few days and my first "project" done on my new computer. The premise is simple: Benny the Moose is able to reach a compromise with the British, which justifies Italy's invasion of Ethiopia by agreeing to integrate it as a protectorate instead of a real colony and by ceding the Italian Dodecanese (with the exception of Rhodes) to Greece. This leads to the British-Italian relationship not falling into pieces, resulting in a neutral Italy during WW2 (until '44 at least). Massive butterflies, (particulary noticeable in Africa and Asia, but generally all over the world)) ensue and a two-and-a-half way Cold War is going on since the late 1940s. Germany is Finlandized (or ITTL "Verdeutschlandet"), the Soviets are more powerfull than ever, America has less allies than OTL and the Fascist Accord consisting out of Italy, Spain, Portugal, Argentina and Yemen are an important third power block, following Imperialist, Fascists and anti-Communist ideals. Now is the year 1973.

Special note: No claims shown!

The U.S. controls Taiwan?:confused:

Not much different... besides a alternate technocratic Wiemar Republic (Technate) at war with the Soviet Union in 1943. By this time Germany is in development of nuclear technology and jet aircrafts. But the Soviets have been getting there act together with Stalin's plan.

Will technocratic Germany save Europe from the purge of communism?

How does France and Britain feel about Germany annexing the Baltic states?

And how will Poland end up after the war?

All these answers and more will be made on the next episode of ...just kidding.

technoweim1943.png

The U.S. controls Taiwan?:confused:
It could be occupation. The UCS doesn't distinguish between total occupation of an island and annexation of it.

Yes, it is just occupied. The US doesn't quite like China that much ITTL and decided to continue occupying it. Some Taiwanese proposed a Puerto-Rican like status and soon (1974) there would be a plebiscite to determine the future of the island.

Will technocratic Germany save Europe from the purge of communism?

Perhaps, technocratic Germany capitulates and elements of German technocratic movement integrate into Soviet government, military, etc.

Beware the Quasi-Technocratic/Communist Soviet Union...

Perhaps, technocratic Germany capitulates and elements of German technocratic movement integrate into Soviet government, military, etc.

Beware the Quasi-Technocratic/Communist Soviet Union...

Germany does sort of have a fighting chance though considering there very close to developing that bunch of wacky technology like the Nazis did and where going to do, probably faster too thanks to having the jewish scientist that didn't head west in the original time line.

It would be kind of weird of Stalin to integrate a different ideology into his communist nation. The American school of technocracy has majorly influenced the rising movement of technocracy in Germany that toppled over the democratic Wiemar Government.

Maps of 1944 and 1945!

After withstanding the onslaught of the Red Army, The German army made a counter attack into Poland!

technoweim1944.png

The United Kingdom and France have joined Germany in her fight against the red menace. Meanwhile the war between Japan and America is drawing to a close with the threat of invasion of the home islands of Japan.
technoweim1945.png

Wonderful map Munro, as always.
I feel guilty posting one, but here is the Commonwealth Victory map for the map I posted earlier. The Soviets betrayed the Germans after the British and Americans secured Africa.
border.png
Next up: German victory!

border.png

Thande

Donor
Inspired by Strategos' Risk's in-the-works multipolar cold war, "Smoke and Daggers" https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=153812

An revised version at some point in the future, probably

Bruce

Very interesting take on the concept.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes South Africa would be pro-Nazi in these scenarios though. Yes perhaps if we're talking all out Nazi wank and Canada, Australia etc are destroyed, but in a situation like this I tend to think they would remain part of the Commonwealth and an important part of the Anglo-French alliance. Some Nazi sympathies among the Boers, but not enormously.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes South Africa would be pro-Nazi in these scenarios though. Yes perhaps if we're talking all out Nazi wank and Canada, Australia etc are destroyed, but in a situation like this I tend to think they would remain part of the Commonwealth and an important part of the Anglo-French alliance. Some Nazi sympathies among the Boers, but not enormously.

I think it's because they're both racists, and for some reason people like to assume that that one similarity will override all other differences.

Map for a story I've recently begun writing.

project2.PNG

Current date: 2057

The premise is that in the 2040s the Those Whacky Nazis launched an invasion of the southern hemisphere from their secret underground empire in Antarctica, utilizing advanced tech they managed to conquer most of the white-majority areas of South America, a large chunk of southern Africa and all of Australia and New Zealand, before the USA, NATO & co. got their acts together and went all 20th century on their ass. After six years, the exhausted opponents struck an uneasy peace that persists 10 years later, with each side watching their borders vigilantly. In the meantime, another block was formed with a common loathing for the EU and US-led Alliance for Democracy (formerly Coalition of the Free World) and established the Shanghai Pact, with a PunkPunk China and Determinator Russia leading the way. All the while the Nazis were busy in the occupied areas, assimilating the Aryan populations and expelling those unfortunate enough to possess darker skin to special 'reserves' or puppet states which are basically the same. They are not big on the systematic murder thing, seeing as a waste of resources. "Why kill ze darkies when you can work zem zu death, ja?". That of course, doesn't stop them from ruthlessly suppressing dissent, including 'pacification campaigns' to stamp out rebel activity, which often results in entire villages mysteriously vanishing over night.

Currently things are TENSE in Africa where frequent border skirmishes threaten to re-start hostilities. What the mongrel untermenschen don't know is that Those Whacky Nazis are about to get a visit from their galactic pen-pals, the Nordic aliens and that the whole invasion thing was just to pave way for the arrival of the true Master Race.

What they don't know is that some of the "mongrels" are very much aware of this and are willing to do anything to avoid a future of slavery to genetically-engineered alien hybrid freaks. Including a deal with the devil...

project2.PNG

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
I think it's because they're both racists, and for some reason people like to assume that that one similarity will override all other differences.

Yes, I do find that remarkably irritating (not that I'm saying Bruce's map was necessarily informed by that fallacy). I think it's because racism is such a big taboo nowadays that people assume it's the be-all and end-all of identity for people or institutions that happen to be racist. The one I like to bring up is how the Nazis and the KKK absolutely despised each other.

Map for a story I've recently begun writing.

View attachment 131242

Current date: 2051

The premise is that in the 2040s the Those Whacky Nazis launched an invasion of the southern hemisphere from their secret underground empire in Antarcitca, utilising advanced tech they managed to conquer most of the white-majority areas of South America, a large chunk of southern Africa and all of Australia and New Zealand, before the USA, NATO & co. got their acts together and went all 20th century on their ass. After six years, the exhausted opponents struck an uneasy peace that persists 10 years later, with each side watching their borders vigilantly. In the meantime, another block was formed with a common loathing for the EU and US-led Alliance for Democracy (formerly Coalition of the Free World) and established the Shanghai Pact, with a PunkPunk China and Determinator Russia leading the way. All the while the Nazis were busy in the occupied areas, assimilating the Aryan populations and expelling those unfortunate enough to possess darker skin to special 'reserves' or pupper states which are basically the same. They are not big on the systematic murder thing, seeing as a waste of resources. "Why kill ze darkies when you can work zem zu death, ja?". That of course, doesn't stop them from ruthlessly suppressing dissent, including 'pacification campaigns' to stamp out rebel activity, which often results in entire villages mysteriously vanishing over night.

Currently things are TENSE in Africa where frequent border skirmishes threaten to re-start hostilities. What the mongrel untermenschen don't know is that Those Whacky Nazis are about to get a visit from their galactic pen-pals, the Nordic aliens and that the whole invasion thing was just to pave way for the arrival of the true Master Race.

What they don't know is that some of the "mongrels" are very much aware of this and are willing to do anything to avoid a future of slavery to genetically-engineered alien hybrid freaks. Including a deal with the devil...

How do you know of vu secret Nazi Empire under Antartica, vat tis very secret unformation vhere. Vere are you hiding!?

Ramazanoğlu
Basically, The Ottomans never get off the ground, and they are replaced by Ramazan, which is a bit like the Ottomans, but different.

Red Border is the Border Before the Great War.

Ramazani Empire.png

Interesting map TC.
Anyway, here's German victory. The Americans betrayed the Commonwealth following the German invasion of England.
border.png
Next Up: Soviet Victory!

border.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.