Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, maybe you can do it with Canberra?

(It should be around 149 degrees East and 36 degrees South)

Indeed I can. This time I used a Robinson projection. For a lsit of projections, go to thi slink: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/map/

canberra.png

Wait...

Why is the Black Sea blue?

The 'patch' routine in Matlab sometimes does that; anyone wishinh to use one can easily edit the image. The maps can also be made without any filling colour at all, but people might not recognise the then unfamiliar shapes.

I can't think of a good reply to that.

Let's see...

"What?"

"Why do we need a New in a map of the Balkans?"

Not quite as fitting as I'd like, but...

The post referred to "New Kosovo", and he was saying, "New?" and spectacularly failing to specify that this was not a suggestion for a province name.

Just another "Nazis win" map, PODs no Churchill, disaster at Dunkirk, negociated peace, no US entry.

The Reich, after an economically disastrous period brought on by decades of Nazi mismanagement, saw the Army and certain elements of the security apparatus put an end to rule-by-Fuhrer in the 1980s, and since has withdrawn from much of it's empire. The US (and, in the areas west of the Volga, the Soviets) have moved into the resulting vaccuum. The US, indeed, is rather more worried about the Soviets and the Chinese nowadays, which remain nastily hard-Stalinist, although the Soviets are struggling to reform an economy which essentially reached it's limits of growth nearly two decades ago - the boost from the addition-of-inputs derived from bringing 50 million ex-serfs "up to spec" and rebuilding the former German "far east" has pretty much been exhausted.

Bruce

Last edited:
Ah... alien map. I made up the language and everything, but when I put them all together some parts didn't sound good, so I had to streamline, and even then I missed some parts. "Gruverawrp" probably could've been spelled "Gruverwarp" or "Gruverarp" without much difference. Dammit, when did I have make "-p" to indicate a preposition in relation to the noun ? (with exceptions, of course, for "Velarkep," which means "Land of Grand Sun")

Gelvep_base_Politics__50yrs_before_contact.png

How did France get that way?

I always enjoy your maps, the freehand style of the annotation is distinctive.

Thanks.

Territorially or politically? The Reich has annexed some chunks in the East, Alsace-Lorraine, south of Belgium. After the Reich pulled it's troops out in '90, the puppet regime promptly collapsed, and the post-Fascist governments moved closer to the US. For a while the Reich refused to countenance the US moving into it's own back yard, but they finally allowed France to join the US alliance system in exchange for US economic and technological assistance in their continued standoff vs the Soviet Union's 8 million man army.

Bruce

Alien map

This is one of the many fictional maps I've made.
It's an alien planet with all nations put out in different colors.

Edit: WOAH It's big haha woops

1 another cool new planet with borders.png

Status
Not open for further replies.