Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's the map to go with the former randomness.

Bruce

Cthulhu Aftermath.png

@ konrad13, Minchandre - Well, UK is more friendly with Germany in the beginning years of the 20th century rather than France. Long story short, altWWI happens and so France goes for a knock out punch against Germany's western economic areas. It is basically a reverse 'moltke plan', invading Belgium and Luxembourg. UK sides with Belgium and Germany, but US never gets involved.

Edit: Also, I am real big fan of Mongolwank as well.

Rarely (primarily because of the time it takes) do I make detailed maps of a divided China, however, as I need a way to figure out
exact borders from this point on for a project, I ended up doing one.

The below map shows the Region of China in 1937.
Areas that are obvious are'nt labeled.

The Imperial Republic of China is the successor of the Qing Empire and original Chinese Republic. The IRC is nominally democratic,
though the President (or Emperor) does have a great deal of power.
The area it officially claims is all within the same Green claim line, the area it unofficially claims is shown in separate Green claim lines.
While originally on its own, Japan has come to support the IRC over the last few years.

The People's Republic of China is, as it sounds, a Communist state, while it officially claims to be the true government of China,
in reality it's fine with what it controls for the moment, and is'nt in the business of trying to gain territory unless it knows it can.
The PRC's main supporter is the CSSR.

The Republic of China, more commonly known as Guangxi China, is a Semi-Presidential Republic, and is considered by many to be the
true successor to the Chinese Republic.
The RoC claims all of China, though instead of going on some ideological crusade, they've taken a long-term approach of gradual
Unification of China.
The RoC's main backers are the United Kingdom and Portugal.

The Federal Republic of China, commonly referred to as Yunnan China, is the most democratic of the China's, and while it has a relatively
strong central government, it has a high degree of de-centralization.
The FRC has more or less taken the same approach as the RoC, though Unification really is'nt that important to them.
The FRC's main backer is France.

Divided China.png

This is going to sound dreadfully Orwellian but economic restrictiveness, if implemented properly, can actually produce a society with greater social liberty and greater opportunity for most of its citizens, thus making them "freer".

"Orwellian" in the sense of "good ole' Eric Arthur Blair actually thought so"?

I, for one, would agree.

I wish that was a world map! :D:cool:

I second that motion. It reminds me of a half-baked Call of Cthulhu setting I dreamed up years ago, where Cthulhu arose in the 20's and stomped around for a bit before deciding to go back to sleep again and left a severely Mythos-scarred semi-post-apocalyptic world with 1920's-30's tech.

Rarely (primarily because of the time it takes) do I make detailed maps of a divided China, however, as I need a way to figure out
exact borders from this point on for a project, I ended up doing one.

The below map shows the Region of China in 1937.
Areas that are obvious are'nt labeled.

Cool but how did America get control of Shanghai.

Cool but how did America get control of Shanghai.

The ATL America developed to be much more interested in the rest of the world (IE not focused solely on its own hemisphere),
and when the ATL Boxer War came about America was one of the Six Allied Nations and got Shanghai as a Concession.

Work in progress ASB map modelled very loosely on PEI - click to see the full-size version, should the mood strike you. Still a very rough outline at the moment.

oh shit it's two in the morning how did that happen

Status
Not open for further replies.