Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okedokee: a world where The Hindu states of India avoided getting that "sea travel contaminates you" meme and eventually developed a more nuanced approach to the caste thing (although Untouchables are still in the sh*t). Islam is forestalled by a heretical offshoot of Judaism that is less successful at spreading outside the Arabian peninsula. Meanwhile, in Europe, the Pope gets squashed by stronger western Emperors and ceasaropapism in in like Flynn, only for the Mega-HRE to attract *Mongol invaders who find it a jucier-looking target than OTL's western Europe.

The Hindu Indians had their Age of Discovery, picked up the printing press and proper paper-making from the Chinese, and had their version of the Scientific Revolution, albiet a rather different animal from the OTL European one. A dominant and outward-looking India made Hinduism a religion of conversion, although its more about getting your Karma right than specifics of the number of arms or noses of God.

Technology is roughly 1930s, and things are a bit dieselpunk, with dirigibles, propellor aircraft, big-ass battleships, and lots of trains. (Television has recently arrived, and the Hindus are already making big-budget musical numbers :D )

India is of course seen as the Center of Civilization, although Hindu Indonesia and SE Asia is comparably advanced, as are some of their overseas colonies and settlements. The Persians, whose autocratic state (which does have an efficient test-taking bureaucracy, copied from the Chinese model) has managed to (mostly) keep up technologically through centuries of warfare, are developed enough to be considered "semi-civilized", as are the Chinese, who have recently had a revolution in which a modernizing militarist regime has taken over.

The Ishamelites Iudeans (to be distingushed from the Isaachite Iudeans, which form scattered populations in the Zarathustran and Hindu lands) are barbarians (that is a Greek-derived word, but the Indians have come up with their own terms of contempt for foreigners), as are the Christian Europeans, most of which live under either outright theocracies (the "protestant" antions arising from the ejection of the *Mongols) or absolutist ("catholic") monarchies with the church in their back pocket. Europeans were largely stuck in the 16th century sans a renaissance, but had enough organization and guns that, combined with their geographical distance, the Indians largely left them alone until the era of steam and rapid-firing guns arrived: the last century has been rather traumatic for the Europeans and their fellow Christians in North Africa ( a generally more easy-going bunch).

Several large Indian and Indonesian colonies have been established in the Americas, although Northeast America was distant enough and poor enough to have largely been left alone until fairly recently, allowing local Indians time to develop enough immunities to have a fighting chance, although they are further bedeviled by adventurous Europeans seeking their fortune and land in the mysterious "devil-worshippers continent" to the west. The Kechwana Empire, a former Indonesian colony, is unified under a new religion arising from a hybridization of Hindu and native Andean beliefs, and having kicked out their former colonial masters, are busy modernizing and have a acquisitive eye on still-Indonesian ("Yahyva") territories to the north and south.

Bruce

And here's the map - happy thanksgiving, all! (Well, perhaps not if you are a NE US native American :( )

Bruce

ContestGuns.png

This is based on my first real Hearts of Iron 2 game. Before the save file became corrupted I had occupied every Soviet territory west of the Urals (though the bitter peace event had yet to fire when the file was lost), Great Britain, everything in the Middle east Germany has in the map, and everything in Africa along with Malawi, and North and South Rhodesia. I was going to invade the rest of Africa and then distribute all territory as shown. After that I would have gone on to finish the last remnants of British/Allied territory by conquering India, Siam, Malay, and the Dutch East indies. I would have then finished it all by grabbing Indochina from Japan since we weren't allied.

HoI Cold war.PNG

The world after the conclusion of the Napoleonic Wars in my TL The Federal Republic of America: sibling to a stillborn USA V 2.0 or at least what I'm pretty sure it will be like after the next update. I'm still not sure whether Britain would have enough clout to be able to get the Netherlands free of Bonaparte; or whether the Holy Roman Empire would still exist or the relatively newly formed Austrian Empire using its army (which defeated Nappy Bon) would simply annex lower Germany. I’m also unsure about Hanover, could a Bonaparte ruled only semi-defeated France lead to a larger Brunswick-Lüneburg/Hanover?

1800%20FRA%20rivers.png

Last edited:
North America 1801 Dimension 398. Find more by clicking the sig.

Nice one, but the state borders are a bit arbitrary........{especially that state on the northern banks of the Ohio, what happened there?}

another attempt at a map

broshure/poster thingy

Pod during the One Hundred years war

Eh.........it sounds interesting but is just a little ASB, IMO.

Map - 1914 AD

I have finally done it! Bow before it's beauty!

First POD is that the discovery of silver at Planchas de Plata doesn't happen in 1736, and silver is not found there until 1820.

Mexico gains independence from Spain in 1810, due to a stronger focus on freedoms from injustices of monarchies, with inspirational Generals taking up the cause for freedom after el Manifiesto de la Soberanía, the Manifesto of Sovereignty, modeled after the American Declaration of Independence.

Other PODs include general acceptance of the revolution in France, with France not invading other major European Empires with the exception of Spain. (Butterflies here probably, but whatever)

Spain spent much of it's time gaining autonomy from France, and during the time that Napoleon had a leader on the throne in Madrid, he granted independence to most of Spain's colonies.

More will be explained later.

Europe and its environs in the year 650 a.d. in my timeline Cadavera Vero Innumera:

How did the Alemanni end up in Sicily? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, but the state borders are a bit arbitrary........{especially that state on the northern banks of the Ohio, what happened there?}

Eh.........it sounds interesting but is just a little ASB, IMO.

Please don't quote maps, especially multiple maps.

It's not that hard to remove the maps from the quote.

Liking the style and the alternative country names.

I like the borders, most of them make geographic sense.

Thank you.:)

The Burgundians (who would go on to form the state of Italia) hired King Gibuld and other Alemanni (who were facing Frankish encroachment at the time) as mercenaries to battle the Achaean general/rebellious warlord Justinus (OTL Byzantine Emperor Justin I) who had established control over the southern Italian peninsula and Sicily.

Well they are a mixture of were people live of revolutionary madness of change for the sake of change, though only some changes were accepted. Those to large middle areas are actually territories not states.

So, you're an engineer. A surprisingly good one, actually. You live in New York, and you've had projects in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and the Greater Republic of Central America- which, by the way, convinced Guatemala and Costa Rica to join. (Oh, did I mention? You're an engineer in the 1890s-1910s.)

So, one day, you're sitting in your office, sorting through your post, when you see a few interesting letters. Phillipe Bunau-Varilla sent you a request for information about how feasible a canal through panama would be. John Hay asked for a copy of the French report. Henry Charles Keith Petty-Fitzmaurice, Fifth Marquess of Landsowne, sent you a letter asking for both a copy of the french report and a pair of reports regarding canal potentials in Nicaragua.

However, before you could prepare your reports, the Americans bought the French canal rights, leased the Corn Islands, leased a base on the Gulf of Fonseca, and collaborated with the British on the western coast of Nicaragua.

The British, meanwhile, had leased in perpetuity a massive stretch of land jutting south from the Mosquito Coast inward to Lago Cocibolca, and had started digging from two directions (on the assumption that, if one failed, they'd have a fallback).

Thus, rather than one canal across the Isthmus, there were three. (Well, two-and-a-half, but whatever.)

Great job not getting your reports in on time.

Canal crazy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.