Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another now outdated SF future, courtesy of Isaac Asimov's "The Evitable Conflict"

Bruce

Asimovs2.png

Last edited:
I always thought of Capital City as being on the coast... But good job, and glad to see someone else who's read I, Robot too.
The edition I looked at says it spreads over the "fertile uplands of Nigeria".

Anyhoo, here's another quicky. This one is Europe from "Aeolus", in "GURPS Alternate Earths II", some 30-odd years after the story setting, and some five years after the collapse of the Russian Habsburg monarchy in the Second Republican War.

The first Republican War established the independence of Republican Alliance (later, the Confederation). The second one has brought about the collapse of the French and Russian monarchies, and expanded the Confederation's borders from the Rhine to the Dneiper.

Still, although Republicanism has triumphed in Europe, the future does not seem entirely rosy. The new Russian government, rather than clasping hands with the Confederation government in republican brotherhood, is grumbling about the loss of "their" territories and has a distubingly racist, anti-Semitic tone to it's pronouncements. The new French republic is not looking very stable, and accross the sea, the Commonwealth remains unfriendly to the mostly Catholic RC, although currently too busy with it's efforts to open up East Asia and Africa to God and Free Trade (at gunpoint when needed) to pay much attention to European affairs...

(yes, the Holy Land is under joint Italian-Turkish protection. Neither the Sultan or the Pope wants to see the second holiest places in Islam and the holiest in Christendom under the control of either Shi'a heretics or the backward Islamic extremists who recently "cleansed" Egypt with fire and the sword.)

Bruce

Aeolus3.png

Work in progress... I want to make sure I haven't screwed up the position of any cities. Eyeballing it is one thing, but I want Anglistanti opinions here.

Anglistan.png

(yes, the Holy Land is under joint Italian-Turkish protection. Neither the Sultan or the Pope wants to see the second holiest places in Islam and the holiest in Christendom under the control of either Shi'a heretics or the backward Islamic extremists who recently "cleansed" Egypt with fire and the sword.)

Bruce

Haven't read it. I love this part.

Thande

Donor
Work in progress... I want to make sure I haven't screwed up the position of any cities. Eyeballing it is one thing, but I want Anglistanti opinions here.

What you fail to realise, O Black Fleet Crisis Author, is that thanks to the British Education System, we have less notion of where they are than you do ;)

Checking them against a map, they mostly look okay, but Preston needs to be a bit farther east and Norwich farther north.

What is this, alternate English Civil War?

Faeelin

Banned
Anyhoo, here's another quicky. This one is Europe from "Aeolus", in "GURPS Alternate Earths II", some 30-odd years after the story setting, and some five years after the collapse of the Russian Habsburg monarchy in the Second Republican War.

The first Republican War established the independence of Republican Alliance (later, the Confederation). The second one has brought about the collapse of the French and Russian monarchies, and expanded the Confederation's borders from the Rhine to the Dneiper.

Yes, it dose seem like the French lost a bit of territory. Still, great!

What you fail to realise, O Black Fleet Crisis Author, is that thanks to the British Education System, we have less notion of where they are than you do ;)

Checking them against a map, they mostly look okay, but Preston needs to be a bit farther east and Norwich farther north.
Now that you say it, they do look a little off. Thankee, I'll fix it posthaste.

What is this, alternate English Civil War?
Quiet you.

The allies attacked the germans in late 1939, thus pulling more germans to the western front, so Estonia was never conquered being out of the way for attacking Russia. In the West the germans tried to sneak behing the allies through the neutral Netherlands. The allies wound up concentrating more on Germany and Italy, so communist rebels freed the Netherlands.

That's only one in a series of five, too!

You should be thankful I didn't post the one with Spanish landings in Ipswich and Hull.

Hewaaaaa!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Yorkshiremen! To arms! To arms! Together we must crush the Hispanophile invasion!

Damn you Ofaloaf! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.