Not open for further replies.

Jus Pau Hib

Banned
A map

#

world.PNG

Diamond

Banned
Here's another world map from GURPS Infinite Worlds.
This one is Reich-2, an alternate where Halifax becomes PM,
negotiates an armistice with Germany, and then allies with Japan (by supplying them with oil and rubber) to break up the German-Japanese power-bloc.
Current year is 1961, and the five great powers - Germany, Britain, USSR, Japan, and the US - are in a cold war, building orbiting nuclear missile platforms, and engaged in proxy wars throughout Africa, SE Asia, and the middle east.

Reich2a.PNG

Diamond

Banned
Faeelin: yeah, I can definitely do a map of Bonaparte. I'll do one of PoP too, but you'll have to let me re-read the thread first, unless you want to PM me with the particulars of what you want.

Othniel: I used a bit of guesswork. I'm assuming that even though Vichy France is a satellite state of the Reich, they have a bit of autonomy, and Germany trusts them enough to let them administer Morocco and Algeria (the latter of which I've adjusted the border of northwards quite a lot).

Also note that 'satellite' doesn't necessarily mean a given nation is under direct control. For example, I'm assuming that Turkey and Egypt would be more like junior partners. I just tried to simplify things for the map. Also, there's not a huge amount of info in the book, so I had to guess on a lot of things.

Here's a map for my No WWI-TL.
The world in 1929.
Key: Red: British Empire - Navy blue: French empire -Grey: Russia - Light green: German empire - Dark green: Austria-Hungary - Yellow: Spain -Lighter yellow: Japan - Purple: Denmark - Orange: Netherlands - Pink: Italy - Dark brown: US - (what should have been) a lighter shade of brown: China.
Colors or other atates are a bit at random.
Striped areas represent countries that are not fully sovereign but not real colonies either.

krtworld19141929.jpg

Last edited:
And another, this time Asia in 1935.
China has become grey and the Ottoman Empire dark brown (that doesn't mean it possesses the Philippines though).

krtazie19141935.jpg

Thande

Donor
Ah, you got around to doing a map yourself! :) Good job BTW. I particularly like that unconventional projection for Asia.

Diamond said:
Here's another world map from GURPS Infinite Worlds.
This one is Reich-2, an alternate where Halifax becomes PM,
negotiates an armistice with Germany, and then allies with Japan (by supplying them with oil and rubber) to break up the German-Japanese power-bloc.
Current year is 1961, and the five great powers - Germany, Britain, USSR, Japan, and the US - are in a cold war, building orbiting nuclear missile platforms, and engaged in proxy wars throughout Africa, SE Asia, and the middle east.

Nice. But I am somewhat skeptical of Soviet survival with the Germans successfully maintaing control of both the Ukraine and the Baku oilfields.

Bruce

Diamond

Banned
And yet another map of a parallel from GURPS I.W.
This one is Bonaparte-4, where Nappy landed in Ireland, blockaded Britain, and went on to build a massive empire, which is now, 200 years later, rotting and stagnant. In the words of the book's authors, it is a 'globe-spanning banana republic'.

Again, I took certain liberties. There is not a lot of info on any of these parallels, so I made stuff up. Some of it makes sense, like the Boerstaat and the central African colonies given out as a pittance for Austria by its French overlords. Other things, like an independent Australia (possibly with American help?) I threw in because I thought it looked cool. :)

Bonaparte1.PNG

Well there would be no American Civil War in that world. Can I introduce nukes, or would that violate all we stand for?

Here's a (completely implausible, mind you) world I've been playing with.. the premise of it is that the HRE conquers France along the turn of the millenium, and a resistance movement grows up around Jauques, young Count of Champagne.. eventually we get this situation in 2004.
The Empire of Franconia is basically a Protestant HRE, where the Emperor changes his title (He's of a Franconian dynasty, and he says it is a throwback to the Franks who founded the Empire) after going against the Pope.

World Map.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.