-Colonies of Canary Islands, Spanish West Africa
Republic of Portugal
Kingdom of France
Kingdom of Belgium
Kingdom of the Netherlands
Empire of Germany
-Colonies of German East Africa, German East Indies
-Colonial Cities of Macau, Beirut
-Puppet states are Duchy of Czechoslovakia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia
Swiss Confederation
Republic of Italy
Papal Lands
Kingdom of Two Sicily’s
Kingdom of Denmark
Kingdom of Sweden
Duchy of Czechoslovakia
Duchy of Belarus
Duchy of Ukraine
Duchy of Romania
Duchy of Lithuania
Duchy of Estonia
Duchy of Latvia
Kingdom of Hungary
Kingdom of Yugoslavia
National Kingdom of Greece
Kingdom of Sardinia

**Note - some of the "rebel uprisings" are not really "uprisings" so much as "presence". They aren't necessarily intense, active, or even well organized.
Ahem. Look again.

Ok so your right. Its supposed to be National Republic of Turkey. :)

"National Republics" are something of a diet-fascist police state with restricted freedoms and controls on elections. Something like a little stricter than Russia is right now.

Diamond

Banned
Imajin said:
What is the large North Italian stat that seems to encompass Switzerland and Austria?
On my map? It's the Kingdom of Italy. Capital is Milan. It was the birthplace of this TL's Industrial Revolution.

Here's the Indian Ocean from the divided South Africa world

The Association of Non-Aligned Nations is a third power bloc in the Cold War. The IOTO is a mutual defence treaty organisation among some ANAN countries along the lines of NATO.

The VPZ (United Provinces of South Africa- Afrikaner ruled apartheid state) and Rhodesia are firm allies of the US in the struggle against Communism. The VPZ even sent afrikaner troops to Vietnam.

africa.JPG

Thanks, guys. I'm not really happy with Ophir and Koth, but I couldn't figure out where else to put them. (Ophir sounds like it should be in Africa, but it's north of Koth, and if I put them both in Africa, Shem kinda gets crowded out. Perhaps Koth should be in Egypt and Shem in Arabia? But then who's in Italy?)

No real POD, just a world where the Conan stories are actual history (minus the magic and monsters): going by this

http://hyboria.xoth.net/history/hyborian_age.htm

it should be somewhere around 11,500 BC. Or, it could be today. Robert Howard's history, after all, has no real relation to ours.

(And from looking at it, I may have to move Stygia so it's no longer in the Sahara, and indicate that Koth rules Shem. Bother.)

best,
Bruce

I guess the POD is sometime after WW1 or even WW2, judging by the Oder-Neisse Line. Maybe after WW2 Eastern Europe, led by Poland, revolts against Soviet control, though the USSR keeps Eastern Ukraine and Estonia. Karelo-Finnish SSR survives as well, and after the USSR collapse joins Finland.

Though I can't explain the rest of the map...

B_Munro said:
Thanks, guys. I'm not really happy with Ophir and Koth, but I couldn't figure out where else to put them. (Ophir sounds like it should be in Africa, but it's north of Koth, and if I put them both in Africa, Shem kinda gets crowded out. Perhaps Koth should be in Egypt and Shem in Arabia? But then who's in Italy?)

No real POD, just a world where the Conan stories are actual history (minus the magic and monsters): going by this

http://hyboria.xoth.net/history/hyborian_age.htm

it should be somewhere around 11,500 BC. Or, it could be today. Robert Howard's history, after all, has no real relation to ours.

(And from looking at it, I may have to move Stygia so it's no longer in the Sahara, and indicate that Koth rules Shem. Bother.)

best,
Bruce

It all takes place before the last Ice Age. The Hyborian World is Northern Europe, part of Africa & part of Asia before the water level rose. Ophir should probably be in central Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.