Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically, wasn't Bolivia known as Upper Peru?

It was, and I actually changed it three times not remembering which it was. Eventually I just gave up and became resigned to the fact that I was going to get it wrong no matter which I used :D

Alright, fixed it:

Inspired by Upvote's 20-minute speed cartography, I decided to do some speed cartography of my own. Of course, me being me and Upvote being Upvote means that mine took not 20 minutes, but 4-5 hours. (Also, I may or may not have made this map entirely for the Monty Python reference, which is certainly in keeping with the current contest.)

Nobody Expects the Peruvian Inquisition!

Full Size

nobody_expects_the_peruvian_inquisition_by_zeksora-d9w8hzp.png

The basic premise is that the Spanish king is dethroned during a different, French Republic-centered, Napoleonic Wars, making Spain into a Republic (of sorts) and causing what was left of the Spanish royal family to flee to their American colonies. However, most of the rebellions go off on schedule, and the TTL Spanish overlords are even less equipped to fight them than the OTL ones. The Royal Family is slaughtered in their beds after the King refuses to flee Bogotá, seeing it as a sign of weakness. However, the Peruvian ruling class, searching for something, anything to unite the lower classes behind them in preserving the old systems and battling the rebel armies all around them, smuggles a precious treasure out of the burning city: the infant who would later become Carlos V of Spain. With this powerful symbol to rally behind, the Peruvians secured their borders and became officially the last piece of land held by the Kingdom of Spain. Today, the Kingdom is effectively ruled by an oligarchical upper class, with the King essentially powerless in the face of their resources.​

So in order to destress in between classes, I decided to finally finish a map I made based on an EU4 game (sadly, the save file has since corrupted.:() I played over the summer as Silesia. This is very silly, obviously, and a lot of the provinces I made up or are utterly ahistorical. (Like, with a POD of 1444, New Silesia probably wouldn't exist. And Sudeten wouldn't be named that.) Also, I used German because 1). It's a fun language for fun people and 2). I didn't want to decide on whether to use English names, Polish names, or Czech names.

lwSEZtH.png

IVcYxLm.png

Partition of British India

The partition of British India had effectively started in the previous decade but it wasn’t until early 1950 when the nations of British India would finally become independent nations. Following the conclusion of the Second Word War in August 1946 many soldiers of the empire had wanted to return home, many instead were sent to the occupation zones in Japan or Germany but many where placed in a military limbo, especially those attempting to return to Britain after taking part in operation Downfall. The war itself had dealt another form of damage and that was creating a logistical and administrative nightmare for the British following the war, many felt that they must get the situation sorted out before soldiers would be returned home. However this lengthy wait for the servicemen caused tensions to flare up.

On December 1946 several sporadic munities by RAF servicemen spawned in Indian cities such as the then named, Delhi and Calcutta. Many caused by this slow repatriation as well as drunkenness and many annoyed that they would miss the first holiday celebrations with their families following the war. The munities soon spread to other sections of the Military Stationed in India, leading to the Labour Government in London being forced to send a special envoy to deal with the problem. When the envoy eventually arrived in India they found mass protest by another group. They found that many of the Muslim population had started to protest at both the occupation of Muslims by the British and others attempting to force the British to create a homeland for the Muslims.

In January 1947 it was proclaimed that there would be a systemic break down of British India with plans put in place to create new states, with another confirmation in April 1947 with the Mountbatten Plan. It announced that there would be at least a nation for Muslims, and Hindus as well as other sections pushing for the choice of joining the two nations or going independent would be up to the regions themselves. This issue caused the was sudden movement of people towards the newly proposed zones, causing conflict between the two religious groups. Although the conflict would through relatively minor sections of the religious people in comparison to the population the British Government looked to back the formation of a buffer state along the border between the proposed India and Pakistan.

Although not fully dividing the border of India and Pakistan it was successful in created Rajputana and Gujarat as states to help quell conflict between the nations. Although on the outset it would seem like the British did this as to avert fighting however there is evidence that suggests that it was done in an attempt to create two strong nations in the area. The British concerned with the expansionist USSR as well as the sudden fighting in the Chinese Civil War felt that they needed a nation in the region which would be a useful ally. They were unsure if a united British Raj as a nation would be successfully, with their concern lying with internal strife. This then created the hidden under lying part of the Mountbatten Plan, which was to create two nations who could help shift the balance of power against the USSR if war would to break out.

-----

Just something from my TL which I was unsure how to mention without going off on a complete tangent. Hope people enjoy it!

Last edited:
Partition of British India

Is there a larger version? I can't make out what's written under Republic of Bengala or what's in the top left there. Also, it should be "Partition" rather than "Parition" in the title and "Republic of India" rather than "Republic of Inida" in the main text box.

Is there a larger version? I can't make out what's written under Republic of Bengala or what's in the top left there. Also, it should be "Partition" rather than "Parition" in the title and "Republic of India" rather than "Republic of Inida" in the main text box.

Thank you :)

Updated it so that is larger.

The writing in the Kashmir area is just mentioning that region is disputed between Kashmir and Pakistan. I didn't want to make it even larger as it can be an annoyance some people when a large image pops up.

Thank you :)

Updated it so that is larger.

The writing in the Kashmir area is just mentioning that region is disputed between Kashmir and Pakistan. I didn't want to make it even larger as it can be an annoyance some people when a large image pops up.

People often upload two versions, a smaller one to have in the post and a larger one which is only linked to for those interested.

Asami

Banned
Crossposted from my timeline, Qilai, Qilai! This is as of mid-2003, shortly before the Islamic Caliphate invaded Jordan and began to pummel Israel.

5n5uhmc.png

pT5M8hT.png

(Top map is geopolitical, bottom map is alliance-based.)

Gray is the Dar al-Islam, the alliance of radical Islamist regimes lead by the maniacal and psychopathic Wahhabist caliphate. They have made great strides in damaging the standing of Muslims internationally, and have seeded regimes like theirs all over the Sub-Saharan region.

Red is the Warsaw Pact, the alliance of states under the general protection and political alignment of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union, since the death of Joseph Stalin in 1949, has largely become a moderate remnant of it's former self -- while not embracing democracy like China did, they've largely turned into a moderating force on Earth. In the Middle Eastern theatre, the Soviets have a large number of planes conducting bombing raids against Islamic Caliphate units out of airfields in Syria, Iraq and Jordan. They are currently assembling Tatar and Kazakh special units to fight the IC.

Orange is the Beijing Pact, the alliance of states under the general protection and political alignment of the People's Republic of China. Since the resignation of Mao Tse-tung in 1953, China has largely turned into a social democratic superpower, embracing the maxims of democracy and state-regulated capitalism. After the 1999 Kargil War, China became the definitive Asian superpower, after India and Pakistan were engulfed in nuclear war. They are involved in the southern set of the Middle Eastern theatre, launching bomb raids from Ethiopia, Somalia and Djibouti against Sudan, IC-occupied Yemen, Oman, and the other Islamist regimes in Africa. They are assembling a coordination of Bengali, Ugyhur and other Islamic soldiers to help fight the IC.

Blue is the Pan-European Military Community, a collective of European populist, nationalist, or "federalist" regimes that work together to bright Europe tighter together, and push out the influences of America and the Soviet Union to ensure Europe's place in the future as a power to be reckoned. This alliance is lead primarily by the Republic of France and FR Germany. They are largely uninvolved in the war against the IC, largely targeting Islamists domestically and in Tunisia -- since the May 2002 terrorist attacks, European Islamophobia has reached new heights.

Greenish-blue is the Alliance of Free States, the reformed version of NATO, after the European withdrawal from the organization. The United States is the de-jure and de-facto leader of this alliance. Despite European withdrawal, it has remained strong and capable of threatening her enemies. The United States, UK and others are currently coordinating the establishment of numerous Islamic units to help occupy Mecca and Medina during the invasion of the Caliphate, planned for 2004. These soldiers are trained and prepped largely under the purvey of U.S. officers and with the permission and assistance of the various Arab/Islamic states aligned to the USSR, USA and China.

Crossposted from my timeline, Qilai, Qilai! This is as of mid-2003, shortly before the Islamic Caliphate invaded Jordan and began to pummel Israel.

Interesting. Chad, though, seems a bit iffy as a member of the Islamic block. I know that it's absence would break up the neat geographic contiguity you have there, but it's nearly 50% non-Muslim and its Muslim communities aren't really notably militant. Why not throw in an Islamicist north Nigeria instead? The British didn't have to let the place go as a single state, after all. :)

(And that color is more reddish-tan than orange).

Asami

Banned
Interesting. Chad, though, seems a bit iffy as a member of the Islamic block. I know that it's absence would break up the neat geographic contiguity you have there, but it's nearly 50% non-Muslim and its Muslim communities aren't really notably militant. Why not throw in an Islamicist north Nigeria instead? The British didn't have to let the place go as a single state, after all. :)

(And that color is more reddish-tan than orange).

Well, my thing with Chad is, more or less, the Islamic quasi-majority is gripping tight to power, and is using intimidation and violence to beat down the 45% non-Muslim population; however, Chad is basically bursting at the seams with civil unrest as a result; Chad is really the weakest link in the IC alliance, and is largely incapable of fighting the war. Most Chinese military officers expect Chad to capitulate almost immediately, or implode spectacularly trying to keep things together in the face of their invasion.

As for Nigeria, Nigeria is facing an insurgency in the North, but is doing a handy job at keeping them pretty damn tightly kept in lock, aided by British military materiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.