Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unspecified POD

Map v.2 September 3rd, 1923

unspecified.png

A Naziwank with France not integrated? Nada.

No deGaulle or 'Free French' in WW2; Vichy France recognized by Britain as legit. gov't as part of the peace terms. Vichy France "integrated" as part of New Europe. As said, most of Europe is linked to Germany via trade and military alliances. Germany helped saved the French and Portugese colonies in the '60s and '70s.

No Nazi death wank. Uber Germanization or "Aryanization" of select Slavs - due to the fact that the leadership realized mass murder was bad for business. Germany forced Britain to allow Palestine to be used as a dumping ground for Jews.

1986, week 5:
NATO is making a drive to relieve Paris.
Soviets are making little progress in Britain.
Sweden is still in the fight.

1986 week 5.PNG

Krall

Banned
1986, week 5:
NATO is making a drive to relieve Paris.
Soviets are making little progress in Britain.
Sweden is still in the fight.

Wait, why are they attempting an amphibious invasion of Britain when they're still fighting on four or five fronts in mainland Europe?

Fairly basic WWZ map. "Tribal", in this case, signifies that the area in question has little in the way of organized government or population.

WWZdone.png

Of all places, why does a "Defence Union of American States" use the British spelling?

Yay for frosting covered Finland and Iceland?

Great map overall though.

Last edited:
Why Finland? I remember Iceland's reason from the book, but not Finland. If it is your own creation, I'm going to have to say it was a bad choice...

I was playing around with a whole bunch of various maps with a bunch of different PODs, but I then I figured that instead of making six or seven small local maps I should merge them all together into one completely ASB world map (I also deviated from UCS somewhat). So a challenge: Find a way to make this map even semi-logical. :p

Inspired me...

Bruce

ASBFix.png

To go with the strange zombie craze. Premise, all dead bodies of good enough condition rise up from their graves. Biting spreads it. However, unlike in the movies the aurhorites catch on in a few hours at most, by seeing mindless zombies wandering. These slow shuffling creatures were delt with by the militaries fairly quickly, since they pose about zero theat to most military vehicles.
zomb.png

zomb.png

To go with the strange zombie craze. Premise, all dead bodies of good enough condition rise up from their graves. Biting spreads it. However, unlike in the movies the aurhorites catch on in a few hours at most, by seeing mindless zombies wandering. These slow shuffling creatures were delt with by the militaries fairly quickly, since they pose about zero theat to most military vehicles.
View attachment 83335

Interesting premise. :)

In some places with high pop density, the zombies could still get a good number of people within this time frame. Plus, it might be hard to find some of these zombies as well. You'd never know if you had gotten all of them.

In some places with high pop density, the zombies could still get a good number of people within this time frame. Plus, it might be hard to find some of these zombies as well. You'd never know if you had gotten all of them.
Yes, plenty of them are still in sewers and such, but they are a minimal threat. The moaning of the zombies gave people some warning, and the zombies were slow with no real tactics, just spreading slowly and aimlessly from the graveyards. So yes there were casaulties, but nothing like the movies.

Wait, why are they attempting an amphibious invasion of Britain when they're still fighting on four or five fronts in mainland Europe?

Capture the airfields? For the most part, it wasn't amphibious, it was just a couple or three airborne divisions with ample air support based in the Low Countries. Since I have banned nukes from this series, the only way to shut down an airfield for keeps would be to take it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.