US Victory in Vietnam

Hey Macsporan what's your problem? I was in the equivalent of a Home Guard, not a neo-nazi death squad. I'm not even American, FWIW, though I do like and admire the US and its record in international affairs.

Jeez.

Another far left US hater. :mad: Pointless even discussing things with him...probably still has a peeling "No blood for Oil" sticker on his car bumper from 2003. I know the type well.

I wonder what makes these people so bitter and full of hatred for a country they know little if anything about? Bet he thinks Jane Fonda was a patriot. ;)

Re pacifists, I share Tulip's opinion.

Last edited:

Hashasheen

Banned
I have nothing but respect for pascifists who refuse to be conscripted. I'm not a pacifist and I would most surely join the military if conscripted (and maybe otherwise as well) but someone who stands for his ideals under pressure has nothing but character.
This. Though I'd respect them even more if they entered in an non-combatant role... That way they can be pacifists and not kill anyone.

What? One of those Timothy McViegh Rightwing nutjob outfits that blow up women and children?

Well, nice know where you're coming from.

Still the US in Vietnam had a lot or real good fun blowing up women and children in Vietnam, but all good things must come to an end, eh?

Can't go pouring the blood and treasure of the country down the same old South-East Asian rat-hole forever.

Got a problem with people who won't serve their country?

Well the rest of us have a problem with stupid, violent, ignorant Yank dunderheads who think they've got the right to invade other people's countries; either by the establishment of corrupt incompetent puppet-states as in Vietnam, or more recently just straight-out Hitler-style aggression as in Iraq.

I think the true heroes of the Vietnam era were the draft resisters: they were patriotic enough to resist involvement in an immoral, unwinnable war wholly created, sustained and financed by the good o' US of A in direct violation of historic American values, and brave enough to stand up to both the power of the State and the hateful thugs of the Right, many of whom, like the recently defunct George Bush and Dick Cheney, were carefully somewhere else at the time; just like you, it seems.

But don't let it get you down: after all it was good practice for helping out all those nice Death Squads in such lovely places as Guatemala and El Salvador.

You won that one. Makes you feel warm, right here.

Macsporan

I think your post is very illuminating, about what passes for your mental processes. I bet you even think your some moderate civilised person. Try reading your own post again. I think the technical term is a hate-rant. If you had actually read what was being posted you might have noticed that Weaver isn't even American. Also what kind of person makes blanket statements about entire nations? Try reading some Nazi propaganda and you might see the resemblance.

Steve

What? One of those Timothy McViegh Rightwing nutjob outfits that blow up women and children?

Still the US in Vietnam had a lot or real good fun blowing up women and children in Vietnam, but all good things must come to an end, eh?

Can't go pouring the blood and treasure of the country down the same old South-East Asian rat-hole forever.

Well the rest of us have a problem with stupid, violent, ignorant Yank dunderheads who think they've got the right to invade other people's countries; either by the establishment of corrupt incompetent puppet-states as in Vietnam, or more recently just straight-out Hitler-style aggression as in Iraq.

I think the true heroes of the Vietnam era were the draft resisters: they were patriotic enough to resist involvement in an immoral, unwinnable war wholly created, sustained and financed by the good o' US of A in direct violation of historic American values, and brave enough to stand up to both the power of the State and the hateful thugs of the Right, many of whom, like the recently defunct George Bush and Dick Cheney, were carefully somewhere else at the time; just like you, it seems.

But don't let it get you down: after all it was good practice for helping out all those nice Death Squads in such lovely places as Guatemala and El Salvador.

I'm also fairly liberal, but I think you go way too far. It is true that the US did many things during the Cold War that were of questionable morality, and perhaps they made bad judgement, but there is a line between protest and betrayal.

Those people who protested Vietnam peacefully have my respect, however those who raised North Korean flags do not. Those people who booed our soldiers, democrat and republican, most of whom did not participate in any massacres, they should frankly go to hell. In those times, it took just as much courage to volunteer to serve in Vietnam, as it did for someone to refuse the draft.

People like you on the extreme left are as bad as those on the right.

Isn't calling the war in Iraq a Hitler-style aggresion a bit trollish don't you think?

Nikephoros

Banned

That just crosses the line. You are basically accusing Weaver of being equal to Tim McVeigh!:mad:

Like My Lai? Maybe there was some kind of government cover up, but the main perps got punished.

Vietnam and Iraq may have been the wrong wars in the wrong places (I don't wanna get into that argument) but equating them with Hitler is wrong. One, those actions don't even begin to compare to Hitler, and two, saying that trivializes the evil of the Third Reich.

Most of the fighting in Vietnam by the US was under LBJ. You would be hard pressed to call him a Rightist. (Although many here might say he was centrist)

This. Though I'd respect them even more if they entered in an non-combatant role... That way they can be pacifists and not kill anyone.

I can remember of a few who did that. (Don't ask for names though, sorry) They served as medics, but weren't armed, even in self-defense. It takes a lot of guts to enter a warzone, and not carry a weapon.

Last edited:
I can remember of a few who did that. (Don't ask for names though, sorry) They served as medics, but weren't armed, even in self-defense. It takes a lot of guts to enter a warzone, and not carry a weapon.
Yeah, These Days it's Kind of an All or Nothing Thing, Too ...

Al-Qaeda Fighters, Rarely Show Respect to The Red Crescent, Let ALONE to The Red Cross ...

Thus, American Medics can't Depend on being Recognized as Non-Combatants; So, Some of them Have Started Carrying Offensive Weapons Instead, To Make Sure they Can at Least Shoot Back!

:eek:

backstab

Banned

That is the most pathetic thing I have ever read ......... maybe you should get out of australia and live in a country more your suiting ? how about north korea ?
Go back to school and learn some history.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor

Back after a year, and this is your tenth post?

I'd say that qualifies as incorrigible trolling. Banned.