Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

Excellent last two updates Zach! It's nice to see Russia getting back on its feet and the world finally gearing up for another war.

Maybe because his face was probably taken from a real-life SS officer or some other kind of Fascist.

That was my hunch as well.

Ok, Morchenko is cool. I want to have Morchenko as a drinking buddy. Morchenko seems like he'd be fun drunk...

But Lund...

I have a feeling I'm going to want to give Lund a big ol' bear-hug!:eek:

Great update. Just one question, why would Sweden have allied with France? Sweden was a part of nearly every Coalition, and if Russia was never attacked, then Sweden and Russia would never have fought against one another. So, what happened there...

I have a question. What is Poland doing all that time? Poles were loyal allies of France and they were paid for it with muchy bigger territory. Even counting destruction the war had to cause, Poland had a lot of time to rebuold and should be relatively strong country and, once again, guardian of French interests in Eastern Europe. Somehow, I don't think Poles would only sit looking at Russia invading Romania. Also, new situation in Prussia sounds ominious to Poland - Warsaw must do something.

Kriegdämmerung said:
But Lund...

Lund's picture is Konrad Hallgren, an OTL Swedish Nazi.

Kriegdämmerung said:
Great update. Just one question, why would Sweden have allied with France? Sweden was a part of nearly every Coalition, and if Russia was never attacked, then Sweden and Russia would never have fought against one another. So, what happened there...

You're absolutely right. I'll have to correct that.

seraphim74 said:
I have a question. What is Poland doing all that time? Poles were loyal allies of France and they were paid for it with muchy bigger territory. Even counting destruction the war had to cause, Poland had a lot of time to rebuold and should be relatively strong country and, once again, guardian of French interests in Eastern Europe. Somehow, I don't think Poles would only sit looking at Russia invading Romania. Also, new situation in Prussia sounds ominious to Poland - Warsaw must do something.

Yikes, I forgot to write about Poland in my recent tour of Europe section. Poland is crucial and indeed is becoming stronger and stronger. It is staunchly pro-French and of course looks at Prussia and Russia nervously. It has in recent years (1915 onwards) becoming quite the military state and has its own armament plants but still relies a bit on French military aid. It has a modern, up-to-date army but still relies on many conscripts. I will write a section on Poland before WWII. Here is a list of their monarchs:

Monarchs of Poland
Joseph I (1818-1848)
Joseph II (1848)
Caroline I (1848-1855)
Augustus IV (1855-1872)
Charles I (1872-1887)
Charles II (1887-1907)
Joseph III (1907-1931)
Augustus V (1931-1960)
Caroline II (1960-1965)
Conrad I (1965-1989)
Conrad II (1989-2003)
Conrad III (2003-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a speech for Morchenko written by Hamburger. Many thinks to Hamburger for writing one of Morchenko's Zavtra speeches!

And no, it appears as if nothing is done small in this timeline :D

Tomorrow looks us in the eye, and asks us what we want it to bring. When Prince Nevsky was asked this question, he answered "a Russia strong and mighty enough to resist the Germanic and Mongol hordes". When Tsar Ivan IV was asked, he answered "a Russia free from the poisonous corruption of the boyars". When Great Tsar Peter was asked, he answered "a Russia with access to the West so that she may compete with the world and prosper". Now, my countrymen we are faced with the same bold question and we must answer it in the spirit of our great forefathers.

My countrymen, Tomorrow asks us! What do we want it to bring? Do we want a Russia that enjoys peace, justice, unity, strength and prosperity? Yes! Of course we do. But not just any Peace, we want a fair peace, a peace that begets peace, a peace that cannot be threatened by the throes of tyrants, a peace that leaves no room for conspiracies to thrive. We want justice, true justice, not the "justice" of unwarranted peace treaties tainted with the ill will of spoiled victors. We want justice that answers the crimes of the past and punishes its guilty perpetrators. If entire nations must be razed to the ground to serve this justice, then so be it. We Russians have nothing to fear.

Unity! We want an unbreakable unity, one that is not shattered by internal dissent and external pressure, one that is strong enough to act as a shield against the swords of our enemies. But how can this unity exist if we are divided on everything from the most earthly matters to the most divine ones? It is most certainly the Russian way to have one Tsar and one crown but is it also such with thirty different parties and thirty different faiths, all scrambling for supremacy and control? Which party and which faith shall Russia stand behind? I think God himself has written the obvious choices in the sky, in our history and within the souls and consciousness of the Russian people. There shall be a firm, unshakable unity among all the peoples of Russia. It shall last for a thousand years and it shall exist only under one Tsar, one Church and one Party.

We want strength. But what does this mean exactly? It means two things, the will and the means. We have the will as we have always had, to fight on the side of good, to defend ourselves, to stand up for what we know is right and to resist the hordes that wish to destroy us. But do we have the means? We certainly deserve it just as any other nation does. But certain tyrants to the West of us have decided to strip Russia of her military might. They want our borders to remain open to invasion, our young men to grow up as dandies, ignorant of the ways of battle, the Motherland to live under their shadow, in a constant state of fear and intimidation. My countrymen, I assure you that none of these shall pass for we already have the will and the will always gives birth to the means. It is an inevitability that Russia will regain her armies, her guns, her ships and above all, her dignity.

We want prosperity, but only if it comes from the honest work and noble efforts of our own people and no one else. Russia must not re-enter the world stage as beggars and brigands. For what self-respecting nation takes without shame pitiful handouts from its neighbors? Only Russian labor, Russian industry and Russian commerce can build the Motherland and raise it to new heights. Self-sufficiency is the word that should be in every Russian laborer’s heart and mind. Like an industrious farmer who rests heartily at the end of a fruitful harvest with the knowledge that he and not anyone else but himself is responsible for the present prosperity, all of Russia shall do the same.

Lastly, my countrymen, we desire one more thing for Tomorrow. And this is one of our most noble desires, the fact that we, the Russian people ask for this in our prayers every night is a testament to our righteousness and goodwill. We want freedom! But not for ourselves, we have already won our freedom when we defeated the Equalitarian scum. Russia is a free country, so who, Tomorrow asks do we want freedom for. Freedom is a universal right for all decent nations and to deprive this from any such nation is to commit a grave crime in the eyes of God. Who then, has committed the grave crime of unjustly depriving one nation of its freedom?

You know their name and you are familiar with their work. They are the scourge of Europe, the traditional enemies of Christendom. Opposed to any from of peace and justice, it is in their very blood to terrorize, impede and destroy the progress of civilization. Everything from the way they think to the nature of their actions to the very god they pray to, is descended from the most mongrel ideals. Below them as subjects to their tyranny and as victims to their terror are a people of the opposite breed. A people much more like us, much more like any civilized nation. In fact, these people are our brethren, our kinsmen, these people are Slavs!

Do you think that it would be in accordance with the righteous and noble nature of our nation if we just stand by and watch as everyday, honorable Slavic men are executed under the most draconian laws, good-tempered Slavic women violated in orgies befitting beasts and innocent Slavic children imprisoned like common criminals and starved to their very deaths? Do you think God would continue to look at us with favorable eyes if we let such travesties happen? The answer is a resounding No! It is now, my conviction that the forces of history have entrusted us with the sacred duty to bring forth the burning torch of liberation into the Balkans and there, it shall do nothing but enlighten the oppressed and scorch the oppressors.

Tomorrow, we want a Russia that enjoys peace, justice, unity, strength and prosperity. We want freedom not for ourselves but for the ones who need it the most. We answered Tomorrow’s question but does this mean that our dreams will come into fruition? Or will they remain distant, unattainable dreams? We all know what happened when our forefathers answered Tomorrow's question. We know this because the dreams of their Tomorrow have built the beautiful Motherland we so love and cherish today. The very ground we stand on and the very cities we live in are monuments to their achievements. Tomorrow brought them what they asked for and I am certain that by God, it will give us too what we so humbly ask for today. But my countrymen, we must remember one thing, Tomorrow does not grant wishes, it rewards endeavor and perseverance.

Tomorrow belongs to us!

Long live the Tsar and the Russian people!

Towards a glorious and greater Tomorrow!

Alright, you are starting to scare me. Semi fuindamentalism, monarchism, militarism, nationalism, self sufficency: this is coming close to my idealogy!?

Also the speech sounds good. If you had introduced him with this speech I would be supporting the guy. Unlike with incidents like OTL Czechoslovakia, the Turks ATL are being assinine and evil to the Russiuan coethnics. Personally I hope to see to Ottolman Empire kicked out of Europe, they are just colonizers like the Eueropeans in Africa and should be hastily evicted.

Great speech, by the way will we ever get Morchenko's exact territorial demands? Going with his being a much more rational person than Hitler he probably will not demand the world, but I think it would be interesting to see what it is exactly that he wants. Also I think it would be interesting if this new Great War ends with a compromise so that it would be even more different from World War Two.

Or is it you who read our minds?

By the way will the chocolate chip cookie be invented ITTL? If not it is much closer to being a dystopic world.

Alright, you are starting to scare me. Semi fuindamentalism, monarchism, militarism, nationalism, self sufficency: this is coming close to my idealogy!?

...Please tell me the hatred of the Turkish people isn't another thing my buddy Morchenko and you share...

No, but excellent speech Hamburger/Zach.

Finally, so the new "Axis" is going to be Prussia/Sweden/Russia?

Why does that seem familiar?

Here is a speech for Morchenko written by Hamburger. Many thinks to Hamburger for writing one of Morchenko's Zavtra speeches!

And no, it appears as if nothing is done small in this timeline :D

Thanks for letting me contribute, Zach! :) It was a great honor and pleasure. I felt that if it was any shorter, it wouldn't live up to and blend in with the length and great amount of detail found in the rest of your brilliant TL.

Kriegdämmerung said:

I don't know?! Has someone used that in another TL? Will I be accused of plagiarism?! :eek:

Hamburger said:
Thanks for letting me contribute, Zach! It was a great honor and pleasure. I felt that if it was any shorter, it wouldn't live up to and blend in with the length and great amount of detail found in the rest of your brilliant TL.

Thank you for the speech! :)

Mayhap I am being selfish...but so be it!

I want more maps to show the borders of this wonderful new world that has been created!

Please...there I said please.

I agree, I've made three world maps (see page 1) and they are sorely inaccurate and ugly. I will make maps.

Also!

COMING SOON: Asia, Africa, Middle East

...Please tell me the hatred of the Turkish people isn't another thing my buddy Morchenko and you share...

No, but excellent speech Hamburger/Zach.

Don't forget Japan is included... A "Quadri-partite Axis"... doesn't role off the tongue easily, but tastes yummy nonetheless :D

I don't know?! Has someone used that in another TL? Will I be accused of plagiarism?! :eek:

I dunno. It just looks familiar. But I think that an evil Sweden is pretty original, especially in a serious TL...

;)

Don't forget Japan is included... A "Quadri-partite Axis"... doesn't role off the tongue easily, but tastes yummy nonetheless :D

When did Japan join the "Axis"? And I think "Quadruple Axis" sounds 'bout right...

Nope, I really dislike their government and policies ITTL, but I do not hate ethnic groups, only individuals, organizations, and certain ideas. Though the French are annoying at times, and the American school children cannot find the bootleg of Italy on a map of Europe(true story I was there in Ohio).

But no I do not hate Turks.