Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Donor
Thank you both!

Now then, here is the map. I've been experimenting a bit with some visual effects. This is a continuation of my WWI map series, and you can see the rest of them here.

Very nice. It might be helpful if you put the map and text in separate posts.

A fairly random map. I imagine it as a sort of steampunkish setting, perhaps a world in which Sherlock Holmes was a historical figure...

Bruce

SherlockWorld2.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
A fairly random map. I imagine it as a sort of steampunkish setting, perhaps a world in which Sherlock Holmes was a historical figure...

Bruce

I always enjoy your maps.

I would suggest not making Britain the same colour as the dominions (or "commonwealths" in your setting) because it is 'directly ruled from London'. But I liked the refreshingly realistic complexity in India, among other things.

Also, you can get a better CSA border using the maps off the Blank Map Thread that have that basemap but with the lines drawn in for the US states.

Krall

Banned
Oh. Well that's good to know. Thankee.

This map took far too long to make.

Awesome map.

However, the sword and scabard appear to be floating.

Also, how do you do shadows? Do you just make the image of the thing black using contrast and then make it really blurry?

Awesome map.

However, the sword and scabard appear to be floating.
It is true that only the point of the sword is not floating, but the scabbard is assuredly under gravity's influence.

Also, how do you do shadows? Do you just make the image of the thing black using contrast and then make it really blurry?
Prety much. I streched mine to reflect the location of the light source, though.

The sword and scabbard appear to be serving their purpose well - no-one has yet commented on the flaws of the actual map (or Uberhessen).

Krall

Banned
The sword and scabbard appear to be serving their purpose well - no-one has yet commented on the flaws of the actual map (or Uberhessen).

I think a flaw of the actual map is the fact that hundreds of overlapping tea stains make it very hard to see at all.

BTW, how do you do those tea stains?

BTW, how do you do those tea stains?
With tea, of course. I didn't use the vat for this one, though. Just spilled it on top.

Maybe now people will :eek: at Uberhessen. Or Turbo-Mongols. Or gilded lettering. Or something other than "ooh, pretty sword".

Status
Not open for further replies.