Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate Tony Blairs
Tony Blair is Leader of the Labour Party

And now for something completely different.

blair2.png

Having indexed my various wikiboxes/maps/exposition for Our Fathers' Stars, I realized that I haven't actually made a single wikibox related to synthetic issues, although there was a big Q&A.

In order to remedy this, why don't we look at one of the most well-known afflictions disorders that can affect synthetic intelligence.

CZONtUJ.png

Ted Simm's disease is named after the first human operator (U.S. Army SPC Ted Simm) whose partnered S.I. contracted the condition, and is also known as Taylor-Crawford disease in the synthetic community (Taylor, after Ted Simm's partner, and Crawford, after the disease's most (in)famous victim). Ted Simm's disease has been typified as a degenerative cyberneurological disorder. The disease is usually contracted by an abrupt loss of engaged sensors, and was first observed (although not understood at the time) in U.S. Army synthetics returning home from the War in Uzbekistan. Said synthetics were usually partnered with operators, and were jacked into their operator's Augmented Neurvous System (ANS) when the operator suffered severe injury.

Unlike many less severe synthetic diseases and glitches, Ted Simm's disease cannot repaired using standard counter-corruption subroutines. Rather, the degeneracy of the condition comes from the fact that these subroutines will in fact only exacerbate the disease. Automated attempts to restore the traumatized regions and recreate lost data usually tends to create numerous conflicting datasets, causing more errors and corruption. If a synthetic treats the condition like normal data corruption, the disease will spread across the S.I.'s memory network. Early stage symptoms include the loss of specific memories, small memory leaks, and loss of efficiency in processing clusters. Mid state symptoms include short-term memory loss, false memories, erratic processing behavior, and abrupt mood swings. Late stage symptoms include schizophrenia-like symptoms, personality splits, and frequent processing failures. If the disease goes untreated, the S.I. will eventually be locked into hibernation state, or self-terminate. Depending on the resources dedicated to counter-corruption protocols, the final state of the disease can be reached between 6 months to 2 years, with more dedicated counter-corruption cycles resulting in a more rapid progression.

While the disease was one of the first synthetic conditions that was identified as a degenerative disorder by cyberneurologists, with the European Cyberneurology Association publishing their report in 2053, early treatments were crude. The only recommended panacea at the time was for synthetics who were diagnosed with Ted Simm's to skip all counter-corruption cycles. While this dramatically slowed disease progression, it did not serve to reverse the condition, and it left the S.I. incredibly vulnerable to other sources of corruption. Since then, however, more sophisticated treatments have been developed. Dr. Vitoria Araujo, a psychologist, was one of the first experts to advance the treatment of the disease, publishing a paper on the subject in 2058. While Dr. Araujo was not a cyberneurologist, and had no real education in S.I. network anatomy, she was able to develop a form of talk therapy with synthetic patients, that allowed affected regions to be identified and cordoned off. The Araujo method has become the primary treatment of the disease, but its' limited to patients in the early stage. While funding for researching the disease is limited in many locales, due to a lack of corporate or state interest in synthetic diseases, there are currently attempts ongoing to find treatments for later stage patients. One promising lead is a paper published by Dr. Yasar and his team at the Cyberneruology Department at the University of Cairo, which describes the development of a novel counter-corruption subroutine that could solve the deficiencies found in traditional protocols.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, did I mention that pretty much everything I've made or explained is indexed now? If you've missed previous boxes, it'd be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Wish I had a cool write up to go with this, but I sadly do not. Here's a simpler one instead:

A4hQNBV.png

Wikipedia said:
The Caged Bird was an American band based in Seattle. It was formed by Haris Amoretto, Octavian Rais, and Ivan Strobel. The Caged Bird released three albums: Reality has Limits in March 2008, The Nation Trembled in December 2012, and Nature of Man in July 2014.

The band was best known for two hit singles from The Nation Trembled: "Assured Destruction" and "A Depression Named for Him". "Assured Destruction" reached number ten on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and Digital Songs charts.

Studio Albums
Musician John Anderson of Rebirth on "Reality has Limits" said:
"A fun indie band with great tunes. The music has a very unique sound with electric guitars paired with mandolins. I look forward maybe working with them one day."
qvvLpz4.png

Actress Emily Walhgren on "The Nation Trembled" said:
"They're still the same band I remember hearing 3 year ago, they just changed the style a little bit. More angst filled and political. Commenting on the previous Cascadian Election and discussing depression are just a couple of examples."
Fans of the first album said:
"Their first album was so much better."
OeyNl0Q.png

Actor Jacob Smith on "Nature of Man" said:
"I like the new style they're taking. Talking about big events like nuclear warfare and the recent civil rights issues in the Dixie Republic. It's something that more people need to hear. Their next album will probably be their magnum opus."
O4le4id.png

Wish I had a cool write up to go with this, but I sadly do not. Here's a simpler one instead:

Great work. It's always fun when someone does under-used infobox templates like albums or bands and your write-up and infobox are perfect examples of complementing each other to shine a light into the universe that you created instead of relying on one or the other to tell the story.

Great work. It's always fun when someone does under-used infobox templates like albums or bands and your write-up and infobox are perfect examples of complementing each other to shine a light into the universe that you created instead of relying on one or the other to tell the story.

Those are great infoboxes.

I might do one or two music infoboxes myself.

I like this! :)
Thank you.

Anyway, something from the same universe.

------------------------------
The Independent Labour Party is the third-largest party in the National Assembly, behind the Unionist and New Democratic parties. They are currently led by Andy Burnham, who has led the party into the Assembly since the legalisation of other political parties in 2009.

burnham.png

I think that you mixed up Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor in the "portrayed by" section.

No, I did not. The implication is that A New Hope is Episode I. Shadow of the Empire (which was the working title for The Force Awakens) is the first of the Sequel Trilogy in a world without the Prequels. Ewan McGregor plays a younger Obi-Wan in a flashback and voices his spirit.

I agree, it's always good to see new and generally underused infoboxes, especially when they're done well--like these

The minimalist writeups also worked very well with the subjects, so that was good

These are from the Empire, a political-based fantasy setting with 17th-18th century culture and tech. The political system is inspired by the British one, but the culture is a fusion of Germany and Britain.

NCBOJg3.jpg

During the Wars of the Mad Emperor (1326-1331), Emperor Christopher II the Mad was deposed by an alliance of rebels led by army office and liberal reformer Brigadier Lorrick Payne, and Charles, Duke of Eastford, Christopher the Mad's second son.
After the wars ended, Lorrick and Charles came to an agreement. Duke Charles ascended the throne as Charles IV, while the parliament that the liberal reformists were clamouring for was established.
And in 1332, when the Imperial political world divided into two camps, the reformists became the Loetherites, named for renowned liberal author Emersson Loether (1240–1305).

After the Loetherite Schism of the 1350s, the party is divided into two factions:

mUUVSZA.jpg

The National Loetherists represent the urban, liberal merchant classes. They support centralized government and tariffs on international trade to protect Imperial merchants. They are contrasted by the rural, populist minority group known as the Dominion Loetherites:

DmoFog9.jpg

VvpGrxW.jpg

While the parliamentary reformists formed the Loetherites, the conservatives and monarchists formed the Harrisites, named for pro-monarchist playwright and man of letters Tiberion Harris (1262-1329).
Since the 1360s, the Harrisites have been divided into two camps.

7jPQJgy.jpg

The Harrisite answer to Nationals, New Harrisites appeal to the burgeoning middle class, advocating free trade and central government. They are less religiously conservative and pro-aristocratic than the agrarian Country Harrisites:

eLGWPXq.jpg

DaJ9CK5.jpg

Having split off from the Loetherites in 1359, the Republicans are radicals who call for abolition of the monarchy and the formation of a republic. They also support mercantilism and laissez-faire fiscal theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.