Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT45

Banned
I mean, that's pretty much just the old Roman Empire minus Spain, but with a little more territory in Germany, around the Black Sea, and somewhat random-looking smatterings of territories elsewhere. It'd be more accurate to call it a "restored Roman Empire" than Byzantine, no?

With a POD of 1419?

This is a map thread, man. If you've seen bigger Byzanto-wanks you'll have to prove it. Show us your greater Byzantium!

Old and admittedly crude...

ByzantwankNth.png

From the current map contest, another alternate North America, one in which Columbus sailed for Henry VIII, not Ferdinand and Isabella, and Mexico was colonized by the British rather than the Spanish.

Less accustomed to conquest and rule over alien peoples than the Reconquista Spanish, the British were slower and more tentative in stamping out native culture, and although the Indians still died off en masse from imported disease and human sacrifice was forbidden, the majority of the population remained speakers of native languages, a number of native states managed to survive as British allies and puppets, and European settlement occured mostly in the more thinly populated areas of the north.

Bruce

Viceroyalty.PNG

Krall

Banned
I think the Free Tibet-part is rather clichéd but otherwise it's a nice map depicting a new futuristic Chinese Civil War.

From the Titanium Rain comic series, issue #1.

The map is okay, but it's spoiled by the flags (the "Sino Union"'s flag is just the PRC's flag with a few pointless changes, the "Jade Empire"'s flag is utterly ridiculous, and the Tibetan flag is drawn wrong as there should only be a gold border around three edges of the flag), the ridiculous names for the two Chinese countries, and the unrealistic scenario.

The map is okay, but it's spoiled by the flags (the "Sino Union"'s flag is just the PRC's flag with a few pointless changes, the "Jade Empire"'s flag is utterly ridiculous, and the Tibetan flag is drawn wrong as there should only be a gold border around three edges of the flag), the ridiculous names for the two Chinese countries, and the unrealistic scenario.

The two Chinese flags are awesome, and it's taken straight from Wiki. Also, the Yu Dynasty seems like a great idea.

This'll likely be the last map from this series I'll be posting to keep from giving to much away.

It's 1861, a year since the Civil War broke out.
President Lincoln has just been sworn in and the Congress is controlled by a joint coalition of Republicans and Federalists who have made their intentions to end slavery known.

North America - Civil War.png

Krall

Banned
The two Chinese flags are awesome, and it's taken straight from Wiki. Also, the Yu Dynasty seems like a great idea.

The Jade Empire's flag is an abomination. Maybe it's just the shock of seeing a country dedicated to returning its lost glory under a traditional monarchy using what is the most futuristic and decidedly non-traditional flag I've ever see.

Thande

Donor
The Jade Empire's flag is an abomination. Maybe it's just the shock of seeing a country dedicated to returning its lost glory under a traditional monarchy using what is the most futuristic and decidedly non-traditional flag I've ever see.

I'm guessing the Chinese just really like Atari TIE Fighter games.

VT45

Banned
Erm...that's not a POD, that's OTL :confused:

I think what he means is that Jesus was executed at the same time as John the Baptist. Which again, doesn't make much sense since according to the Armenian Genocide, they were killed the same year.

Titanium Rain Poll results of the 2028 Presidential Election (USA)

I like the new true multi-party system at federal level.

Do you notice the democratic states?
No? Me neither. :p
Obama's universal health care reform did fail in this world.

I like the new true multi-party system at federal level.

Do you notice the democratic states?
No? Me neither. :p
Obama's universal health care reform did fail in this world.

A few questions:

Who did Hawaii vote for? It's all blackish?

What happened to Maryland?

Why is the California border so weird? I mean, I know that they'd talked about splitting North and South in the past, but that border is just . . . wrong.

Why is Alaska missing its panhandle?

Why is their a Republican party if their's no Democratic party?
Either they both completely split, or neither do, also, the Rps are the ones likely to be split by that point in time.

Also, Obama is'nt trying to get a Univrsal Healthcare System.

Of course, given that this is from Military Fiction..

Why is the California border so weird? I mean, I know that they'd talked about splitting North and South in the past, but that border is just . . . wrong.

I quite like that border myself, better than a striaght line.

Status
Not open for further replies.