Wait, is that a Portuguese Mataram? :confused:

Anyway - Dieselpunk fantasy map!!!

fantasydieselpunkmap6.png

Thande

Donor
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Wait, is that a Portuguese Mataram? :confused:

Portuguese-influenced. And nice use of the inverse Europe fantasy basemap (that must now be the most used non-OTL basemap ever ;) )

EDIT: Kingdom of Rhovanion?? I know Tolkien used Slavic words for a lot of the stuff pertaining to Wilderland but...

Krall

Banned

OTL Europe with some geography and names changed? How immensely boring!

Seriously, though, be more imaginative. Taking inspiration from OTL is all well and good, but your map has taken far too much from OTL, to the point where Saa' West Asri/Spanish West Africa is actually on the East side of the map.

Very interesting map. I'm especially curious about the Georgia/Florida Situation. So, I hope you don't mind me guessing about it.

So I assume for Georgia that the Situation was very similar to 1992 Election were Ross Perot divided the Republican vote. Also, I would assume Mormonphobic voters would further divide the vote, thus winning Hillary the State that Bill won 16 years earlier. Is this what you had in mind, or was I dead wrong?

I based this on a game of President Forever 2008.

Gravel got around eight to ten percent or more (I didn't check) in Georgia. This screwed up the vote potentially, and although religion isn't taken into account in the game, I'd guess that there would be some Mormophobia.

Doesn't explain though, why the hell Romney won typically "blue" states like Washington, Oregon, and Pennsylvania. Maybe because he's left on a lot of issues.

I'm working on a 2012 scenario, with Ron Paul as the Libertarian candidate.

A "Germany wins WW1" map. France loses the most, but Britain also loses some colonies. Finland is established with great help from Germany to prevent the new Soviet Russia from threatening Europe. War between Great Britain and Germany has been prevented from going full scale, but as Germany starts to overtake Britain economically and militarily, the two giants will eventually clash yet again.

WW1postmap.png

Here's a goofy little map of my massive Brandenburg from my EU2 MyMap game, which I cheated heavily in.
Dark Grey= initial territory & territory gained via conquest;
Light Grey= territory acquired via diplomatic annexations;
Dark Red= vassals;
Red= vassal conquered territory.
My BB is at 18, unfortunately, and France extends to Kleves. This is what happens when you set the AI aggressiveness to furious.

1449 clean.png

1848 goes better. Don't worry, Susano, the forces of reaction will lose in the end and Germany will be united eventually... :)

Bruce

1848DoesBetter2.png

1848 goes better. Don't worry, Susano, the forces of reaction will lose in the end and Germany will be united eventually... :)

Bruce
It looks like "Great Britain (Magnificently Isolated)" was added to the map on top of correction fluid.

History 101

Here's something I did,a really basic map. Of what the New World might look like if European Empires still controled it.. to keep things easy..present day boarders are kept.

Purple-Russian Empire
Pink- British Empire
Yellow- Spanish Empire
Lime Green- Portugese Empire
Gray- French Empire
Red- Japanese Empire
Brown- Norwegian Empire

Copy of Americas%25202009.png

Here's something I did,a really basic map. Of what the New World might look like if European Empires still controled it.. to keep things easy..present day boarders are kept.

Purple-Russian Empire
Pink- British Empire
Yellow- Spanish Empire
Gray- French Empire
Red- Japanese Empire
Brown- Norwegian Empire

Interesting, but you've drastically inflated Brazil. It reaches to the fringes of the Bolivian Plateau, which was decidedly Spanish and very hard to reach through the Amazon, abnd has for some reason taken over the equally Spanish Plata mouth, which makes the Spanish possesion of Patagonia logistically bizarre.

I based this on a game of President Forever 2008.

Gravel got around eight to ten percent or more (I didn't check) in Georgia. This screwed up the vote potentially, and although religion isn't taken into account in the game, I'd guess that there would be some Mormophobia.

Doesn't explain though, why the hell Romney won typically "blue" states like Washington, Oregon, and Pennsylvania. Maybe because he's left on a lot of issues.

I'm working on a 2012 scenario, with Ron Paul as the Libertarian candidate.

Yeah, I was curious about that, but in any case, this sounds like an awesome game. What would you rate it?

Philip

Donor
Dark Grey= initial territory & territory gained via conquest;
Light Grey= territory acquired via diplomatic annexations;
Dark Red= vassals;
Red= vassal conquered territory.

Put the key in the map. Don't tell me about the colors. Show me.

Romanist Bohemia? Seriously? I have a difficult time believing they would self-identify in that manner.

to keep things easy..present day boarders are kept.

Easy? Take some pride in you work, and spend the extra 30 seconds it takes to remove the OTL borders.

Purple-Russian Empire
Pink- British Empire
Yellow- Spanish Empire
Gray- French Empire
Red- Japanese Empire
Brown- Norwegian Empire
Coloring the names still isn't as useful or attractive as putting the key in the image.

Interesting, but you've drastically inflated Brazil. It reaches to the fringes of the Bolivian Plateau, which was decidedly Spanish and very hard to reach through the Amazon, abnd has for some reason taken over the equally Spanish Plata mouth, which makes the Spanish possesion of Patagonia logistically bizarre.
He also gave Brazil French Guiana and France Suriname.

ok..i need some help with identification.. the regions on this map are located within Germany (Central Europe). i am trying to locate the region once known as Magdeburg.. the region in Gray and with the Orange Border is Brandenburg. the way i see it, the region in blue should be Anhalt, leaving the red to be Magdeburg.. however i am unsure as to whether this is the case or not.. could someone help me?

Magdeburg.png

Magdeburg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.