Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I, too, have made a North America map recently.

The main thought behind it was "If there's no manifest destiny/massive migration forcing expansion, what would the non-European bits of NA look like eventually?"

Couple of points:

1. Some 'Native States', such as the Iroquois in OTL upstate New York, have been long recognized by the various European powers, while others, such as the Ute Nation, were only just formally recognized and drawn up on the map.

2. The "Virginian States" refer to a collection of English-Scots-Irish-majority countries in the American southeast and Bermudas. Rather than ever being formal colonies of England or Scotland (either of their Kingdom or Republican forms), these "Virginian" settlements generally were the result of private efforts and almost never recieved support from the Isles' governments.

3. Note that the Niagara Falls area is Dutch.

NAwcolorsmallwithlegend.PNG

The main thought behind it was "If there's no manifest destiny/massive migration forcing expansion, what would the non-European bits of NA look like eventually?"

Couple of points:

1. Some 'Native States', such as the Iroquois in OTL upstate New York, have been long recognized by the various European powers, while others, such as the Ute Nation, were only just formally recognized and drawn up on the map.

2. The "Virginian States" refer to a collection of English-Scots-Irish-majority countries in the American southeast and Bermudas. Rather than ever being formal colonies of England or Scotland (either of their Kingdom or Republican forms), these "Virginian" settlements generally were the result of private efforts and almost never recieved support from the Isles' governments.

That's... rather awesome.

Excellent work.

Another map for my timeline. This time of the Republic of California with a little bit of information about it. Also a little practice with effects.

California Republic.png

Thank you! If you're interested in the world then I suggest you look at these maps and flags and their descriptions on my DeviantArt.

Great stuff Krall! So is this going to be a series of stories or are you just going to create the world and history? If you've got any actual stores I'd love to read them.

Germany continues it's trench warfare, but begins to lose gound due to the mass amounts of troops being poured into Yugoslavia. German generals continue to be discontent with the random invasion.
The Second Winter War continues in the Soviet favor, with the Soviets quickly advancing through Finland. Stalin begins plans to make a Finnish SSR.
The Italians fully control the rest of the Middle East not under foreign control. They also begin an invasion of Iran, while sceintiests in Rome begin to split the atom.
American scientests also work on nuclear physics, largley equal with the Italians, due yo both being remote from warfare.
German officials now surely doubt Hitler's competence, feeling he is suffering from dementia and madness.
The Sino-Soviet War continues in Stalin's favor, with near all of Northern China occuopied, and the puppet stae in Manchuria becoming a haven for Chinese Communist leaders.
Whaddya think?​

three seconds.png

Germany continues it's trench warfare, but begins to lose gound due to the mass amounts of troops being poured into Yugoslavia. German generals continue to be discontent with the random invasion.

The Second Winter War continues in the Soviet favor, with the Soviets quickly advancing through Finland. Stalin begins plans to make a Finnish SSR.
The Italians fully control the rest of the Middle East not under foreign control. They also begin an invasion of Iran, while sceintiests in Rome begin to split the atom.
American scientests also work on nuclear physics, largley equal with the Italians, due yo both being remote from warfare.
German officials now surely doubt Hitler's competence, feeling he is suffering from dementia and madness.
The Sino-Soviet War continues in Stalin's favor, with near all of Northern China occuopied, and the puppet stae in Manchuria becoming a haven for Chinese Communist leaders.

Whaddya think?​
Epic, m'boy. Why don't you just have us annex rump Mexico and be done with?;)

Original concepts there. I'm not sure about that big vertical border through Brazil, but it's a decent enough map overall.

Oh, admittedly it's fantasy resulting from too many differences with OTL to list as a result of a few Paradox games.

The vertical borders through the Amazon are meant to be reminiscent of the straight borders in the Southern and Western US - drawn on the map with a ruler after a war with Mexico (Brazil in this case).

The naming of the states was the most fun part of it, for me at least.

Couple of points:

That is a truly cool map.

I'm just surprised to see Denmark in New Sweden.

Nice: only objection is that there seems to be too many straight borders. I had something vaguely similar i was working on a while ago - I'll have to try to finish it.

Bruce

Another map, inspired by the story "The Receivers" in Lake's recent "Other Earths" collection: in which WWI runs a wee bit longer than otl....

Bruce

LoongWorldWarI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.