Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabot Cat

Banned
What if you combined the Republican and Democratic primaries into one big, Louisiana-style primary? I attempted to answer that for the 2000 and 2008 election cycles, when there were no incumbents on either side. States are awarded to the candidate with the highest popular vote total, or who has the highest count of delegates nominally if neither party used a primary. Each candidate has a unique color in the map but not in the Infobox, in accordance to the standard style used for the Louisiana gubernatorial elections. The territories aren't included because they don't have Electoral College votes, and consequently the popular vote totals will differ from those found on Wikipedia. So, without further ado, here they are:

oTCVVNc.png

JMDGRdN.png

Last edited:

Sabot Cat

Banned
Damn, a reverse 2000. Now that's interesting (but so is everything else).

Thanks! And yeah, I kind of chuckled to myself when I found that was the case. What was most surprising for me was there were clean Electoral College vote winners in both super-primaries.

Thanks! And yeah, I kind of chuckled to myself when I found that was the case. What was most surprising for me was there were clean Electoral College vote winners in both super-primaries.

So, would the EC winner of each super-primary become president under this system, or would there be a run-off between the 2 candidates with the highest PV, or highest EC?

What if you combined the Republican and Democratic primaries into one big, Louisiana-style primary? I attempted to answer that for the 2000 and 2008 election cycles, when there were no incumbents on either side. States are awarded to the candidate with the highest popular vote total, or who has the highest count of delegates nominally if neither party used a primary. Each candidate has a unique color in the map but not in the Infobox, in accordance to the standard style used for the Louisiana gubernatorial elections. The territories aren't included because they don't have Electoral College votes, and consequently the popular vote totals will differ from those found on Wikipedia. So, without further ado, here they are:

Very cool. Those are the strangest maps, too.

Sabot Cat

Banned
So, would the EC winner of each super-primary become president under this system, or would there be a run-off between the 2 candidates with the highest PV, or highest EC?

The EC winner becomes President, and failing that, the House decides. It's kind of like the 1824 U.S. Presidential election that took place when there was no dominant party but the Democratic-Republicans, and everyone just ran for the general.

Very cool. Those are the strangest maps, too.

Thanks! :)

Cool maps, but I think they've been done before (these specific elections too). Maybe on the alternate electoral maps threads. Other elections I'd like to see under this system is 1976, 1980, 1988, and 1992. All of them look like they'd be delightfully mad.

Also, for elections with 6 people I think having three people on two rows is more elegant then having two people on three rows.

Sabot Cat

Banned
Cool maps, but I think they've been done before (these specific elections too). Maybe on the alternate electoral maps threads.

Thanks! And yeah, I wasn't sure if that was the case, I figured it probably was but it was fun to make anyway. :)

Other elections I'd like to see under this system is 1976, 1980, 1988, and 1992. All of them look like they'd be delightfully mad.

1992 would be interesting, and if I were to do another one that'd be it. I think it would be a Bush E.C. landslide despite losing the popular vote just by eyeballing these state-by-state primary results.

Also, for elections with 6 people I think having three people on two rows is more elegant then having two people on three rows.

That'll be uploaded shortly.

EDIT: Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out~ ^^

Also, how did you make such a clean edit of the wiki election map (with the right font and all)?

I downloaded the SVG files from Wikimedia, and then edited it in Inkscape, which is free if you're interested in doing the same. :)

Ah. Well that definitely is a good way to do so. But how did you achieve the font for the legend of the map?

Also, as Paul only has 2% of the vote and no states, he would not be included in the wikibox, as 5% or the victory of a state is the threshhold for candidates to have a spot on the wikibox.

Sabot Cat

Banned
Ah. Well that definitely is a good way to do so. But how did you achieve the font for the legend of the map?

In Inkscape, you can just click the names of the candidates that are already there and type more or revise entirely. :)

Also, as Paul only has 2% of the vote and no states, he would not be included in the wikibox, as 5% or the victory of a state is the threshhold for candidates to have a spot on the wikibox.

As I told packmanwiscy, five candidate boxes look ugly. I will, however, produce that anyway. :)

evuZHff.png

"Like a playa' piano/ya on a roll.
Got sixteen keys/not an ounce of soul."

Sixteen Keys was MC mOS's (Marcus Parker) first release following his ejection from the Peachtree Gospel Choir. The release was a return to Parker's Folk Hop roots and his readoption of the MC mOS stage name. Marcus Parker had primarily been involved with Historicist Gospel acts, singing with the Suntown Gospel Choir between 2058-2062 and singing with the Peachtree Gospel Choir between 2061-2064. However a dispute over the choir's creative direction caused Parker to fired by the director. Following this incident, he ended up signing with Folk Hop legend Uriel's (Lana Daniel) Pinnacle Records. Daniels involvement with the single's writing and production, as well as the album's, was not particularly unexpected, both due to her long relation with Parker, part of the reason why she picked up the artist, as well as her public distaste of the Historicist movement. The track itself is a diss track, referencing the other 15 members of the choir and the choir director. The song expresses frustration with the failed imagination of the choir, as well as with the creative limitations of Historicist music.

The song stirred some controversy on release, as many casual listeners who were not familiar with the background of the song mis-characterized it as having anti-synth themes. Marcus Parker has since clarified this point, in an interview with Groove Zine, and insisting that "[he] bear no ill will towards our silicon sisters and metal brothers." Despite this clarification, the song has still become popular with some anti-synth circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.