Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the map of the world in my Take, Dropped, and Thrown Timeline (Link in Sig)

The premise: the US vanished on October 21, 2015, and many nations struggle to fill the gap left behind. However, on November 1, 2050 the US returns and finds itself in a different world. This is what the world looks like by November 1, 2050 (with an inset map of how the US territory was divided up during the intervening years)

Very wise for them to have had the areas stay as territories. Would have been a nuisance having representaties in the national legislatures for American land. I am guessing that millions, perhaps tens of millions are gone now though. And time to help free Greenland from the sticky grasp of the Maple.

Very wise for them to have had the areas stay as territories. Would have been a nuisance having representaties in the national legislatures for American land. I am guessing that millions, perhaps tens of millions are gone now though. And time to help free Greenland from the sticky grasp of the Maple.

Greenland is independent actually, that's their TACOS colour. and about 15 million were living in the former US territory, but they're all gone now.

Here’s the map of the world in my Take, Dropped, and Thrown Timeline (Link in Sig)

The premise: the US vanished on October 21, 2015, and many nations struggle to fill the gap left behind. However, on November 1, 2050 the US returns and finds itself in a different world. This is what the world looks like by November 1, 2050 (with an inset map of how the US territory was divided up during the intervening years)

Sorry, is that British Tierra del Fuego I see there?

Canada: West Coast, Appalachia, and Far South

Mexico: California, Tejas, and Luisiana

Cuba: Continente (Mainland)

And Thanks!

Thank you! But a small critique, I think Appalachia would be a strange name to extend to the entirety of the Northeast/Midwest, especially considering the majority of the Appalachian Range would be in the Far South Territory. Maybe further divide that Territory into New England Territory and Ohio Territory?

Last edited:

Does the 2015 US reappear, or a developed 2050 USA?

Also, do any extremist (Islamist or other) terrorist groups (Daesh, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda, Taliban,...) have territory?

How stable is this European Federation?

Here is an update for the Civil War in Wisconsin.

Just to note the colored dots indicate small patches of land controlled by the various armed factions outside of the larger colored territories.

Regime forces last week recaptured Eau Claire forcing both the Progressive Republic and the National Salvation Front to withdraw from the city. Regime soldiers have been accused of carrying out a massacre in the recaptured city. Amnesty international says that over 400 civilians were killed in the aftermath of the Battle in Eau-Claire. Meanwhile dozens of pro government citizens were killed by anti government rocket attacks. Many are now fearing that the civil war in Wisconsin could turn into another Syrian Civil War without the sectarianism part.

The far right religious group The Baptist Independence Army has reported to have shrunk as the Government Junta has captured more land that was previously held by the militant Baptist group.

(I'm not the best with maps so I do apologize for the lack of map making skills on this. I also apologize for not including any of the cities on here. Another side note this ASB scenario has Wisconsin having a larger population than it is in RL. The population is around 16 million people.)

Well... as the BIA is basically Baptist Daesh, I must ask: Have BIA or splinter groups of the BIA committed any terrorist attacks?

Does the 2015 US reappear, or a developed 2050 USA?

Also, do any extremist (Islamist or other) terrorist groups (Daesh, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda, Taliban,...) have territory?

How stable is this European Federation?

2015 reappears

The Taliban controls those grey portions of Afghanistan, but other than that no.

Stable. It federalized during the 2030s and any states not wanted to be in the federation had left long before then (the TL has a fuller description)

A bit tough on those 15 million people, isn't it? Where do they get to?

Anyhoo, new map. did this at the suggestion of Turquoise Blue. A map based on this "Voronoi" sphere map https://www.jasondavies.com/maps/voronoi/capitals/ where world territories have been redrawn so that a region is determined by the closest capital city. I have cheated a little, but since this was mostly for fun, I hope folks won't mind.

(Also, apologies for the ridiculous number of color labels and the excessive chattyness of those. It just ran away with me this time).

This is a world of more middle sized and smallish states, where the Angles and Saxons didn't have it all their way in Britain, where the whole Holy Roman Empire thing ran into trouble early when one of the later Carolingians had no less than five sons survive to adulthood, where the latest Chinese Warring States interlude seems to be settling into a more permanent state of affairs, and where the colonial struggles for the Americas was more of a bloody free-for-all than the "Habsburg-Mega Empire grabs it all with some scraps left for the Portuguese, and the Pope concurs" situation of our timeline.

It's a somewhat less technologically advanced world: greater international competition, but reduced economies of scale, and more linguistic divisions between scholars and researchers. In many fields they are approaching where we were in the mid-20th century, but they're still a ways from developing atomic weapons or power, and rockets into space are stuff for the funny papers. Slower technological pace and smaller European nations have made things a bit easier on non-Europeans, and while disease still broke the back of American Indian civilization, the interior of Africa and much of Asia remained outside European control.

It's a mostly post-colonial world: the wave of European conquest has withdrawn from difficult and unprofitable areas, and now that the world is economically connected its easier to trade than to forcibly extract, although a number of islands and various dibs and dabs of territories abroad are still ruled from European colonies.

It's a world with more little wars but fewer big ones: nothing on the scale of the apocalyptic world wars of OTL has happened yet, although this world's version of the *reformation was bloody enough. (Catholicism did a bit better than OTL, which has helped make for a more confident and liberal Church).

It's a worried world.

The Islamic world is in a tense state: it seems of late Allah has it out for Islam lately, with the two greatest Islamic powers collapsing in the last two centuries, first the Arabian Caliphate torn apart in the early 19th century, and then the ancient empire of Persia descending into civil war in the 90s. Sure, Islam in India and parts of Africa is OK, but Islam looks weak and fragmented compared to the major European and European derived states, and isn't looking too shiny compared to the great empires of east Asia, either. Islamicist "purifying" or "reforming" movements are on the rise.

Europeans are also nervous, as the long delayed unification of the German states, long interrupted by feuding German kings and republics and a three-way religious division (the Neo-Arian churches historically didn't get along with the Zimmerites at _all_), seems in train at last in these secular times: if it succeeds, it will create a giant which will dominate Europe. Some predict this will be the "Roman Empire" spoken of in the Biblical apocalypse: religious fervor is on the rise among those who don't cotton to this "secular" stuff. Meanwhile, the Popularists (more like OTL Communists) remain active in most industrialized or industrializing countries in the world, and have recently scored a success in South America. And then there is the Red Plague, [1] originating in the depths of the Amazon, which has after several successfully contained outbreaks has reached epidemic levels in the corrupt dictatorship of Cubaocon: as 2000 approaches, the world waits with hope and fear for the next century...

[1] Known as "the walking plague" due to it's victims at some point in their disease cycle develop a feverish obsession with getting out of their beds and walking off towards the horizon for some unclear reason: the fact they get very sociable and huggy doesn't help, either

And here's the overblown map.

voronoi_world_by_quantumbranching-d9hwwgq.png

Well... as the BIA is basically Baptist Daesh, I must ask: Have BIA or splinter groups of the BIA committed any terrorist attacks?

Yes they have committed several attacks since the 1990s, the most recent one occurred in Rhinelander where over 24 people were shot at Sunday mass at a catholic church. That occurred two weeks ago and in response the Air-Force launched more airstrikes against territories in the upper north in BIA territory.

In the 1990s they committed acts of terrorism and vandalism as well. In 1995 a Lutheran church in Oshkosh was set on fire in the middle of the night. In 1997 they carried out several mass shootings in several rural settlements mostly targeting non Baptists. However one Party official who were official an atheist was killed during the 1997 wave of terror.

The Army intervened and crushed the movement along with several cult organizations. Nevertheless since the mid 2000s the BIA has been on the rise again.

Poor Czechs. Nice map, and an interesting idea. We need more post-cold-war scenarios.
Did Russia lose any more areas which it retained in OTL, or was it just Kaliningrad?

Heh, thanks :D Poor us indeed XD I was hoping to make some waves with it since most Czechs can't stand alternate history but, since I posted it after the 17th (damn you work! >x< ) it didn't have the desired effect :/

And I had been considering making a few more losses. As you can see, the map is oriented to show Moscow because of communist Moscowcentrism but I had also intended to carve up Russia a bit. In the end a lack of time forced my hand but to answer your question, more carving was intended at first :)
And a side note, I really enjoyed researching the Czech names of all the cities :D

The original map went both further East and West before I began to trim it down; bottom line Russia has lost control over the Caucasus and Ukraine has encroached herself in Krasnodar.
I think he was talking to me :I

This is a rough estimate of the map of the world in a timeline that as far as i know only exists on a 6 video series on youtube in the year 1934. right before plan 38 was launched by the anticom. (mainly Brittan, russia yougoslavia romania japan) the other is the sparticusbound alliance headed by a socailist germany that had a revolution in 1919. Then the whites won in russia. poland fell to a dictatorship and the red russain/polish war still happened. just the new border was ungodly ugly looking. austria fell to revolution around the same time as hungary, and musolini italy tried to gain tryrol out of it and by the end of that ordeal a socailist government came to power in italy also. france fell to socailism and all her colonies became independent after it (they were all rebeling too) and socailism came to all those also. finaly spain fell and moroco became independent. the war started after a series of events involving ghandi being arrested in south africa and gernmany absorbing austria. the spark that caused actual war was that the ethnic finns in russia were starting to be killed for ethnic russain resettlement. and finland declared war and attacked. poland and germany had an alliance with them to help if war was ever declared so poland attacked. romania invaded hungary along with yougoslavia. germany then tried to invade checkoslovakia but got stopped. a lot of troops were sent to russai also. portagul invaded spain. a major channel war is still being faught between fascist UK and socailist france. as soon as belgumn came into the war it was defeated and turned to socailism. a major front was faught between UK colonies in africa with former french ones. now a rather minor one since the UK has essentaily lost. india rebelled and later australia rebeled because the troops felt sorry for the indians they were committing crimes against humanity against. japan recently invaded the dutch east indies because with the recent election of FDR in the US he put an oil embargo on japan. thus bringing the dutch in on the side of germany. china is in a civil war between japanese and russain supported (i can't remember dynasty name) empire and a coalition of communists socailists and republicans.

also i forgot to change the color of corsica to one of being independent so just pretend the blue french color is that color :D the current bloodiest fronts are in hungary ( wich was so bad germany and hungary were forced to become the same country) and in finland where the russians are fighting to keep the finnish navy from gaining access to the central russain river system mainly around the white sea coridor. least bloody/no activity is the polish border and in the east indies between japan and australia.

enjoy!

sparticus across the rihne.PNG

Fallout: the known world in 2277
1. The NCR state of Arroyo
2. Klamath
3. Redding
4. Vault City
5. New Reno
6. New California
7. San Francisco: NCR-Shi disputed
8. Maxon: NCR-Brotherhood disputed
9. The Hub
10. Angel's Boneyard
11. Dayglow
12. Baja
13. Mojave Wasteland: New Vegas, Brotherhood, Enclave Remnant , NCR, Legion dispute.
14. Caesar's Legion
15. New Canaan
16. Montana Brotherhood of Steel
17. Dog Town: NCR expedition, Legion controlled
18. Reaver Movement
19. Texas Brotherhood of Steel
20. Midwest Brotherhood of Steel
21. The Pitt
22. Capital Wasteland: East Coast Brotherhood-Enclave disputed
23. The Commonwealth: The Institute, Diamond City, and the Commonwealth Minutemen present.

Numbered Fallout.png

This is a rough estimate of the map of the world in a timeline that as far as i know only exists on a 6 video series on youtube in the year 1934. right before plan 38 was launched by the anticom. (mainly Brittan, russia yougoslavia romania japan) the other is the sparticusbound alliance headed by a socailist germany that had a revolution in 1919. Then the whites won in russia. poland fell to a dictatorship and the red russain/polish war still happened. just the new border was ungodly ugly looking. austria fell to revolution around the same time as hungary, and musolini italy tried to gain tryrol out of it and by the end of that ordeal a socailist government came to power in italy also. france fell to socailism and all her colonies became independent after it (they were all rebeling too) and socailism came to all those also. finaly spain fell and moroco became independent. the war started after a series of events involving ghandi being arrested in south africa and gernmany absorbing austria. the spark that caused actual war was that the ethnic finns in russia were starting to be killed for ethnic russain resettlement. and finland declared war and attacked. poland and germany had an alliance with them to help if war was ever declared so poland attacked. romania invaded hungary along with yougoslavia. germany then tried to invade checkoslovakia but got stopped. a lot of troops were sent to russai also. portagul invaded spain. a major channel war is still being faught between fascist UK and socailist france. as soon as belgumn came into the war it was defeated and turned to socailism. a major front was faught between UK colonies in africa with former french ones. now a rather minor one since the UK has essentaily lost. india rebelled and later australia rebeled because the troops felt sorry for the indians they were committing crimes against humanity against. japan recently invaded the dutch east indies because with the recent election of FDR in the US he put an oil embargo on japan. thus bringing the dutch in on the side of germany. china is in a civil war between japanese and russain supported (i can't remember dynasty name) empire and a coalition of communists socailists and republicans.

also i forgot to change the color of corsica to one of being independent so just pretend the blue french color is that color :D the current bloodiest fronts are in hungary ( wich was so bad germany and hungary were forced to become the same country) and in finland where the russians are fighting to keep the finnish navy from gaining access to the central russain river system mainly around the white sea coridor. least bloody/no activity is the polish border and in the east indies between japan and australia.

enjoy!

Dude, I love that series, that is where my name came from after all. I find it sad that GeneralShoggoth never got to finishing it...

Based on a V2 game, the first "competitive" parliamentary elections in the Free States of America after almost twenty years of near-complete dominance by the Whig Party. The political period spanning from 1884 to 1904 would be known as the Golden Age.

fhapjGx.png

Dude, I love that series, that is where my name came from after all. I find it sad that GeneralShoggoth never got to finishing it...

Wow. That's awesome. I read the comments on the last video and he admitted to having an asb or 2 in there so I changed the front line location in Persia. Otherwise, did I do a decent job of his borders of Africa or no?

I also gotta re color Madagascar :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.