Map of the Fortnight: Topic thread

It doesn't seem to meet the requirements of the challenge, old boy. The map must show the claims of a country; not the history of a country's dissolution.

If the Atlantic Union had lost some of its territory to rebellions and such, but still claimed some or all of that territory, then a map of these claims would meet the requirements of the challenge.

I suppose a few text changes here and there would suffice?

Nomadic barbarians meet sophisticated, prosperous empire; barbarians sack empire for shiny objects. A map illustrating a kingdom created by 'barbarian' invasions into a 'civilized' empire.

You know, I remember seeing a map for this round that I wanted to remember to vote for, but now I don't remember which one it was :eek:

How about a map depicting the spread of an ATL religion or philosophy? It could be an mutated version of an OTL belief or a completely new one.

Map illustrating an ATL world where the Macedonian invasions were not successful and instead the Spartan-led Greeks counter-attacked. Basically, a world where Greece was not conquered by Macedonia and it was the other way round.

Thande

Donor
I do like Shaucker's concept there, I believe he's referencing the famous "Portugal Is Not A Small Country" propaganda map:

portugal.jpg

Krall

Banned
I seem to have issues with remembering that I'm meant to be running this.

Anyway, the winner of MoF 12 is:

Shaucker!

Sorry for taking so long announcing your victory, old chap. And sorry to the rest of you fellows, too. :eek:

Anyway, since this week is almost over the next Map of the Fortnight shall begin next Monday, and it should hopefully continue a bit more regularly from then on. I'm still open to suggestions as to what MoF 13 should be about, though we have some very good suggestions already!