Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...

Hashemite Hejaz. Haven't seen that before. I've seen TLs where the whole of Arabia becomes Hashemite or Rashidi rather than Saudi, but not the Hejaz being separate.

Oman as a protectorate of the Indian Empire?

Between the Treaty of Versailles and the final unification of Arabia by Malik Abdulaziz ibn Saud in 1932, there did exist a Kingdom of Hejaz which was ruled by the historic Hashemites of Mecca (who only in OTL became Jordanian kings because the Saudis defeated them) while the center and east of the penninsula was ruled by the Sauds as the Kingdom of Nejd.

de facto of the Indian Empire, which technically would have been a compromise to be neither British nor French.

Between the Treaty of Versailles and the final unification of Arabia by Malik Abdulaziz ibn Saud in 1932, there did exist a Kingdom of Hejaz which was ruled by the historic Hashemites of Mecca (who only in OTL became Jordanian kings because the Saudis defeated them) while the center and east of the penninsula was ruled by the Sauds as the Kingdom of Nejd.

de facto of the Indian Empire, which technically would have been a compromise to be neither British nor French.

1920.gif

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/globalconnections/mideast/maps/poltext.html

If the Valois did not comply, the population of every French city held by Anglo-Burgundian forces would be butchered. Thus, the Valois were forced to comply to the Treaty of Paris, 1456.
There was peace at last in France.

Wow, that would definitely not make England the pariah of Europe.... :rolleyes:

How long until a Holy League forms against the Barbarian English who threatened to kill everyone in France? About ten minutes, probably.

~The Doctor~

I disagree. At Versailles you have the Big four, plus Austria-Hungary and Germany allowing for six groups. We can Susano argue from the French side.:D

I'd like to play. I'm also certain there were other states there too. Australia, Canada, anyone?

I'd like to play. I'm also certain there were other states there too. Australia, Canada, anyone?

I still say that Vienna is better... if nothing else, it's been done less.

...But the good thing is, it would take no prep time. Just assign players and go to it!

That reminds me:
In my AP European History class earlier this year, we got into groups and pretty much role-played the parts of English and French diplomats at different stages of the HYW. My group was England, near the end 1456. This is what we got:

Cool exercise and map

Again, with the post-nuclear-war-SF theme, a word map deriving rather loosely by an old C.M. Kornbluth short entitled “The Adventurer”.

President-for-life Folsom V has just been unanimously confirmed by the College of Electors, and this time hardly anyone got shot in the immediate aftermath of Folsom IV’s death. It’s about a century after WWIII, almost sixty years since WWIV. Things are currently fairly peaceful, although there has been some muttering of late in both the Kremlin and the White House re “perfidious neutralism” and “the Hindu menace”, and there is some feeling that Brazil has been getting a bit too big for its britches lately. The withdrawal of Soviet and Republic forces from much of the Middle East a generation ago (after the oil ran out) has led to the sprouting of a number of new Islamicist regimes. Unity, however, remains doubtful, the Neo-Wahabis not getting along at all well with the Osamaists (followers of the writings of one of the martyrs of the Occupation).

Bruce

Just because if its in this thread I know it will get looked at. (downside being it might be completely overlooked do to more competetion)

The Eastern Hemisphere of Merlin...

fantstexture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.